Top 10 Overrated Games

Yeah, let's just move on. And sorry for using the f-word so much, but this game just really pisses me off.

I mean, Daniel KNOWS this castle is haunted and he's bringing NOTHING to defend himself with? I dunno about you, but in my opinion, that makes him a fucking dumbass. The whole game just feels stupid and annoying.

"Oh look, a door opens on its own, we're gonna freak you out with creepy visuals and sounds. Booooooh! Look how your character is scared! Don't that make you scared too?"

No, it doesn't.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Anyway, this was said before, but i would like to re-state that just because a game is famous and you dont like it doesnt mean the game is "overrated", just means its not your sort of game, this thread is looking more like some sort of confessionary where people confess the games they feel guilty because they didnt like it and blame the game for not getting their attention or amusement.
Well that might be the case for some, but if a game is dished out praise again and again and seems mediocre by itself or inferior against similar games, then it's overrated. Again, Doom is amazing from a historical perspective, but when you remove that and ignore graphics, I think it's not as fun and well done as something like Painkiller, a game which is similar enough to be worthy of comparison. Its story is almost non-existent, a lot of the music rips off well known metal (though I love the episode end music), and there's a lot of wandering with mazelike qualities to the levels even though it's designed as a fast action shooter. I'd argue the only thing it has going for it today besides nostalgia is the cyberpunk hell theme, which is pretty well done and generally hasn't seen a lot of related titles over the past couple decades.

I'd say the acid test for determining whether a game is overrated or simply isn't your taste is if it's overrated, you can point to another similar game or games that did similar elements better. If you can't think of any game that comes close and just don't like it, then it's probably your own taste.

4.) LittleBigPlanet

The novelty of "create what the fuck you want, when the fuck you want, how the fuck you want" of the game wore off really quickly.

Have you even seen some of the levels that created?

They're are FPS levels!

In a platforming game!

As well as recreating numerous arcade games...

my top ten

1: The Call of Duty Franchise

2: CoD 1

3: CoD 2

4: CoD 3

5: CoD 4

6: CoD 5

7: CoD 6

8: CoD 7

9: CoD 8

10: the zombie mod for CoD

Man you guys are no fun, I thought Black Ops was enjoyable. I should probably check with my doctor.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Just because it was enjoyable for a while, doesn't mean it wasn't one of the most overhyped games in history...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I buy and enjoy Call of Duty games on habit. They introduced me to PC gaming, I don't care if the games aren't Shining Gems of Artistic Perfection. I just like watching stuff blow up sometimes. I ignore the hype, so it gets hilarious when people tell me I just buy it due to thickheadedness and I explain why I buy them. It somehow shuts them up.

I found Skyrim to be overhyped. Probably due to my experiences. One of my saves is permanently corrupted, halfway through. I'll play for 5 minutes and then get a complete system crash. Have to restart my computer. Not fun, can't see why people say the game is perfect.

Assassin's Creed, to me, is overhyped. That's weird, because I love history. I'm probably just sick of Ezio running into a famous person ever 5 minutes. Get on with it.

I buy and enjoy Call of Duty games on habit. They introduced me to PC gaming, I don't care if the games aren't Shining Gems of Artistic Perfection. I just like watching stuff blow up sometimes. I ignore the hype, so it gets hilarious when people tell me I just buy it due to thickheadedness and I explain why I buy them. It somehow shuts them up.

I found Skyrim to be overhyped. Probably due to my experiences. One of my saves is permanently corrupted, halfway through. I'll play for 5 minutes and then get a complete system crash. Have to restart my computer. Not fun, can't see why people say the game is perfect.

Assassin's Creed, to me, is overhyped. That's weird, because I love history. I'm probably just sick of Ezio running into a famous person ever 5 minutes. Get on with it.

Cod 1, 2, 4 and 5 are all good games IMO

And yes, skyrim is extremely overhyped, I like the game, but its not THAT good.

Assassins creed is alot like the newer cods, its the same game repackaged over and over. AC 1 is one of my favorites, the second one was okay I guess, the story was probably the worst in a long time though. The newer ones are just copypasted AC 2:s.

"Life sucks sober!"

But you can find the same explosions in CoD4, there is no need to buy the same game for 60bucks every year. I don't mind anyone enjoying cod,but i do mind people buying the same game over and over.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I may not have clarified why I buy Call of Duty games despite the hype. It's because I'm basically thanking the series for introducing me to PC gaming. Might be the "same game", but I have fun with it, and it's the least I can do for the series that started my PC gaming addiction.

I think there's a difference between Call of Duty, which creates a game more optimized for a console because they can make more money there, and an actual threat to PC gaming such as Ubisoft, who wants to stop developing for the PC because piracy.

I don't play the multiplayer in Call of Duty, either. I'm weird, I have about 150 hours on the single player for MW2. I just don't like multiplayer for most games. The only one I play with any frequency is Team Fortress 2, and I haven't touched that for months.

Like I said, I'm weird. I like the story of the MW trilogy. "They're the same!" Maybe, but couldn't that be said of plenty of sequels? Aren't the Half-Life episodes merely small bits of Half-Life 2, with some new mechanics and locales? Isn't BioShock 2 just BioShock but as a big daddy? Isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 just Metal Gear Solid, but on an oil rig and as a whiny bitch? Yeah, arguments are made against each, largely relating to story.

-The Episodes continue the HL2 saga so that the Half-Life universe is more fleshed out

-BioShock 2 is just kinda freakin awesome, nothing changes that

-MGS2 completely destroyed the universe of Metal Gear

In an analogy, not all movies can be deep in story or artistic value. Sometimes you just gotta watch a popcorn film for distraction. Sometimes, I'd rather watch Indiana Jones 4 than Forrest Gump. Sometimes.

But there are already like 8 cod games. There is a difference between continuing a story and just straight up milking a franchise. And I don't feel your comparison to movies works here, because a movie only tells a story a game is interactive and after 3 games, I think it is unacceptable to have the gameplay be exctly the same.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯