The end of Freeman's mind

Call me a pessimist, but this issue with machine a seems to be taking a while. I'm pretty sure that a contract issue would generally be resolved within a few weeks. I like the series, but I'm about ready to stop checking for updates.

I'm forced to admit, I'm kinda running out of steam as well. I thought this would be done with.

e: This is probably substantially more tiring for Ross though, so props for not disappearing from the internet and becoming a cashier or something.

Alright, I'm a pessimistic asshole, but this thread still seems assholishly pessimistic to me.

That pretty much describes what I wanted to say with a boring, lengthy post^^.

On the one hand, the last episode released was number 44 and I recall watching EP 42 the weekend before I graduated in electronics engineering and I'm in 2nd semester CS now.

On the other hand, Ross himself said on Dec 21 that he is done with episode 45 and started with 46, while waiting for a response from Machinima, implying that there are by now probably already two finished episodes, wating for release.

Since we have no further news I would not go beyond saying that we have a long delay, caused by the "sympathic minds" working for Machinma.

Butt I don't think that they are complete buttheads. Personally, I think that they probably overreduced staff, so that now a few people are responsible for a load of things that they can't keep track of and forget about important things over and over agian. I've seen similar situations at companies were I worked over hollidays (except once when I was in the Austrian civil service where six people in three offices had the same job), butt several weeks is really quite long.

Alright, I'm a pessimistic asshole, but this thread still seems assholishly pessimistic to me.

While I'm not an expert on the former, the later is only an opinion. Short staffed or not, an updated contract doesn't take months. Based on the large amount of items that fall under Machinima's umbrella, the contract would likely be a general contract and should have been resolved quickly. The longer this takes, the more I question this situation.

But what is the hold up? is Ross waiting on machinima for information or are they at a disagreement about something or is Ross in violation of the license agreement? I don't know anything about the agreements machinima enforces on publishers but it seems that they would want to try to resolve it in a timely manner. Unless they just deem themselves too big to care about what others think. Like um, uh, what's that company's name. oh, it's on the tip of my tongue. oh yeah, Microsoft!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

But what is the hold up? is Ross waiting on machinima for information or are they at a disagreement about something or is Ross in violation of the license agreement? I don't know anything about the agreements machinima enforces on publishers but it seems that they would want to try to resolve it in a timely manner. Unless they just deem themselves too big to care about what others think. Like um, uh, what's that company's name. oh, it's on the tip of my tongue. oh yeah, Microsoft!

What's probably happening is Ross trying to get in contact with them, to which Machinima repeatedly gives him a shit sandwich with a card that says 'We'll get back to you.'

Honestly, regardless of the fact that Machinima is a company, you'd think a company centered around a concept that only geeky videogame fans would ever want to participate in - and in fact, most of the videos they've published are in the Source engine - would go the Valve route in not sucking a pair of big meaty balls.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Machine a is a large company. They most likely have general contracts that all the publishers sign. I hope to be proven wrong, but contract issues do not carry on like this in larger companies. Especially into the second full month.

I noticed that too. I guess the sooner we here from the ANTC Guy, the sooner we hear from Ross as well.

This whole thing is very suspect. If this goes on for one more month, then I say forget ever using Machinima ever again. Forever.

You're all being too pessimistic on this. just give it a few weeks

Well, the good news is that I haven't given up. Even if I did stop checking the site I get emailed updates. But I've just got to come here to see what others rate my avatar for the 12th time or what people think of my signature or what other people say my avatar is saying or do a 'this or that' or help someone with some 'usesless advice'. You know the real important stuff.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

The Accursed Farms Forums are srs bsns, if I have my Internet lingo down. Back on topic, this is but a stumbling block -- a getting-lost-in-the-Residue-Processing-facility snag, if you will -- on the way to future Freeman's Mind, Civil Protection, and other Ross Scott videos. Keep the faith, brothers. Try the south road and keep a crowbar handy. :)

It's just annoying how long and drawn-out these things can be. I don't even think Machinima has given a thought to Ross this whole time, they've just been ignoring the problem until they 'get around to it.'

So I guess you can chuckle in the fact that Machinima is the equivalent to irresponsible teenagers.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."