Breaking News

Sign in to follow this  

The guy claimed there are other cells out there. I hope that his attack wasn't a signal for them.

That week was really sick and full of bad news.:(

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but how the hell does someone kill that many people with an M16? It holds thirty bullets, if I'm not mistaken.

The guy was an extremist who fought against what he saw as "turning Europe into Arabia". He was very anti-Muslim and saw his killing spree as a crusade.

And now I and a lot of people who share similar views are now subject to the Guilt by Association fallacy for having well-reasoned and legitimate arguments against Islam and its adherents. :roll:

Still, there are a lot of questions that need to be asked e.g. why did he attack Christian children and not Muslim children?

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but how the hell does someone kill that many people with an M16? It holds thirty bullets, if I'm not mistaken.

Reload?

It was actually mentioned he had brought enough ammunition and explosives to the island to take on a small army. He effectively bankrupted himself in order to get it all. Other than the people he traded supplies with, I do not believe there are other 'major' players in this besides himself. My arguments for that are that he

*claimed to be an academic, but wrote terribly

*almost got caught in his own explosion

*was delayed in getting to the island, but still took so much time there that the even further delayed police were able to catch him

*he planned to surrender, end up in prison - which might seem very marter-ish if it weren't for the fact he had some grave misconceptions about what would happen to him after that. Public hearings for everyone! Pick your own suit!

He did however:

*own a gun and knew how to shoot it

*assembled materials for a bomb, using company names for cover

*made the bomb

but..

*guns aren't any more illegal in Norway than they are in the 'States, so it shouldn't be surprising he was able to get one, get practise at a school. It's a lot more harder to get the heavier automatics and such though, which is why he resorted to illegal trade.

*using company names to take advantage of favourable taxation happens in Norway in more than one way. I don't see why he couldn't gotten have the idea from that. But is there really a more obvious way to let the world know you're making bombs? They already caught a copycat somewhere who planned to do the same thing, simply because he copied the same approach. Breivik gets kudos for being the first one to try it (if he really didn't get that off the internet someplace either), but he is far from a genious for having put the idea to practise.

*I can find manuals on the Internet on how to make nerve gas from toilet cleaner and pesticide. You don't have to be super-handy for those things either. I don't mind.. screwing open a television to replace some parts, it's darned easy. Everything can be looked up, so if anything more people are becoming more practical now than before.

Breivik spent nearly ten years on his own, so he had time to think things through. He was not a smart man, just a practical man with a lot of time on his hands. If he had received a lot of help from one or more accomplices over the past ten years, things would have been very different.

The guy was an extremist who fought against what he saw as "turning Europe into Arabia". He was very anti-Muslim and saw his killing spree as a crusade.

And now I and a lot of people who share similar views are now subject to the Guilt by Association fallacy for having well-reasoned and legitimate arguments against Islam and its adherents. :roll:

Still, there are a lot of questions that need to be asked e.g. why did he attack Christian children and not Muslim children?

Because in his eyes they were traitors for not fighting the muslims. Anyone who did not support him were traitors and deserved to die according to him.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Alright, I feel like I need to toss in two cents here.

There is no valid reason for this guy's actions. Religion has nothing to do with this tragedy. This man is clearly a psychotic individual who went unnoticed by friends or family and simply had to much time alone to develop paranoia and delusional thought patterns.

It's not uncommon for people with mental illness to hide their symptoms and do so very well. I recently had my own experience with some one I know who went from perfectly normal to full blown schizophrenic within a few months, allot of the time people left alone with these kinds of issues tend to blame religion, government or other major factors in society and sometimes even the people closest to them for all their worldly problems and their failures. I remember one guy I worked with was convinced that if he could invent a new language, all the worlds problems would be solved.

The point I want to make is that whenever something like this happens the first question on every ones mind is "why?" While I understand that, I feel like the longer and harder people try to answer that question, the more they justify the actions of one disturbed individual in the eyes of other just as disturbed individuals. There by increasing the chances of a "copy cat" surfacing and trying something just as crazy. Also I just get plain tiered of people trying to make sense out of a senseless act.

As for this Breivik guy, I think they should be branding him as a lunatic, lock him up in a padded cell and keep him near comatose for the rest of his life or just kill him. Doesn't matter if they can prove he's insane or not, no sane person would justify what he did, there is no place in society for this man.

Personally, I consider the guy the worst sort of chicken$h!t. If you're gonna carry the fight to "the enemy," fight the damn ENEMY! Not a bunch of kids who have squat-all to do with anything. I think he did what he did because he didn't have the COURAGE to fight any actual Muslim grown-ups.

Brevik is a lunatic, a fool, and a coward. He should be exhibited in clown makeup with a sign around his neck that reads "Brevik the Weak.". And people should be encouraged to taunt him and spit in his eye.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Alright, I feel like I need to toss in two cents here.

There is no valid reason for this guy's actions. Religion has nothing to do with this tragedy. This man is clearly a psychotic individual who went unnoticed by friends or family and simply had to much time alone to develop paranoia and delusional thought patterns.

It's not uncommon for people with mental illness to hide their symptoms and do so very well. I recently had my own experience with some one I know who went from perfectly normal to full blown schizophrenic within a few months, allot of the time people left alone with these kinds of issues tend to blame religion, government or other major factors in society and sometimes even the people closest to them for all their worldly problems and their failures. I remember one guy I worked with was convinced that if he could invent a new language, all the worlds problems would be solved.

The point I want to make is that whenever something like this happens the first question on every ones mind is "why?" While I understand that, I feel like the longer and harder people try to answer that question, the more they justify the actions of one disturbed individual in the eyes of other just as disturbed individuals. There by increasing the chances of a "copy cat" surfacing and trying something just as crazy. Also I just get plain tiered of people trying to make sense out of a senseless act.

As for this Breivik guy, I think they should be branding him as a lunatic, lock him up in a padded cell and keep him near comatose for the rest of his life or just kill him. Doesn't matter if they can prove he's insane or not, no sane person would justify what he did, there is no place in society for this man.

I tend to disagree, the world is rather insane, then sane (At least with our thinking capability). There is much more things done that don't make sense then those that do. In this way, the accused has not done anything out of the ordinary, BUT, the social world for most countries works only if these people get punished, and he knew that in his coutry they do, so in all fairness he shall be punished.

But anyway, my point of the post was that I think that people who try to answer the answer "Why" and then become just as disturbed as you say are those that are not ready for the truth of the world/ acceptance of the theory that the world is bizzare. The people who do know or theorize the world is a rather bizzare and illogical place don't get disturbed by these news or by thinking out the question why he did it. (such as me)

@Doomshepherd

Tons of people or shall I call them Neo-Nazis kill or get involved in fights with muslims in Europe already, however, they did not get so much attention as this guy hence I must come to the conclusion that by his own ideology he did a better job. And as said before, in his view these people were traitors. Who do people hate more, the traitors that went to fight for the enemy or the actual enemy. The answer is here:

In William Shakespeare's play King Lear (circa 1600), when the King learns that his daughter Regan has publicly dishonoured him, he says They could not, would not do 't; 'tis worse than murder:

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

He wasn't psychotic. He knew exactly what he did and had planned it for a long time. If he was psychotic it would be much more spontaneous.

As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less what happens to him. What he did cannot be excused in any way and I hope he pays for it.

It's simple; he's obviously nuts. The average person does not plot to murder those whom they see as 'traitors' for not fighting religious extremists. The average person does not go out and then proceed to murder many innocent people to 'fight' their war. There is no justifying his behaviour, I'm not saying madness is an excuse, I'm saying its the cause. Besides, he was even saying he was working with 'other cells' that have since been proven to not actually exist (or so said BBC News). This sounds fairly delusional to me.

Of course my views here could be totally wrong but this is how I see it.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I don't think he's crazy. I think he's evil.

I know it's currently popular to believe that the two things are one and the same, but I don't and never will.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Maybe we as a society have a responsobility to keep this kind of hate from growing.

I disagree. Hate (like all other thoughts) is never a crime; it's an emotional response. If you think hate is wrong, then you're eschewing all forms of judging values and moral codes since a moral code is a spectrum of "good" and "bad" i.e. we hate things that are bad and we love things that are good; to damn one is to damn the code itself.

Maybe we as a society have a responsobility to keep this kind of hate from growing.

I disagree. Hate (like all other thoughts) is never a crime; it's an emotional response. If you think hate is wrong, then you're eschewing all forms of judging values and moral codes since a moral code is a spectrum of "good" and "bad" i.e. we hate things that are bad and we love things that are good; to damn one is to damn the code itself.

"This kind of hate". I didn't mean hate in general, just hate that leads to tragedies like this one.

I don't think he's crazy. I think he's evil.

I know it's currently popular to believe that the two things are one and the same, but I don't and never will.

Your political incorrectness is much to my liking. I agree completely.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I read in a newspaper over here, his father was interveiwed about his son, and his own father said he should have killed himself.

The man that did this may be insane, or maybe not. But, he is definately evil.

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Rioting in London And unrest in the uk

16000 police deployed to maintain order In London

And when he gets to heaven,

To saint Peter he will tell;

One more soldier reporting, sir.

I've served my time in Hell!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.