FREEMAN’S MIND: EPISODE 31

I did it originally because I thought it was funnier when he was panicking in the water pipe, now it's there for consistency. Also I see some of what he says as his thoughts, some he's saying out loud.

When Otto started helping me, we were going to try and have a distinction between thoughts and out loud speech, but it ended up being too much of a hassle to make it sound correctly, especially with all the varying environments.

My mistake, I got distracted with other things. I have to make 2 different versions for Machinima and for everyone else since they don't use the correct framerate. It's up now.

Well, actually he was saying he fell asleep on the sofa after everything, not just FM. Saying he watched it is a great thing, he's just a lazy person, that's all.

I really don't think of the commentary going on in Freeman's Mind(the video) as Freeman thinking so much as him just talking and muttering to himself. So the underwater muffling makes a lot of sense to me. To me the underwater muffling is not so much him saying anything, just Freeman freaking out about his current situation.

Ross, if you're reading this, how far off base am I? How do you see the commentary as you make it? Probably a mix of both Freeman's silent inner thoughts and talking to himself out loud?

Ross, what's going to happen with the 'Residue Processing' chapter? In the first map as you may know, there's a silo in which you have to turn a crank to drain bilge water, allowing passage into the following area.

The whole process requires quick movement, and in a realistic sense, freeman can't just back away from the crank the moment he uses it.

There's also the matter of the fall down into the silo that follows, assuming freeman stayed and turned the crank all the way, then climbed up normally. A wooden platform would be all there is to land on.

BUT, assume the wood platform along with some leftover water could cushion the fall, freeman could drop down with no worries, but is still too great a risk considering the realistic aspects of this machinima.

'Residue Processing' is basically a dead end as far as this series goes. It's a little while until freeman actually reaches that chapter, but it's getting closer in each episode. How do you plan to proceed with this?

Ross made a comment about this, about halfway up from your comment.

"I did it originally because I thought it was funnier when he was panicking in the water pipe, now it’s there for consistency. Also I see some of what he says as his thoughts, some he’s saying out loud."

Ross spoke of the possibility to switch to Black Mesa exactly at this point in the game (When Gordon gets knocked out.). But whether Black Mesa will be out in time and whether Ross will decide against this idea regardless are good questions.

I am always waiting for him to finally start using the magnum, he picked it up back in Power Up if I remember right. That gun is a beast.