Can't take the heat

Sign in to follow this  

You can do it!!! In my opinion this is one of the best Half- life / source game machinimas ever created.

Just keep up the good work and remember: your fans can wait, were not going to hate you if you can't make a video every week, heck I'd watch your vids if they were yearly - Zoolot

hey i had the same problem one time it could be the bios or dust or a virus if cleaning it or setting the bios or using anti virus email me at [email protected] and others who read this no spam its just a waste of your time and you get blackmail in the end so no spam.

Erm.. is your computer dusty inside?... I mean you could vacum it.. i had pretty much the same overheating prob.. tough i had to dust both my graphics card and the main board xD

Sorry bout the trouble with your comp.

Hopefully you can get it fixed though.

Time for me to get a job. I've been delaying this, since I'm not finished with school and still live with my parents, but they will move to another country in a year or so, and I will have to survive on my own, but fuck it.

So Ross, I do not like many machinima creators, and I respect even less. You belong to the people I respect, for saying no to this donations, BUT if I can manage to find a part-time job, I WILL send you some money(maybe like 250â

Ross my man, no offense buy you are NOT Rooster teeth.

You do not need site improvements or the ability to see old posts.

Subtitles and alternate shots would be great, but hey honestly we wouldn't care!

All I want is maybe a forum to talk to other fans with! Thats all! Other then that I would donate for FREE!

Having a donate button would probably be a LOT easier than you think. PayPal for example (no, they aren't paying me) will give you the code to just paste in to your site. You might be able to put it in one of your posts depending on whats enabled. Hell, I'll even offer my services if you're interested.

You can check me out at melansonwebdesign.com. The site has not been updated in a while because where I work at the moment I'm not "supposed" to do paid web design work. I won't be offended if you decline but hey, the offer is there.

Ross! People are begging to donate! BEGGING! What you do is amazing, please let us help you in your time of need!

if u can u should build or buy a water cooled computer or attach it to your computer. keep on making your awsome videos

clearly god doesnt want this episode done lol jk that shit happened to me u probably need to regrease the heatsink like i did

Hey Ross,

Sucks to hear about your video card. I had something similar with my 9600GT - it would raise to 100C under load. It didn't help that my PSU's intake fan blew hot air right onto my video card. Thankfully I won an Antec 300 case that had a fan spot right over the video card so I put a fan there and one on the front (bottom slot) and now it doesn't go past 45C. It's a bit noisier since I didn't opt for silent fans (stupidly) but it is definitely cooler and I think the artefacts have cleared up too.

I've got web programming and PHP experience - I haven't worked with PayPal's APIs as yet but I'm working on a couple of projects that will give me some experience in that area. You could always just tell people to send money to your e-mail address via PayPal.

Good luck with the cooling sitch, and I look forward to FM 29 and CP 8.

because my pc gets really hot (4Ghz QuadCore , GeForceGTX 465 , 4GB RAM) I leave the case open on one side maybe that could help ??? hope it did

I was just going back over the older episodes, and I find that they have transcripts added under the video player.

Was this your doing, Machinima's, or YouTube's?

I just thought to let you know.

Good luck Ross, and check your email man! I'd do your site for you no problem.

The Master

*Comments so you know you have mt support even though you never read comments anyway i just thought id post one so you can be like "woo lots of fans*

Take your time man

Analogue donate button = PO Box. Retain your privacy and let the money flow.

well that is shitty. but still i love my pc i have amd phenom II 945 w/ cooler master v8 cooling it and an ati radeon HD 5750 behind to back it up. still that sux 4 u

You know what, Ross? I just ordered a new GT 240 because it's the best card that'll run with the factory 305w PSU. I have nothing else to do with my old card. (operative word here being old) It's an nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000. An incredible 64mb of memory with a VGA port and an S-Video port. It doesn't support SLI... failol. Does anyone want it or at least know where I can dump it? I can't pay for shipping. Don't say eBay or craigslist or anything like that. Also, I opened up my case and found... an incredible amount of dust, cat hair, and lint. In total, it weighed 1.1 lbs. I kind of figured it out when I noticed a thick buildup of lint on the air intake grate and lint being shot out the back. it's been 6 years since I last cleaned the case out...