Psychonauts.

I can't think of words to describe the epicness of this game. The only thing that comes to mind is, Psychonauts, has a similar treatment to Firefly (TV show), both are great, both didn't last long (even though both should of), Psychonauts is really funny, the look/character design is unique. The game came out in 2005, for PC, Xbox, and PS2, and if you want to (re)watch the trailer, here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_8uDtbffQ

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Sorry, I'm going to veto Psychonauts as being obscure enough for this section. It was a released on multiple platforms, had a Zero Punctuation review, has its own lengthy wikipedia entry, was one of Tim Schafer's more famous games, and is still for sale on Steam. I'm moving the thread to the gaming section.

Sorry, I'm going to veto Psychonauts as being obscure enough for this section. It was a released on multiple platforms, had a Zero Punctuation review, has its own lengthy wikipedia entry, was one of Tim Schafer's more famous games, and is still for sale on Steam. I'm moving the thread to the gaming section.

Yay! Ross is active! (and quite right about this game)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Loved the game when I downloaded it from Xbox Live. But now that version doesn't work anymore for some reason. I also like the cite Psychonauts as the kind of game that proves that what matters is what the graphics look like as opposed to how good they look. 6 years later and this game still looks pretty pleasing to the eye. Hell, most all of Shafer's games emphasis graphical style over graphical capability, and they all look pretty good.

Also, getting some major deja vu right now.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

You reminded me of Firefly... I've heard Nathan Fillion is saving up a load of money to reboot the series.

You reminded me of Firefly... I've heard Nathan Fillion is saving up a load of money to reboot the series.

Better be able to pull all those same actors back...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Better be able to pull all those same actors back...

Hope so, don't know about Summer Glau though, she doesn't seem like she'd go back to that show for some reason.

This was an AWESOME game, I discovered it through G4TV back when it was a game channel. On the show "CHEAT".

I tried it and enjoyed it. Makes me glad I'm not one of those gamers who has to have a high graphics game. (Hell, one of these days I'm going to get some of the old systems and games I missed from my childhood. Like Genesis, dreamcast and N64.)

I have yet to make it all the way through the level about the man who is neither Man nor Milk.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I still have yet to bother trying to get past that level.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I still have yet to bother trying to get past that level.

You're missing out on a bunch of other awesome minds.

Hrargh, frustrating mouse issues are driving me up the wall with this game. I can't move the camera around with the mouse in-game, and in addition to that, using the mouse in the menus is really slow. :\

Currently searching for solutions, although if anyone else here has any input that would also be grand. I've heard good things about this game and it's been in my Steam games list for ages every since I got it on sale after playing the demo many years ago...

EDIT: Unplugging my 360 controller and restarting the game enabled me to use the mouse for camera movement in-game, but even on maximum sensitivity it's slower than I'd like...ah well, better than nothing I guess.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."