Reckoning

Sign in to follow this  

It really sucks that they made you move litterally across the contry to work for them only to make terrible deadlines and have you only work on the things that they want. Good luck moving back and getting stable.

On youtube people are going NUTZ about needing MORE Freeman's Mind! I disagree, as the deadlines were making you squeeze every bit of comedy out of one little thing, affecting quality. CP is only worse than Freeman's Mind because he hasn't caught up on that since, like, episode 15, and Machinima didn't make it even easier. For me, the recent episodes haven't been as funny as the first 13, 14 episodes. As far as job goes, hope things turn out for the better! Hell, if I were older, I would help you in writing since i'm 14.

No sense in work yourself to death. You maked right choice, good luck..

ps: cant wait for new FM

Cheers Ross! Hope this works out for you!

Lols at the Adhd/Youtube version.

Could you get someone else to do Subtitles for you?

Ross, I appriciate everything you are doing, because youre doing everything to post new videos, so I hope you have a great future coming and I wish all the luck

I totally understand your plight in rushing to meet deadlines. I'd rather you have the joy of working your magic in your own time than constantly rushing to meet deadlines in a way not unlike Calvin feeding garbage to the monsters under his bed in the comic strip Calvin

Sounds like a good decision on your part.

Good luck!

I can't blame you for leaving. Good luck to you.

And I have a bit of advice. If the source engine's built in recorder is giving you issues, Fraps may or may not be a better alternative. I've no idea how reliable the source's recorder is, so I can't say. I've heard Fraps is a great capture device. If I remember correctly, it can record in HD quality at a consistent framerate and at any dimension. Hope that's of some help to you.

As for your videos, feel free to produce whatever you like. I enjoy it all either way.

Sincerely,

Farce

Oh, the ADHD made lots of sense... haha XD yeah - though it's too bad you aren't working with Machinima anymore but you should be working on your own terms. Good luck getting everything back in order and I can't wait for your next CP episode and Freeman's mind!

I suggest working at Apeture Science, I hear they have great wages! (and cake)

Both series are awesome work, personally I like FM better because it follows a storyline more so whereas CP is random A-Day-In-The-Life-Of-A-CP-Officer. but I watch both repeatedly so keep up the awesome excellent work ;D

Whoh, sorry about that it didn't turn out well for you. But you should really put finding a stable job at the top of your list. If you don't have one, then there goes your machinima Though really, you need to take care of your own financial stuff first. You don't have to continue anything if you happen to lose money or anything like that. But may I suggest an underground laboratory in New Mexico. I hear they need assistance in teleportation experimentations.

Good luck in getting a home and a job. Take care.

As a huge fan of FM, it pains me to see you without much enthusiasm for it. I can completely understand why, but still, it is disheartening when an artist doesn't have much passion for his work, and is simply 'doing it for the fans'.

Yeah, there was definately a dip in the quality of the episodes while you were on those deadlines. It's easier to work when you're more relaxed in the time-aspect of things.

You should be fine.

thanks... i was going to put all that text into a reading programe but you just saved me all that listening.... props on the ADHD version... I feel fully up to date

Good luck with your move (again) Ross. Too bad you had to leave machinima, it should have been a dream job for you. Its great to see though you're willing to do so much just to keep the quality of your videos on par. Best of luck

PS: nice ADHD version, made me laugh

Oh, Ross,

somehow I haven't seen that one coming. I'm happy you're moving on with your life, wish best of luck with that bright future ].

You know, you have a lot of real fans. And we want more Ross, with his quality standards, clever script writing, and everything, that makes your videos so special, than Machinima's time frames. I hope you don't regret anything. It's always nice to be moving on, and giving a go at certain things.

So best of luck to You. Take some vacation to recharge your batteries. Hope to see more of your gems (not to) soon

P.S. Just remembered. I was worried about that "machinima.com has issues with me using someone's music" thing. How about now? Are you going to keep picking music for your soundtracks? You're very good at it. I was really pleased and happy to hear Jazz Jackrabbit 2 theme in "On a rail". I can't even imagine, how you come up with such nice selections. Really rich variety ].

Ok, enough with my to long-ish post. Take care

ross i think you should know that fm is a internet icon i have been to 20 difrent sites and guys talk about fm alot just to let you know stoping fm should be a last resort

Well I wish you the best of luck on your move and your future. I hope you will be able to finish up Freeman's mind sometime and haven't burnt out on it. I look forward to next year and seeing your stuff once you are ready to go back to work on it with a fresh attitude

I have no idea what the hell all these other people are saying. I've seen no decline in the FM quality, ever. It's all been funny to me.

Ross, what a previous poster stated, would you think about doing an alternation schedule, maybe 2wk of pumping out FM and then 4 wks of nothing but animating for CP and other?

I feel for you, turning something you love doing into too much work can ruin it for most people. I do have one comment however. I have the sense Freeman's Mind isn't on the top of your list, but its what brought me to this in the first place. So I beg you, don't cut it. Thats not saying Civil Protection ISN'T funny (which it is), I just look forward to ever new release of Freemans Mind, and would hate to see it go, or fall away for 3 months.