Reckoning

Sign in to follow this  

Ross,

Ok, so you can't sell DVDs without Valve's permission. But several other sites that produce similar content to yours have a PayPal donation function so that fan's who value the work can contribute. Maybe it wouldn't be enough to live off of, but I think you have group of loyal fans who would throw some cash your way.

Trey

Good to hear that you're taking time to think about yourself. Innovation isn't something that can be forced by deadlines. Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the new year!

Freeman's Mind is the only thing I have ever favourited on youtube in 5 years. (has it been 5 years yet?)

The popularity of that seems to be exploding. I'm from Ireland and the campuses here seem to be buzzing about it. Ross for president! (even though we can't vote)

Good Luck. And whatever happens, Thanks for all the great videos you've made so far! Take it easy.

Wow, I have the problems, with tight deadlines and no free time. Only thing is, I can't quit School.

Oh, and, that picture would be an ADD (attention deficit disorder), not ADHD (attention deficit HYPERACTIVITY disorder) version.

To Anonymous at 14:37:43:

Enlighten us / Explain.

Posted by preston

===============================

Well, he could have just told machinima off and worked at his own pace, instead of quitting entirely. He was getting payed for something he liked doing anyways, and nowadays you just cant afford to lose your job. AND people were finally getting satisfied with your video output rate. Oh well, good things never last...

hope all goes well. so is machinima not gonna post your videos anymore?

Thanks for the ADHD version, I have a really short attention span D:

Dear Mr. Scott

Happy Easter!!!

I would also like to inform you that I will ensure that machinima.com is sent 3 pallets of Ultra Badgers©® that have been injected with a new disease I call "Ultra Rabies®©"! Ultra Rabies®© is not like ordinary rabies, its effects on animals and humans include exploding, foaming at the mouth, being shot at, a pale zombie like complexion, an apatite for "brains", dressing like your on the Brady bunch, and distinct taste of Pepto Bismol©.

Your friend,

Dr. ¼ of a hotdog

P.S. I would offer you a job as a henchman but they die to much and I don't want that to happen to you.

P.P.S Did I remember to say Happy Easter? Oh well, Happy Easter!!!

Oh, Ross. We love you and want the best for you! Just do what you need to do for yourself. As one of your foremost groupies, speaking for myself I can say that although Gordon and Mike and Dave are some of my favorite people, waiting for new episodes is not the end of the world. Your fans will be here so take whatever time you need. Have a safe trip back and Merry Christmas! See you in the New Year~

-Randomjack

I agree with you, ross. Anytime you put something like this on the clock and involve money, quality suffers. I dont picture you as being a cubicle in L.A. kind of person anyway. Youve made me realize that i would probably resent machinima if i did it for pay too.

By the way, hilarious adhd graphic!

Hey Ross, sorry to hear about you leavin the job, it seemed to have everything you needed. Nonetheless, congrats for sticking to quality! all fans will appreciate that, I do. Keep it up!

PS: if you are behind on your death threat quota I could send a few, just whistle.

Cheers!

Hey Ross, first off I love your ADHD version, that was my best laugh of the day.

Second, i'm glad you're doing what makes you happy and not forcing yourself to stay in a situation that clearly isn't working out for you. I know you would need Valves permission, but you should consider DVD sales in the future. Valve has always been a great company to the modding community. (Counterstrike *cough *cough) Perhaps they would be willing to work with you and take a small percentage of sales. It's great advertising for the game, and who knows it may be a big step for machinima.

Of course DVD sales and concerns are something you obviously don't need to worry about at the moment. Good luck Ross.

In response to Anonymous at 14:46:25 --

With your statement "good things never last" you're implying that FM has stopped, or gone down hill. You're agreeing with yourself that all production has stopped, and Ross Scott has quit making videos.

The fact is, you're wrong. Ross made a wise choice, and even if he made a dumb choice it's still *his* choice with *his* reasons. Do you live in L.A.? Do you work for a shit company that limits your capabilities?

-Preston / Administrator

whew, I thought you were going to just suddenly pass out and die from producing so much content...

Holy SHIT!

4 pages...this is the most commented and most polemic post in Accursed Farms...

Thanks for answering my question Ross. Im building a PC for myself with about the same specs...

Intel C2D E6750 2.66Ghz 4mb L2 cache.

4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz

PNY GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

WD caviar Blue 320 gb (will be expanded) and will be using Win7 =D

I just wanted to add my well wishes to you, Ross. You are extremely talented. Best of luck with the move - I hope you find a super cheap awesome house in VA.

Good luck getting a new house and job. You're awesome, and I hope you are recognized for your genius and become extremely wealthy.

good luck man keep doing what you are doing.