Mission Still Unaccomplished

Sign in to follow this  

Those Computer bugs actually hit us where it hurts, after harming so many of their organic brothers and scott's rant about killing all bugs on freeman's mind, they decided to invade the source engine and did everything humanly (or buggy) possible to make Scott's life a living nightmare. Don't give in scott, destroy those bugs as if you were in the movie starship troopers

Hey Half Life Fans, I found something I think you guys would find fun. It's a fan-made ARG (alternate reality game) online for Black Mesa. It's one of these websites where you go and can solve some back story by interacting with the website (like the portal 2 website that was up) if you look closely enough. Anyway, the link is:

http://www.blackmesaresearchfacility.com/

There are hidden transmissions, and different ways of getting to them. There's a lot to be found, and I haven't gotten the whole thing done yet. Before anyone asks, this isn't official, it's FAN MADE. I got my hopes up too that it might be an Ep3 release... but no.

Good way to kill some time while waiting for the tunnel. There's a lot of neat stuff to be found, and the guy who made it is really talented.

I hate these registration things.. It's bullshit anyway. The only reason we are having them is that they caught me playing rocket ball in here once..

this engine is being used in more ways then ever intended and the next "major" revision should be light years ahead of what scott is working with now (or at least I hope it would be since all other major game engines have made huge strides lately like tech5 or Unreal 4 and the havok physics engine which I think the older version is in source)

'Aliens' probably edges out 'Morning Patrol' but the rest of my list goes as such.

'Shadow of a doubt', 'On a Rail', 'Friday', 'What is Machinima', 'Oils well' and 'Halloween Safety'.

If all goes as expected 'The Tunnel' should command a 1st, 2nd or 3rd spot easily when it comes out.

I think the roaches in HL that Gordon is always going nuts trying to smash is a metaphor for the many bugs that run amok and plague the HL engine(s).

I'm interested in seeing what other metaphors, allegories or analogies you may have noticed that maybe no one else has recognized in the game / videos?