Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions

Freeman's Mind 2 he's not even done with the original Freeman's Mind yet?

It's just predictions or suggestions for what you think will/should be in it, like how you think Freeman would react to what happens in HL2. Mostly just for laughs.

ie:

G-man: "You've done a great deal in a small time span. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services."

Freeman: "Woah, woah, woah. No. I don't give a damn if you can bend spacetime to your will, I'm not some two-cent whore for you to just pimp out to your space-buddies."

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Freeman's Mind 2 he's not even done with the original Freeman's Mind yet?

It's just predictions or suggestions for what you think will/should be in it, like how you think Freeman would react to what happens in HL2. Mostly just for laughs.

ie:

G-man: "You've done a great deal in a small time span. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services."

Freeman: "Woah, woah, woah. No. I don't give a damn if you can bend spacetime to your will, I'm not some two-cent whore for you to just pimp out to your space-buddies."

Ok thanks for explaining that.

Ok thanks for explaining that.

I have genuinely no idea if you're being sarcastic or not, but you're welcome either way :lol:

Civil Protection Officer: Pick up that can!

Gordon Freeman: I'm not picking up that can, you pick it up.

Civil Protection: Pick it up.

Gordon Freeman: What is this? 1984?

Civil Protection: Now put it in the trash can....

Gordon Freeman: Fascists! Communist Fascists! Communist Nazi Fascists! This is some fucked up country, I'm leaving..... the Soviet paratroopers did land while I was gone.....

Wallace Breen: Welcome to City 17, where you have been chosen for

Gordon Freeman: What is this? Communist heaven? This looks more like the Soviet Union than America. How long was I asleep? Did the Soviets win the Cold War?! AH! 1984!!!!

There should seriously be tons of references to 1984 though. :3

When he finds out who Alyx is, he'll figure out that she was only, like, three the last time they met, and he will proceed to have an extended period of self-disgust.

"Oh shit, am I a pedophile? Nonono... No. I mean, I wasn't attracted to her until she's like twenty something, right? So no pedo. And technically I should be forty seven now, but biologically I'm still twenty seven because my cells didn't age during suspended animation. Shit, statutory rape gets confusing when you factor in time travel. You know what, fuck it, she's hot and I'm already a fugitive."

"There's nothing Gordon can't handle, with the possible exception of you..."

"So, wait, you're OKAY with me fucking your daughter? WHY WOULD YOU BE OKAY WITH THAT?! ...Wait, why am I getting angry at this?"

He who fights drummers

Gordon Freeman: Fascists! Communist Fascists! Communist Nazi Fascists! This is some fucked up country, I'm leaving..... the Soviet paratroopers did land while I was gone.....

Gordon Freeman: What is this? Communist heaven? This looks more like the Soviet Union than America. How long was I asleep? Did the Soviets win the Cold War?! AH! 1984!!!!

if i'm not mistaken, Half-life takes place in 200X, right?

if i'm not mistaken, Half-life takes place in 200X, right?

I could be wrong, but I think He's talking about the book 1984, not implying Freeman is from 1984.

>Sees rebels tearing down Breencast monitor

"Hell yeah! Row, row, fight the power! I was hoping they would do that!"

He who fights drummers

Dr. Kleiner: Oh, Eli, I’m sorry, but surely there’s no need for undue alarm. Alyx is well out of

harm’s way by now.

Alyx: Well, actually, we’re still at the Citadel.

Dr. Kleiner: What? Oh, dear, but there’s really no time! The core is exceedingly close to

collapse. Why, there’s no way to get far enough away without first, well – nothing short of a

direct intervention in the core could possibly retard the reaction!

Gordon: "Direct Intervention!?" NO WAY! If I wanted to commit suicide, I'd be in Fiji wearing nothing besides a loin cloth while I'm slow roasted by natives praying to Quetzlcoatl... Wait, that's an Aztec god. I guess my brain is still a little scrambled from being buried under rubble.

(After finding out what happens when you touch the sand in Sandtraps)

Freeman: Sooo... the floor is lava?

(Right before the Antilon Guard)

Freeman: OH GREAT, how am I gonna get past this? Give me a bigger monster will'ya?

(Antilon Guard appears)

Freeman:...SARCASM, SARCASM, S-A-R-C-A-S-M, WHY CAN'T ALIENS UNDERSTAND THIS!? FIRST THE SWAMP PLANET, NOW THIS!?

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY

What would his reaction be to the hunter-chopper in d1_canals_13 that drops like 100 bombs on you?

"QUIT SHITTING ON ME YOU BASTARDS!!!"

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Once he actually gets to Half-Life 2 and almost none of these reactions actually happen, I think it'd be cool if Ross recorded himself saying all the lines here and then uploaded them.

He who fights drummers

Once he actually gets to Half-Life 2 and almost none of these reactions actually happen, I think it'd be cool if Ross recorded himself saying all the lines here and then uploaded them.

Not all, just his top 20.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Not all, just his top 20.

Fair enough.

He who fights drummers

Finally found this article about just this very thing. It actually seems almost like stuff Ross would write when you look at it.

If the series carries over to HL2

Gordon will deny ever meeting Barney, and claim Barney's making up stories about being 'best buddies with THE Freeman' to coast on Gordon's awesomeness

Gordon will hold a grudge about being forced to put that can in the trash by Civil Protection at the beginning of the game for the entire series. He has a doctor's degree and trash pick-up is for the peasants.

After meeting Alyx, Gordon will only battle The Combine in the hope of getting laid. And because 'shooting cops' is the most fun he's ever had. He will declare Alyx to be his girlfriend early on. When he discusses world domination, he'll plan to give her Australia.

In addition to that, he'll re-name City 17 after himself, and he'll declare an entire country or state their vacation house, such as Hawaii, and he'll go into a rant on how easy it will be considering everyone there is probably dead.

When he meets the Antlions, Gordon will make a bunch of Dune references. 'Don't step on the sand. I must walk without rhythmn, or else attract the giant killer bugs'. When he gets the Celaphod and controls the Antlions, he'll proclaim himself the Kwisatz Haderach. That or of Starship Troopers, making it a call back.

Gordon will try to kill Mossman and the friendly Vortigaunts during scripted sequences, but find his gun has mysteriously jammed.

He will call Ravenholm 'Silent Hill' and call the fast zombies Rage Monkeys.

In this case, Gordon genuinely will be dumb/crazy enough to climb inside the pods in the Citadel, letting Breen capture him. That, or he'll hang a massive lampshade on it by mentioning how non-safety compliant The Combine work areas are. But state they are still better than Black Mesa.

He'll try to buddy-buddy with Breen, and get miffed when he gets ignored.

He'll call the Striders "Tripods".

He'll make a BIG deal out of Magnusson's "microwave casserole incident" remark. In fact, he'll probably ramble about it throughout the whole final battle.

He'll take every chance he can get to ransack houses with his newfound Pick Things Up power. He may do what this troper does every time he gets to the first apartment and start throwing stuff out the window, humming Pink Floyd music.

Alyx's remark of "Man of few words, huh?" will be the result of Gordon being hypnotized be her boobs for a few minutes after they first meet.

When Alyx makes the "zombine" joke he'll spend a lengthy amount of time insulting her intelligence, and will probably keep bringing it up at every opportunity. He'll also come up with a funnier alternate joke. He won't genuinely care about Alyx's welfare until she gets hurt in episode two. Then he'll freak out and act like a big softie but deny it as soon as she turns out to be fine.

He'll be worked into a frothy rage by the camera bots and go out of his way to destroy them.

Mike and Dave from Civil Protection will cameo in one episode. Or multiple. One will probably just show Mike and Dave helping somebody(contrasting with the usual brutal behavior of the metrocops), the other will be during a fight with Gordon. Dave will want a piece of him, Mike will want to get the fuck out of there before Gordon can gun them down. Alternatively: Dave has improbable aiming skills. Gordon has an exposed head. Likely, Dave would fire a 9mm bullet to take off whats left of Gordon's ear (apparently that turret gun only took off the bottom half), whereas Gordon will freak out and put a couple of bullets in his chest. Dave will survive thanks to his body armor but will be incapacitated (like that's never happened before...) Mike will of course say something along the lines of "I told you it was a bad idea", while Gordon won't really bother to make sure he's dead.

Gordon: I don't really need to make confirmed kills. I'm not at that stage in my life yet.

Freeman will probably lampshade how Mike sounds a lot like Gordon.

After starting the Uprising and realizing that almost everyone on earth recognizes him as The Messiah, he will discuss his plans to use this to his advantage by overthrowing the combine then becoming the new ruler of earth himself.

Freeman will love Dog due to his admiration of robots. He'll consider ways on how to make an army of Dogs to take over the Combine or just want to make Dog his right-hand man when he takes over the world.

Gordon will make a big deal of the suggestion that Combine portal technology is string-based.

Gordon will spend most of "Our Benefactors" rambling on about making the Citadel his stronghold from which he'll rule the world, and thinking of himself as some kind of immortal god-king due to a combination of the Super Gravity Gun and a supercharged HEV suit.

Gordon will be constantly annoyed at how the resistance bosses and pushes him around everywhere despite the fact they view him as The Messiah.

He'll be unaware of what the Civil Protection officers are at first, and assume that him launching that missile started World War III, and that these are Russian thought police. Further supported by the fact that City 17 actually is in Eastern Europe.

Upon learning that Dr. Breen has basically become ruler of the Earth, Gordon will remark on how he "totally called it that his boss is a James Bond villain".

When Alyx hugs Gordon at the beginning of Episode One, Gordon will say "HOLY SHIT! I ACTUALLY TOUCHED A GIRL!" ◦ ...except he won't do that, because the FM version of Gordon Freeman has already been established as a heavy-partying ladies-man, who has mentally admitted to sexually harassing at least one co-worker at Black Mesa. If anything, he'll over-interpret the hug as Alyx being hot for him, and this being more of an obstacle to getting work done than a benefit.

If the series doesn't carry over to HL2

Gordon will want to accept G-Man's offer, after all he's mentioned having to find a new job. However, Gordon will spend so much time rambling to himself that the window to accept the offer will end and G-Man will teleport him into the room with the 30 alien grunts, while Gordon screams that he wanted to accept the job. But Gordon will reveal that there was one weapon G-Man forgot to confiscate: the crowbar. The series will have a Bolivian Army Ending as Gordon screams and charges at the grunts, crowbar in hand. It would possibly be even better if he just said a giant screw you to the G-Man and crowbar-charged the Grunts in the ending anyway.

Alternately, G-Man, having had the misfortune of listening in on Gordon's thoughts, opts to rescind his offer.

It will end with "Military Precision" being played all the way through, with clips from his adventures at Black Mesa. That, or it will show him being the Freeman we all "know" in the future, only completely inept at his job.

Or, Freeman will just give up on the option of going to Xen.

More additions to the first category!

He will plan to use his Antlion army to become king of the world.

He will call the first Strider he sees "Simba".

Barney will be voiced by Ian Riley and his in-game dialogue will be recorded over somehow.

He'll compliment the Combine for placing warning signs near their dangerous equipment, saying that it's more than Black Mesa ever did.

He will be pissed when Alyx refers to him as "Gordon", while all the other Resistance members call him "Dr. Freeman". He earned his degree dammit, he didn't graduate from MIT so he could be addressed as a peasant.

This Troper just wonders if Ross is seeing all these...

And additions to the second category!

Valve will ask Ross to announce Half Life 3 in the final episode.

With episode 58 detouring into Half-Life: Uplink, the series will end the same way as the demo, with Gordon cornered by a Gargantua with no possible way to kill it.

This one is jossed. He teleports back into the Lambda Core at the end.

He who fights drummers

Somewhere during Our Benefactors

Gordon: Jesus Christ, this place makes Black Mesa look like a daycare!

While in Ravenholm

Gordon: Okay, hoooold on, twenty years sense shit hit the fan and the facehuggers have evolved into multiple Rakes, something isn't right here. Either Darwin's theory on evolution was wrong or these things just evolve whenever the hell they want too. Either or I'm still fucked, gun or no, because somewhere there is a facehugger that can psychically fuck my mind, cause me to foam at the mouth, start a religion on them, and begin a theocratic government based on it where there is no free will. I don't want that shit, I REALLY don't want that shit.