Can't take the heat

Sign in to follow this  

I had the exact same Geforce 8800 GTS before (or actually two connected on SLI) and there was always a heating problem with them. My case air flow is pretty good but in the end my main 8800 GTS just burnt out and died, the last thing I saw was the temperature hitting 96 degress before my screen blacked out =/ The overheating of the 8800 GTS seems to be a commen problem when running 3D apps, at least with a forum cross search

The members page and nonmembers page would be terrible honestly. It makes sense but honestly I would still donate if the donaters did not get any benefits because I really like the series.

Just transfered 28 episodes of Freeman Mind on to a DVD and going to have little Half-Life marathon.

I am a big fan of yours.

you dont have to have more to show for it if you through a donate button on the site you might be able to make some good money so when this stuff happens its no problem

Not accepting money from fans until you feel you deserve it? You must be the most honest man on the planet.

This is worth a shot: get the card out, and use a can of air to blow dust out of any crevice you see. Especially if there is a heatsink on the thing.

I used to have a dual graphics card system and I had to clean it out like that once a month or my system would actually activate the safety kill switch from overheating. Getting dust in there keeps it at ridiculous heats.

Get a new one if you want, but just keep in mind that proper cleaning might be all you really need to get it running well again.

I don't see the big issue with adding a paypal function to your site, unless you have the worse webmaster in the world! JK...

But seriously, it's real easy to do! And if you don't want to make it flash, the easier approach would be to setup a paypal tab and link it from your site.

I think you've been avoiding the issue though for other reasons

Well... I think he's trying to get some time off.... And i wouldn't blame him! He's probably sick of all of it!

I can wait for freemans mind there are a ton of other mind series and its been forever since i sat down and watched every freemans mind episode.

Good luck ross

You know, I don't get this at all. I know money can be tight and such but I bought a GeForce 9600 GSO, DX10 768 DDR2 from XFX. It was $60.00 I'm trying to figure out where you guys are shopping for your hardware, maybe move to Nebraska cause from the looks of it, it's cheaper out here.

Or here is an idea. I know you hate donations Scott, but try this. We pool cash together and just buy you a new video card and send you that. It's a lot less guilt feeling then cash.

Your web site is just fine the way it is. If you want to learn and I mean LEARN some simple html stuff, then I'll help you out. I mean simple stuff to get you around on your web site. You could also try E107 CMS, probably the most awesome and easy CMS to use.

http://www.warzoneradio.com/contact.php

My PC did exactly the same stuff today while I was in the middle of creating a new scene in Unity >.<

At least I now know WHY it did that.

So, if Black Mesa comes out this summer, do you think you'll still be able to switch the goldsrc Half-Life with it instead?

Ross, IF YOUR GRAPHICS CARD CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GET IT OUT OF THE ROCKET PROPULSION TEST CHAMBER! Ah ha ha ha. Burn. Burn. Burn. Physics RULES.

On the bright side, it's not like you HAVE a deadline so I spose you shouldn't sweat the situation, just sweat the heat. Good luck bro.

Probably been said already, but 8 series cards are known for having low default fan speeds. Get rivatuner or something and turn that shit up! I do, else my card would run around 70C!!! Yikes!

Maybe You should take some oxi-codo and let the technical difficulties Just float away...

(LOL Episode References!)

You know what Ross the only real reason we're here for is your voice. It helps me sleep at night. Could you put a audio file of you just singing "Go to sleep Go to sleep Go to sleep my CP and FM fan." That be kickass thanks. P.S. I WANTS YOUR SKIN FOR MY COAT!!!!! O_O

Aw, STANG! Well, I wonder what Gordon would have to say about it Perhaps that coolant system in the lower levels of Black Mesa can be replicated in small scale.

Mighty upsetting, Captain Scott, but it can't be helped. Good Speed to you, and come back soon !!!!

Ross, if your computer is not working you cant complete the second point, so paste on your site Donate button from paypal or maybe from site like ChipIn. It does not require web skills.

Or maybe your computer is perfectly working, and you are just too lazy to fulfill promises about upcoming freemans and cp's, so you just lie about your card overheating.