Reckoning

Sign in to follow this  

Hey, get some help man. It might be hard to find some, but in the long run two in the production crew would save a lot of sleepless nights. They always say, "Rome wasn't built in a day..." but Rome wasn't built by one man either.

Could post a long dramatic post .. but : Take care mate! hope everything works out

greets from holland

Sorry Machinima didn't work out the way you expected. It must have sucked to move all the way out to L.A., only to end up moving back to Virginia. I hope things work out for you. Good luck and try to stay above the poverty line. I'm happy that you were stubborn enough to not sacrifice quality because you're machinima's are the best I have seen. I'm okay with waiting if it means that I get to watch good material.

Slightly above the poverty line...? Ow, that must suck. But then again, I wouldn't mind if you lowered the quality of freeman's mind to catch up with your deadlines. Civil Protection, not so much because the only reason I don't care too much about the quality of freeman's mind is because I just love the script.

Anonymous at 04:16:01: I find the format limiting and I have so many other ideas I'd like to get to instead. Plus some of the voice acting on the earlier episodes makes me cringe. Don't worry though, I'm not planning on cancelling Freeman's Mind as long as the fanbase remains.

Anonymous at 04:32:26: I'm reluctant about donations, because I don't think they would impact the production rate substantially. I'd like to have a faster workflow overall before I'd consider that, so people feel like they're getting something out of it. Of course I'd like money, but I don't want to exploit people either.

Hardts.: I'll take a look at your email, I think I may have missed the one before that.

Anonymous at 04:57:32: I'd say what would help me more than anything else is finding animators experienced in the Source engine. I'll probably make an official announcement at some point, but some people have a high probability of flaking out. The people who know what they're doing tend to be doing their own thing as it is.

knot17: Don't worry, killing myself wasn't on the list. Besides there are some episode ideas I want to get made EVENTUALLY, even if it was the last thing I ever did.

Unclever title: I meant it more to be visually intepretive. He's bathed in light looking up to something. Could be something better.

Spec Ops: Some of the stuff I really want to do I'm kind of stalling, hoping that the technology will catch up at some point to make the production more feasible.

Muzt4nG: Yeah a cute girl into my videos would be nice, so would catching a Leprechaun and finding a pot of gold. My specs don't really matter since I output everything frame by frame, so it's not quite realtime. Right now I have an Athlon 3400 and a Geforce 8800, 2GB RAM, Windows XP, about 1TB of hard drive space total.

Anonymous at 08:10:03: While I did feel like my limits on all fronts were getting strained recently, most of my obstacles timewise are technological, not creative. Also to be sure, I'm not producing the Mona Lisa here, but I do have some ideas that I think could be very good.

David: I'll be moving back to Blacksburg for the time being actually! So yeah, some scouting would't hurt. As for an apartment, I'll probably need to find a cheap house just so I can make noise when recording. As for DVD sales, I can't do that without Valve's permission, since it's their intellectual property.

Anonymous at 09:24:48: I've tried that in past and probably will again, but I've found that finding dependable people can be very rare, and there's a lot of time in managing if that does happen.

Anonymous at 16:34:17: Day of The Dead

Hey man, good luck with the move and everything, I really wish the for the best of luck to you and your future projects!

keep on truckin'

i dont care how much time it take for new vids to come out... take the rest of the year to make the point, do the stuff you have to do and come back next year with killer videos XD

Ah, I had a feeling this was going to happen. Ross, you've worked hard these past few months. No doubt in my mind that you made the right choice. What's the point of getting paid for something you love doing if it means cutting into your own life pretty hard? At least you're getting out of that situation.

I wont lie, I am a little saddened about FM going on hiatus for a while. But at least you'll have a lot more free time to make the episodes to the quality YOU want and not be worried about meeting such-n-such deadline. As they say, quality over quantity. Also, now that you're going to have more free time, you'll be able to really get a lot more of your ambitious ideas out.

Take the rest of the night and relax. Maybe have a drink or two.

~Brianna

Know your limits, that's what I say. Sounds like your current situation is a good middle ground for what you can afford right now. I'd also like to add my voice once again to the throng proclaming love for Freeman's Mind and, perhaps, Freeman's Mind 2 through 2.3!

Recently a lot of the comments on the Freeman's Mind videos were along the lines of "Wow, another one already? That was fast".But along with those are "Funnier than the last". Rest assured that Freeman's Mind is my favorite machinima since RedvsBlue made me giggle every time I heard the word 'Puma', and anything you need to make the best damn videos possible is fine by me. Hell, I've been waiting for HL2ep3 for years now and fully expect to wait another 5, but that's ok because I know that they're making one hell of a game; I'm fine waiting by and letting you do your work at your own pace.

By all means, take a well-needed vacation. Just remember to finish the series at some point, you have a lot of fans who are eager to see the rest.

i read the whole thing plus the ADHD part

I am glad that you will still be making the vids, that sucks that you had to push for those deadlines, it doesnt make sense to work yourself to death. Good luck and I will be watching for more vids

Hey, you said you wanted to see about new tech. Keep an eye on the Black Mesa add-on in Steam. It's FREE if you already have a steam engine game.

We all love the machinimas-- I've been thinking for a while that there were a hell of a lot of Freeman's Mind videos coming out, compared to the original rate, and that you must have been working your ass off. If it lets you keep doing what you want, we're for it.

Haha, I love the Attention-deficit walkthrough of it! I should have seen that before I read the entire thing.

You know where most of us stand. Anybody really capable of putting a perspective in your shoes will not complain about you leaving. I'm real glad and proud you've crawled through these past few months. You'll be back on your feet like the good old Doom guy in no time! Have fun relaxing and chillin' with mates!

Good luck with the move and all it entails. We'll be waiting

yea ross

u show that big company of nerds whos boss

lol jk

but srsly gj on leeving

I've been watching Freeman's Mind since episode 4 and a big fan. I'll admit I didn't watch Civil Protection til much later but I'm a big fan of all your stuff. Wishing you luck for the future!