FREEMAN’S MIND: EPISODE 31

Just out of curiosity: what can one be dissatisfied with when it comes to forum?

I mean it's not like you guys are coding the forum from scratch, you probably took some phpbb3 or any similar soft and have installed it. So I can imagine only two possible states here: installed or not installed ))

Well, to be honest I don't see a problem here There are soooooo many forum engine out there: phpbb3, smf, etc, etc. The most simple solution is to install, let's say 10 different forums, show them to Ross and let him choose.

Also on a side note, I wouldn't recommend choosing the engine based on layout. Layout is a customizable thing, you can install different themes and if the engine is popular, it will have many free themes to choose from. IMHO what matters is really the functionality, extensibility and community (lots of free plugins, modules, etc).

PS. I like how clean the layout is but it's really a bit confusing, a good old phpbb-like layout is more easy to use for me

I don't really like it either in its current state. Going from the dark blog site to the white forum seriously burns my eyes, and the layout is too busy; saying 'All categories' at the top is un-necessary, and so is putting the discussions/comments counters below every forum section, why not use a table format similar to pre-4.0 vBulletin?

March 23rd, 2167

Logbook entry #303

The Tunnel is proceeding nicely, but it's been slow lately because Jimmy has been busy playing Ep:3 all week. I don't blame him though, after accursed-hydroponics.com crashed for the upteenth time. But, like my Grandpa always said, "I am Captain Ross Scott of the intergalactic house of pancakes, ordering you to work harder!". Heh, Grandpa was a fighter. well, I'm sure we'll finish Grandpa's final wish within the year.

Ross Scott III

heheh, yeah. *Touches wood*

At the rate the chart is progressing, I get the feeling we will get at least two more Freeman's Mind before The Tunnel arrives. Ross' throat is probably getting better by now.

Ross, I've watched this series over and over again, and notice one flaw. the gunshots (mainly the pistol) are way too loud. i know the loudness is realistic, but sometimes the gunshots make the dialog really hard to hear.if you could tone it down a little, it would make the series more watchable.

Vanilla? Really? I'm with Ross here, and I vote for phpBB3, 2 hands up! Zach, I know you're doing hard work but really, phpbb3 is the best one to choose, my personal opinion

I don't know Ross, If that Arby n' The Chief guy can have like a 40 Minute movie on Machinima, I don't see why you can't just upload as whole to them.

No I was really imagining Zachary slaving away on the forums for days only to have ross scott say in a monotonous tone: "I don't like it" who then proceeds format Zak's C:> drive.