Can't take the heat

Sign in to follow this  

DONT get a liquid cooling system. They WILL leak and literally destroy your computer and make it unusable. Whoever recommended that earlier obviously doesnt know about this. Take alienware computers for example - they cost upwards of $1000, have a liquid cooling system, with NO warranty. Liquid cooling systems last about 1 year before they leak, max of 3 years if youre extremely lucky.

Liquid-Cooling might leak after some time, but as long as the liquid itself is non-conductive he should be out of harm. (Well, I'm not a big fan of liquid cooling when fans works just as well...)

Damn Ross, this couldn't have come at a worse time. My 14 year old daughter and I enjoy watching your videos together. I was gonna ask if you would be able to release a new CP video for her graduation day. I am sorry you are having PC issues. You might want to try installing a cooling fan in your box. They are relatively cheap ( about 20 dollars or less depending where you purchase it) and are not that difficult to install. Good luck.

Damn. A lot is going on from the sounds of it. You think that making videos is THIS MUCH of a burden. I'm sorry to hear that. You know, donating isn't such a bad idea.You might have to work a bit to get the button in the home page, but IT IS worth it. You be surprised how many supporters you have, Ross.

-Your friend: Sr.Ozy

Ross. You have to understand something about us. If we want to donate, it's not because we want extra stuff. It's because we LOVE all of your work, and we want to support you. Lets say I donated $100. You would be able to afford a new, colder card, and therefore would be able to work on Civil Protection or Freemans Mind, or whatever you wanna do. AS LONG AS YOU DO SOMETHING. You are worth donating too because you're work is simply outstanding. Its clean, its funny, It's original, its funny, it's consistent, and it's fucking hilarious!

Also, if we wanted to donate, why not just go through email instead of the website! If people wanna donate, let 'em donate! It's their money anyways, and they can spend it on whatever they want. That just so happens to be you. =D

Well, it happens to everyone sometime.

And on a different note, some of the Machinima.com download links are not working(i.e., the links for 'Oil's Well' and 'Galaxy Gulp'), so I was wondering if you could re-upload them.

Hey you must be doing extreme graphic entencive stuff for it to over heat I got my graphics card for £80 cheap on ebuyer it's a ATI Radeon HD 4800 and its better than any 5000 series below 770 so try and get onle like mine it comes with a built in fan and I never have and graphical lag on games and I can play team fortress 2 and half life 2 maximum possible quality without any over heating and I don't even though what tempreture it even goes up to hope that helped

When it rains, it pours. I learned that the hard way. Well, heres to your cooler.

Pray thee not that it causes the end.

Hey Ross, just a friendly advice.

Ppl are not "second guessing" you. That reads a lot like a condescending comment. Maybe it's my not so perfect english only that makes me think that, in that case I apologize. On the other hand if it's what I think it is, pls don't be like that, ppl are trying to help you here.

hey Ross i can understand whats happening for you my firend went thru the same problem but his Vid card BLEW THE FUCK UP ON HIM SKY HIGH AND I THIN KITS HALFWAY TO FUCKING KANSAS yeah thats right, an srsly dude i can understand if thats a problem and the custon fan is a good idea, well i hope it imprioves ur biggest fan

GranTruismo4Head

Half-Life 2 Wiz here. Just wanted to say one thing and see if Ross knew of it.

I can't seem to access the older posts. they simply wont show. is it something with Farms? Please check, because I want to see and know what you posted for some videos.

- Half-Life 2 Wiz

@Anonymous above me

I think one of the reasons Ross don't wanna put up a donate button (yet) is that you can't see previous news posts.

Ross, clean out the grill on your graphincs card. if that doesn't work, underclock it and run half life at a low res. i'm sure after you encode it there wont be much difference

soz ross didn't see your comment about already checking thermal paste, cleaning out dust and you being generally kickass about computers. However, still, i think that underclocking it could help

Is the title supposed to be a pun?

How about a bake sell? You make cakes and put them on a boat and I sail away.

Yikes, so everything's at a stand still huh? well, if we COULD donate cash, I'd just be glad to keep the videos going, you don't need to add more perks to the site and all.

I think I just fell in love with you because you humbly denied the offer of donations. Kudos.

too bad. Well i can wait............... i guess..........

Anyway good luck Ross! Say hi to Chandler, Joey and Monica for me!!