Bucket List

Sign in to follow this  

A Bucket List is a List of things you wish to do before you 'kick the Bucket'. (Name inspired by the 2007 movie of the same name, starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman).

Some people have one, some people don't, and I imagine those that do probably don't really have a name for it apart from "Things I want to do before I die" as some kind of catch-all ethereal bubble of thoughts that they don't plan on doing anything about, unless the opportunity presents itself.

I myself have a bucket list (have had one since I was 17) and have since already fulfilled one of them. Realizing the relative ease of it, I added a few more entries to the list since I'm full of vigor and too young to know any better.

• Go Skydiving [check]
    Go Bungie Jumping
    Get married
    Shake hands with one of the executives of Pixar Animation Studios Inc. Preferably Brad Bird or John Lasseter.
    Travel to Europe or Asia
    Save a life
    Or two
    Go Skydiving again
    Reach Mach 1
    (If I reach Mach 1) Reach Mach 2
    (If I reach Mach 2) Go to Space

What's your bucket list? Do you think about it much? Have you achieved any of it? Ask about other people's experiences!

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Get married.

Live to at least driving age.

Go to an awesome party.

Play Batman: Arkham City. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IS IT OCTOBER YET)

I probably have more I just can't think of them.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I implore, entreat, and challenge you to come up with a bucket list, if you don't already have one. They're not necessarily life objectives, just little things on the side that you'd like to be able to say you've done.

Getting married for example, would obviously be a significant goal of sorts and not something "on the side", but regardless it is something that one has great interest and hope in being able to do.

you went skydiving? didn't peg you for a thrill seeker.

1. Marry a woman who isn't going to fathom the idea of cheating.

2. have a child who's exactly like my father

3. Fly in a plane

4. fly a plane

6. get on a theme park rollercoaster (fear of falling, i'm not afraid of heights)

7. meet Synyster Gates and talk about music for at least an hour over a smoke.

8. learn how to play guitar professionally

9. Meet James Hetfield

10. attempt to fight Jet Li just so i can tell people "hey i got my ass kicked by JET LI!" video evidence would be cool too...

11. -deleted, because it was stupid for a life goal-

12. own a saleen S7

13. drive faster than 150 mph on an airplane landing strip for the freedom of it.

14. not be alive to see my son's/daughter's funeral (important!)

15. own a Siberian Husky. (i'll steal one if i have to, they're amazing dogs!)

16. give my parents 100,000 dollars (i owe them much more than that)

17. maybe at least buy them a nice house.

19. once i learn guitar, play to a crowd of over 2,000 people.

20. see either of my two sister's weddings

21. not see either of their funerals (seriously, death before that would be nice)

i'll add more as i think of them.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Almost all of my bucket list was made back before age 13, and the only parts that I have yet to complete are:

• Marriage
  • Pilot an F-14D Tomcat at mach 2.5

I've already fought solo against a gang and won, piloted a plane in a barrel roll and loop, and gone faster than 130MPH on back roads in a 1974 F-150 XLT with a custom 460 engine...

I just recently added one though.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

My List (as of now, this is subject to change.)

-Have Sex.

-Get married.

-Surgery on chest (I have a pectus excuvatum [sunken chest].)

-Watch Star Trek DS9 (All episodes.)

-Buy a House.

-Watch the new Hobbit movies

-Go on 8 more cruises. (So I total 10, heck I'll do more cruises though).

May add more later.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I didn't know the F-14 Tomcat peaked at 2.3 machs. I thought it's top was somewhere around 1.8

I didn't know the F-14 Tomcat peaked at 2.3 machs. I thought it's top was somewhere around 1.8

The F-14 goes somewhere around 2.8... It's still my absolute favorite aircraft ever. It even has a welded titanium frame...

I have a plan but I don't want to write about it. It's a new idea and I want to keep it in secret. Anyway, I belive it's possible because lot's of people do it as well since years.

I want to write some books, at least finish one of them. And finish school, that's for sure.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Hang out with:

Flying Lotus

Jokers Of The Scene

Boys Noize

Rusko

Joker

The Dali Lama

Tom Cruise

Dr. Dre

Skydive

Plant and detonate C4

Break a record

See a Zombie Apocalypse

Have my Career dreams realized (Be an IT person, Game Designer, and Music Producer)

Hi Friend.

The F-14 goes somewhere around 2.8... It's still my absolute favorite aircraft ever. It even has a welded titanium frame...

That's as fast or faster than the Mig-31 Foxhound (which officially holds the title of fastest combat aircraft).

Ssrathi, I forgot to ask earlier, what were your first two cruises?

That's as fast or faster than the Mig-31 Foxhound (which officially holds the title of fastest combat aircraft).

Yes, it's comparable...

Ssrathi, I forgot to ask earlier, what were your first two cruises?

Western Caribbean (Mexico, Belize, Honduras I think)

Eastern Caribbean (US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Antigua.)

Probably the most fun I've ever had :D

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

My list is more like goals I made in life...

- Travel to every country in europe (90% completed)

- Learn latin when it is the appropriate time (5 % completed :P)

- Write an autobiography and try make something out of it, at least make it pass down the family as a tradition... (0%)

- Become expert at knife trickery and defence (10 %)

- Open my own Nightclub here in Kiev... (0%)

- Achieve philosophical harmony of the world and myself (20%)

- For one month travel to the most resort places in the world alone or with my best friend. (0 %)

- Find out the answer to the ultimate question about the universe and it's reason in existence (0%)

Bonus Point:

- Find out who and why killed JFK (0%)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

- Find out the answer to the ultimate question about the universe and it's reason in existence (0%)

- Find out the answer to the ultimate question about the universe and it's reason in existence (100%)

Never die, can that be a goal?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

The CIA declassifies information 75 years after the incident happened (unless it gets an extension).

Thus in 2017 information collected and operated by the OSS will be released about stuff that happened in World War II. If you live to December 2038, you'll see the actual documents and all the secrets of the grassy knoll go public officially.

Never die, can that be a goal?

The best you could do is hope.

Personally I think there are better things to hope for.

1. Finish my medicine degree

2. sky-dive solo

3. travel to Europe

4. ski (not much snow in Australia),

5. fight a lion (would probably do that last as this is a bucket list)

6. try the world's hottest chili

- Open my own Nightclub here in Kiev... (0%)

If you do that, I will visit it sometime in my life. If it is a Prog House Club, I will leave the country and live in Kiev. Yes, I am that serious about Prog House (I love it).

Hi Friend.