Games you got recently

I often feel that it stems from the idea that because they're presented with it, they feel that's the only way the game can be played.

Hurtworld has a rather interesting method for discouraging senseless player killing. When you die, be it from "natural" causes or someone killing you, you drop things like arrows, wood, stone, materials basically. But you keep all your tools and weapons and clothing. HOWEVER. IF you partake in killing other players in cold blood then you get penalized sort of and if you die, you drop everything. Basically adds a risk to being a dick and quite frankly I approve of that. I've got nothing against the occasional conflict but if someones going around purposefully hunting undergeared players (basically those still in the prep phase of their new character) then you'll get nothing but laughs from me if you die and have all your stuff taken.

From a marketing standpoint bumming up the games online features makes sense, I'm aware I'm in the anti-"playing with strangers" minority. I should probably make more of an effort to see if certain online only games are worth playing. For example, I really enjoyed Skyrim and felt quite excited by the prospect of the following Elder Scrolls Online title. But after finding out it was exclusively for online gaming I lost interest. Are any aspects of game worthwhile for a single player?

It's sad to see the utilization of game penalties for dodgy gamer practices, but the fact it exists highlights the fact that certain peoples conduct warrants it.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

just bought South Park The Stick of Truth, I already know how the game is, I never got to play it, I saw a walk through now its my turn to play this shit, and see if I should be the ULTIMATE COOL guy but idk what class I should pick because Cartman will hate me if I am a jew LOL!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I just pirated the Don't Starve series, just to try it... It's good so far.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just pirated the Don't Starve series, just to try it... It's good so far.

They are a lot of fun. Just when you think your character is settling in and scraping by enough to be reasonably comfortable, something horrible and unannounced happens and you are brought back to a state only marginally better than when you first woke up on the island. Assuming you don't immediately die that is :P Have you been killed by any of those cyclopean birds yet?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Nope, still in the first couple months on the original DS.

Slime Rancher

The digital anti-depressant. Just about everything about this game makes me smile and giggle.

Retired Forum Moderator

I just got the new Jonathan Blow game, "The Witness" and I've been horribly addicted to it. It's definitely not a game for everyone, but it was absolutely perfect for me.

World of Warships... Pretty fun. Kinda like a WWII version of the ship combat from Assassin's Creed 4, only in a 'match' setting.

Rise of Tomb Raider. Man, this game is so damn good. And here i was thinking reboot was good

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Torrented XCOM 2... It's a definite buy for me, but I knew that before torrenting it. I've found a LOT of bugs though.

The Sims 4!

The attitude you need to have to play it is; "It's not a Sims game". XP It's way different to all the other games, made by different developers, so I'm gonna act like it's a different game and enjoy the fuck out of it. But for now, waiting for it to download. :P Oh boy! 5:45 hours remaining. Which is actually pretty decent for my Australian internet. XD 500KB/sec is not bad at all!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Only 4Mbps? That's what we in America call "below the minimum speed limit". There are 'new' regulations in place saying anything under 25Mbps down and 3Mbps up isn't considered broadband. (and we upped the speed because most other countries, including many 3rd world countries, were outrunning our average internet speeds)

I'm becoming ever so slightly addicted to Ziggurat. On the face of it, Ziggurat is a rather simple first-person dungeon crawler with randomly-generated levels, with minor RPG elements in the form of experience points that allow your chosen character to gain new traits. You play a student of magic undertaking a hallowed rite of passage in the titular Ziggurat, a place full of monsters and secret lore that will test your spell flinging capabilities. The interesting aspect is that you have no lives or continues, if you die you have to start at the beginning of the Ziggurat, only the subsequent level maps will have a different layout, enemies will change and appear in different orders, new spells, staffs, amulets, and alchemical weapons may turn up in hidden rooms, the key to summon each levels randomly selected "guardian" (i.e. boss) will turn up in varied parts of the map, etc. There is a lot of content to unlock too, new traits to select which you often get given upon your characters untimely demise. New characters are awarded upon completing certain milestones, such as killing X amount of a certain enemy or totaling up X amount of damage.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

The Sims 4!

The attitude you need to have to play it is; "It's not a Sims game". XP It's way different to all the other games, made by different developers, so I'm gonna act like it's a different game and enjoy the fuck out of it. But for now, waiting for it to download. :P Oh boy! 5:45 hours remaining. Which is actually pretty decent for my Australian internet. XD 500KB/sec is not bad at all!

Wow I guess I have Australian internet. In Los Angeles.

OT:

Door kickers

Plague, Inc.

Retired Forum Moderator

I recently got Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Sleeping Dogs. I have a lot of great things to say about how great Sleeping dogs is and nothing good to say about Dragon's Dogma.

Slime Rancher

The digital anti-depressant. Just about everything about this game makes me smile and giggle.

Slime Rancher is really cute and amazing, I can't wait to see what they do with future content. Kinda hope they expand on the ranch to let it hold more plots of ground.

The Division Beta. It's fun, but I'm hoping there is a decent SP torrent of it after release.

The Division Beta. It's fun, but I'm hoping there is a decent SP torrent of it after release.

An SP version of the Division would've been cool. I really love it's setting and would make for a great open world game but I'm not a big fan of multi-player games.