FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 51

FM51.jpg

Blip.tv link

(download will be up later)

Well this took longer than I expected, mostly due to paperwork not related to the video, then me getting sick. I still am sick, so all videos are unfortunately on hold until I get better. Once I am better, I plan to keep coming out with more all through December. I don't have a lot else to say because I'm sick. It fills my thoughts mostly with "blaaaaaaaah" and want to roll on the floor like a dog.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

Yeah I know that feel, bro. I'm sick myself and it's a pain.. like the world could end and you just wouldn't give a shit. It sucks. Well, may you get better soon and make a fast recovery, Ross.

Btw, great episode. It's amazing the work you did while sick. That's dedication, dude. It's annoying for me to even type this.. You're just awesome, man.

I like that in this episode it was just Freeman lost for most of it, and the fact that his notion of 'The right way is where all the aliens are' was disproved to him here. It's just interesting to see the evolution of his thought processes throughout this series.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Come on Freeman, really? Maps highlighting evacuation routes? You should know better by now.

Looks like we're finally getting near the end of the game. I'm sure we're all wondering at this point: Is Ross planning to continue into Half Life 2?

Anyway, for all the complaining people do about how long it takes for new episodes to come out, it's pretty impressive when you manage to finish and post a new video despite being so sick. Good show, Ross.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I hope that he continues witch hl2.

Start kickstarter campaign and I'm sure you will get enough money to continue series.

Also.

You can make your voice overlay little bit louder compared to game sounds.

Great episode as always, Ross!

Seems like everyone is getting ill. I passed a kidney stone recently and Jesus Christ lord almighty it was horrible. That coupled with my sleep deprivation, I have not been at my best recently. But to see your dedication to FM and delivering it to your fans even when ill is great.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Well, at least Freeman didn't kill the guard he encountered this time, at least not directly. :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

This has been the best episode in a while. My favorite moments were Freeman wondering why the Alien Grunts don't wear armor on their torsos, leading him to believe that Earth is being invaded by strippers, and his reaction to the snarks: "I'M NOT YOUR MOTHER! STOP IMPRINTING!". That had me laughing like a maniac when paired with the high pitched squeaking, and the snarks eagerly running towards him. That's certainly an interesting way to interpret those snark mines...

I don't know what Freeman was mad at that guard for though (the one that probably got torn to shreds by aliens). It's not like fires his pistol any faster.

Funny guy.

Well, if he considers "the end of the game" to be all of Xen, then he's not wrong per se, since there's just a tiny bit left of FAF and then just one more chapter.

Awesome episode Ross! Get well and Happy Thanksgiving!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

By my calculations, unless Ross does 12 minute videos or rushes through the game, It'll take around 8 more videos to reach Xen.

Since Freeman's Mind Episode release dates obey Quantum Physics and are unpredictable the only thing I can do is give an expectation date of October 2014 as reaching Xen.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

By my calculations, unless Ross does 12 minute videos or rushes through the game, It'll take around 8 more videos to reach Xen.

Very optimistic. At this pace with 12-minutes in average, I say at least 20 more videos, probably 30.

Subtitles typed. I'm in the midst of syncing them with the video now. Hope to have that done and then any formatting anomalies fixed soon and then I can start on the Thanksgiving stuff. Woo.

Yahooo! :)

Несу добро в массы!

Very optimistic. At this pace with 12-minutes in average, I say at least 20 more videos, probably 30.

After 50 eps, he's currently around 23 minutes into the 29 minute speedrun. That hits Xen around minute 26. I think 8 to reach Xen isn't a bad guess, and the same again to finish the game. It's possible the Xen bits are easier to speedrun than the rest of the game though, and Ross will have more room to explore/get lost. I've only played through once many years ago. :)

Regardless, Forget About Freeman is one of the game's shortest chapters (it should be done by the next episode). Lambda Core is one of the longest. These are all that's between Freeman and Xen. However, Surface Tension is the absolute longest chapter in the game, and Ross got through that in 9-10 episodes. So I predict Freeman will reach Xen at around episode 60.

T SHIRT WITH "Are the strippers invading us?"

And a picture of an alien grunt on a pole. :lol:

This was quite a good episode. Get better soon Ross! I imagine an FM episode done entirely while sick would probably result in Freeman sounding like that vortigaunt from the Aliens episode of CP.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.