Your Favourite Games

Halo, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, EVE, Portal, and most every game by Bioware, Bungie, Valve, and Bethesda. Plus many more I cant think of!

To chose just one I must say Halo 2 purely because it got me through several years of my life with my sanity mostly intact.

What your not crazy too?

Halo, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, EVE, Portal, and most every game by Bioware, Bungie, Valve, and Bethesda. Plus many more I cant think of!

To chose just one I must say Halo 2 purely because it got me through several years of my life with my sanity mostly intact.

Yeah, games can be great therapy in tough times.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

ah all too true I notice that my crazy meds actually do less for me than playing games. Specifically after a traumatic brain injury I sustained (faceplanting into ice at 60 mph kinda does that, cracked helmet cracked skull etc.. bad times) my world was upside down. I could not write, read, or remember most of that year (still don't) or much before that and crippling headaches. Video games managed to motivate me to keep going and even fixed my hand-eye coordination in the process. plus in school since ive started playing games heavily my grades have been improving and my depression is all but gone. pills may have helped but Microsoft and Valve helped even more.

What your not crazy too?

ah all too true I notice that my crazy meds actually do less for me than playing games. Specifically after a traumatic brain injury I sustained (faceplanting into ice at 60 mph kinda does that, cracked helmet cracked skull etc.. bad times) my world was upside down. I could not write, read, or remember most of that year (still don't) or much before that and crippling headaches. Video games managed to motivate me to keep going and even fixed my hand-eye coordination in the process. plus in school since ive started playing games heavily my grades have been improving and my depression is all but gone. pills may have helped but Microsoft and Valve helped even more.

Yeah, that's a prime example of how games can actually improve your life quality.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Yeah, the Mass Effect games were pretty good but if I was gonna list my favourite games of ALL TIME then I feel listing games that were released after the year 2000 would be a bit unfair since I've played PC and console games since around 1991.

I feel so childish now.

Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout 2 share the same space with the best RPG I've ever played. KotOR 1 & 2 are very close behind them. Gothic 1 & 2 are the best free world RPGs I ever played.

Rome: Total War wins the strategy title, closely followed by Dawn of War and Age of Empires (first one).

Caeser III wins in the city building department.

As for First Person Shooters, hands down, Half Life series. I'm not that much to FPS, so no other game from this genre, even if I enjoyed it, can be listed here.

Freespace 2 is the king of the simulator genre in my books.

And I'd have to put American McGee's Alice here somewhere.

I really need a good story in a game for it to reach top marks. Strategies are the only exceptions from this rule.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Unreal, Thief and Metroid Prime.

The Omega Pirate is totally the worst boss ever though. in any game ever.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

It'd be easier for me to list games I hate rather than my favorites XD Right now, my favorites are Mafia 2 and Borderlands 1.

Taking one from each of my favorite genres:

Half Life, Halo: Combat Evolved, Morrowind, Medieval 2: Total war, Sim Tower, Sonic CD

Excuse me but are Halo and Half-Life in different categories?

Both FPS. But I dont think that Halo is a modern military shooter since its in the future..

I might be wrong, just guessing.

"Life sucks sober!"

And Half-Life is a modern military shooter? Is that even a genre? XD

It is actually a genre (well, more of a subgenre of FPS) its the fps games set in modern day. half life was in the modern day back then I think, so I guess it is.

But lets just say that they are all FPS and call it a day.

"Life sucks sober!"

It is actually a genre (well, more of a subgenre of FPS) its the fps games set in modern day. half life was in the modern day back then I think, so I guess it is.

I have an urge to disagree, if I had to describe Half-Life, Id say it was a sci-fi based FPS/Platformer mix with horror elements, besides, Gordon is too cool for the military 8-)

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I have an urge to disagree, if I had to describe Half-Life, Id say it was a sci-fi based FPS/Platformer mix with horror elements, besides, Gordon is too cool for the military 8-)

Yeah thats true. I stand corrected!

"Life sucks sober!"