D&D Campaign Thread

Sign in to follow this  

This thread shall contain the exploits of the great adventurers of the accursed farms.

We are using the standard setting for 3rd edition ruleset, the wiki for which can be found here. Non-standard editions will be allowed with the Dungeon Master's consent. Dice rolls can be calculated here and work on the honor system, so please don't lie about what you rolled and neither will I. The exacts on how this will work are still being figured out, but we'll cross each bridge as we come to it. This thread will be used more for the roleplaying, Steam will be used more for battles and anything else that requires quicker, more miniscule responses. We will be experimenting.

Current Players:

Ikthias as Ikthias, a lawful evil necromancer human with his cat familiar Keslix.

Srake as Srake, the lawful neutral undead-killing ranger human.

Psychotic Ninja as Zoey, the neutral evil crossbow-toting rogue human.

Jek Jek Roo as Jake, the true neutral healer cleric of Pelor human.

Thadeus as Thadeus, the chaotic good fighter half-elf

Dr. Felix Whooves as Felix the mad, the chaotic good pervert wizard elf.

Mr. Shiny Object as the DM, the all-powerful, omnipotent, incorporeal runner of this game.

Current Quest: TBA

-----------------------------------------------------

You are all sitting at a table in the Inn de Partir enjoying frothy mugs of beer, making conversation as you all get aquanted with each other's strengths and abilities. The bar is half full, about right for the lunchtime crowd. The other patrons are talking quietly with themselves, though a few are looking over their shoulder at the group of hardy travelers yukking it up.

((I'll give you a day to make conversation in character ifyou want, then tomorrow I'll kick off the real stuff))

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I'm sitting silently at the table, next to you, hidden behind a huge glass of ale, slowly drinking the fluid. I'm observing the other people in the inn.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

"I see a lot of ordinary people, they seems to be busy with their own troubles. Oh, see that drunk over there? *I point at the hairy human lying under the table with an empty bottle in his left hand* "I think I'm in the wrong place for looking for a help."

*I take another sip*

"Huh? It's my own problem, sir, I doubt if a traveler like you could help me. I'm looking for a fine worriors, or fighters ready to join me. And this place seems to be full of drunk peasants. No offence."

*I'm inviting you to sit at my table anyways*

*I soon approch as well, having overheard parts of the conversation*

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but overhear that you mentioned needing the help of a fighter or warrior? I happen to be one and looking for employment"

"Drunk peasants? Is that all you see?" *points to the same harry mad jec did* "there is an expeiensed wood carver and father that can take on anything to save his family if needed" *points to the bar tender* "And there I see a humble bar tender ready at a moments notis to use his hole inventory of drinks to make fiery death to any one that threatens his home" *points to my self* "And here is the best dam wizard for miles" *sees Thadeus* "well this should be interesting"

non-euclidean fuck machine

"His whole invetory of drinks..." I reply a bit irritated "can't take care of the wild creatures that destroy my homecity everyday. I must revange on them. You're a wizard? hmpf, that's fine, but... I need someone who can use swords, and know how to survive on a wild swamp land in case if we would fail, hmm..."

*I look up quickly at Thadeus, I'm a bit surprisd of him, appeared next to us so quietly*

"I see. Well, sit down then, my friend, and tell me what you can do."

*I'm taking another, deep sip*

"Ever heard of the lizardfolks? I'm sure you did. You see, I was in a team of warriors that suposed to kill their nest, but we failed. I couldn't do anything alone, so I came here. A friend of mine told me, it's a good place for searching. I was loosing my confidence however. If you can help me, I would be very pleased. I need to finish what I started." *sip* "What can you do?"

I'm not as versetile as our wizard friend here or anything like that, but my blade is sharp.

"I must think about it..."

*after w while of silence*

"BARMAN! another drink please! And what about you, mr wizard?"

Zoey runs inside the bar, stowing away what looks like a golden goblet covered in jewels, takes a quick scan around the room, and nonchalantly sits down next to a group of fellows talking about some lizard problem. Just then the bartender walks up to her and asks "What you want madam?" Zoey looks up, taking her hood down. "Your strongest." With that information the bartender went back to mix the drink just then the local guards burst in, disturbing the locals for a moment "We're looking for a thief, stole the kings goblet, anyone see her, or the goblet, bring her in." No one knowing what she looks like, they go back to their drinks, noticing this, the guards apologize and leave the bar. Zoey goes to her drink, with a smile on her face.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

*I'm a bit shocked after seeing and hearing this* "I'm sad to admit it young lady but.... have you lost your mind?" I wispered looking at her . "They will catch us all"

*I'm starting to getting nervous, even a bit scared* "We don't need any trouble!"

---

((Okay, I'm off, cya tommorow.))

I would of liked it if no one knew I was the thief, seeing as the bar was so busy that my actions went unnoticed, but, what can you do? so I guess only you two noticed me.

Zoey looks to her right to see a man checking her out, she glares at him then she hears "I'm sad to admit it young lady but.... have you lost your mind?" from the man to her left then in a whisper "They will catch us all". Zoey looks at him and says "I have no clue what you're talking about." Then she finishes off her drink, right before calling for another.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

"Allright, nevermind" I wispered to myself.

"What was I talking about? Oh the reward, yeah it..."

*I look at the yound lady that got her next drink and drank it in seconds*

"In the name of Pelor, miss, slow down. What happened?"