Nail Biting

Sign in to follow this  

Anybody else have problems with this? Also, anyone have any solutions to this habit. I chew mine so much my right index looks disformed.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Well, it comes and goes. I usually do it during stressful periods. I've found that it helps if you purposely and regularly clip them with a nail clipper.

Also, I bought a pipe (and had one gifted), with I use when I'm alone in my room. In my delusional mind, I believe I look a bit like Sherlock Holmes.

Wait, I'll take a picture of my pipes and post it.

EDIT:

Here they are.

Pipes.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

purposefully and regularly clip them with a nail clipper

Heh. I haven't clipped my nails like that in years.

EDIT: Well take that back, toenails are a different matter.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I used to bite my nails, and it made the brackets of my braces break off.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I only bite my nails when they have something to bite at (as in, it broke), not when I get nervous.

I used to have a problem with that but if I keep my hands doing stuff it's fine, that's why I do origami

I love origami! I work the late night shift at my Dorm's front desk, and am usually doing origami at 2 am.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I think for me it's kinda've a cycle. I bite at them, suddenly become aware I'm doing it, try to stop, look at the damage I've caused in disgust, then bite at specific places because for some reason I delude myself into thinking that helps. Then I don't do it as much for a couple days or weeks. Cycle starts up again.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I have this problem. For me, it's a focus method. For some reason the act of chewing/biting helps me direct my focus, which is why I chew so much gum. If I don't have gum, the nails get bit. :/

Though my nails haven't been long in 3 years so guess not EVERYTHING about it is bad. I keep them tidy with nail clippers after the fact.

Retired Forum Moderator

I bite mine...but neatly

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

I do bite my nails, but not out of nervousness. I do it to keep my hands busy and because I don't like using nail clippers at all, just doesn't feel right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a habit of others I can't understand or relate with. I don't bite my nails. I mean it's gross. I don't even like to touch my food unless it's right after washing my hands.

Just think of what else has touched whatever it is you have touched before biting your nails. There's almost guaranteed to be fecal matter. And since it's your nails, unless you clean diligently with a nail brush. It's still under your nails.

There's almost guaranteed to be fecal matter.

Then I suppose now would be a bad time to say that whenever you step outside, every breath you take is bound to have particles of SOME animals fecal matter floating in it.

Retired Forum Moderator

There's almost guaranteed to be fecal matter.

Then I suppose now would be a bad time to say that whenever you step outside, every breath you take is bound to have particles of SOME animals fecal matter floating in it.

You know how a person has nose hairs to catch such particles? yeah, I'm not worried.

I'd rather breath traces of it up my nose and just blow my nose than willingly chowing down on the gunk under my finger nails.

Besides, I wasn't talking about animal fecal matter like livestock and wildlife, but people not washing their hands after wiping their ass. Even if we forget fecal matter. A person scratches their head, and transfer it onto a desk, say you touch the desk and then bite your nails. you're basically eating traces of their dead skin. does that sound tasty to you?