Can't take the heat

Sign in to follow this  

E3 in 2 days !!

sorry trying to be positive here

ok, im just wondering this but are you going to continue the freemans mind series into Half Life 2? if so, i have an idea for the end. you can make a FAKE ending on april fools (the year you plan to finish it, of course) and have him get teleported back to xen and surrounded by aleins by refusing to go into the portal and then afterwords make the real one and so on. it should be absalutly HILARIOUS when that combine tips over the can and tells you to pick it up. i cant wait to see it!

have you tried ghetto rigging a leaf blower pointed at the case?

Ross, COMMENTARY.

Your commentary on Freeman's mind is awesome.

commentary commentary = epic. It's only logical.

Take the damn money.

I had freemans mind on a loop when I was stuck with the flu. It helped me sleep through it. That's easily worth like 20-30 bucks.

Yeah that same thing happend with my laptop, and the new cooler fixed it so when you get your cooler as well I hope it resolves the problem.

Hmmm I use this with 2 120mm fans (about $35 with 120mmfans), if you can fit it in your case your 8800gt should get pretty cold. It fits almost any single gpu card in existence.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16835186016

You can get away with 1 fan but your temps might just slip past 40c if you only have 1... If you want to see how I mounted mine you can look at this. I would also recomend finding a fan that is supposed to be quite because out of my 7 120mm fans 1 of them is making more noise than any other.

On 4850: http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/giganotasaurus/coolingisnottheissue002.jpg

On 8600gt: http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo220/giganotasaurus/119_3028.jpg

I had heating trouble with an old computer. I bought a small, second-hand fridge and shoved it in there. I don't know enough about computer hardware to work out which part was overheating so this seemed like a good idea. It worked.

take all the time you need same thing happen to me

You are worth donating to even without the extra stuff. Freeman's Mind is one of my favorite things, I waste money on things that give me a fraction of the entertainment this site gives me. Come on, let us give you money!

I'm happy that you are finally considering the idea of accepting donations! And I think I know how you feel about those video cards, my loser system needed a new one and I was baffled at the prices of those things! Good luck dude.

oh hey thats bad to hear! Hope u get this problem done soon cant wait for the next episode of freemans mind or civil protection ( actually iam a big Freemans mind fan but its long time ago u put the last Civil protection episode on). Wishu everything good for ure work!

Do you live near a computer shop? I live about 20 minutes away from one, and they are spot on with this kind of thing. Don't know if it's really that important to drive to South Carolina (hick country... Or at least near it) to get it fixed. Or you could look up some type of DIY way to fix this, as I'm sure your not the only one.

~ Le' Moe

actually, those little improvements are actually bigger than you think.

@ hotdog 17:32:

Ross has an 8800GTS, not a 8800GT. What fits on a GT does not fit on a GTS. Also, we don't know if it's a 320, 640 or 512/G92 so keep that in mind as well. Custom heatsinks for the old GTS's don't fit on the G92.

In the case Ross typod and actually meant that he has a GT, then wow - then I can really understand he gets heat problems. The stock fan on the 8800GT is extremely crappy and the card easily goes to 75 degrees © during load or even during idle... the GT is one of the worst cooled card ever.

Dude, people are offering you free money. Just take it and be grateful instead of stipulating all these conditions for receiving donations.

Oh well at least that means no more retarded pirate shit.

Yea, When people are offering donations for making great videos when the hardware fails, You should put a goddamn donate-button on the site. (You could just add it in a post) See, what we want most isn't some new flashing function on the site (don't take me wrong, those are great too) We want Videos, the hilarious videos that you make. And when you can't make them, that affects us!

So, just put a PayPal donate link/button somewhere!

so is any1 else excited about E3 this week??

Two words: Shut it.

Believe me Ross, adding a donate button and not doing anything to the site is PERFECTLY FINE. As your fanbase, we would storm your property and beat you to pulp if you dare try and give yourself too much to do. If people want to donate, that doesn't mean that they're Buying something. It means they're showing support. The website is fine- we don't care about it. We care about the actual work you do- the brilliant videos you provide to everyone whilst asking for nothing in return except the time to make them. The size of the operation you're running right now is absolutely perfect. It's big enough to reach a lot of people with your amazing work, yet small enough to maintain a collected sense of community (unlike, say, Machinima.com). Don't feel like you have to provide us with anything more than what you already do. All the small things like alternate shots and scripts aren't near as important as the actual videos, which is what we all love.

Don't overwork yourself, and as always, thanks for the brilliant work you do. The internet, and the word, needs more people that are willing to do this sort of stuff.