Machinima Expo Award

Hey everyone, I have a quick announcement, one of the videos has won an award for the Machinima Expo 6 festival (no relation to Machinima.com)! I submitted "Stranger In Need" and "Civil Protection: The Tunnel" to it this year and they both made it as finalists, with "The Tunnel" winning one of the awards! It turns out it had some prizes, which I wasn't even aware of. It looks like I'll be receiving an award similar to this:

artistic-awards-z7NgmL.jpg

It reminds me a little bit of the marker from "Dead Space":

Red_marker_icon_by_anomascetic-d3bo6io.png

The people running the festival and the other contestants were all very nice. I encourage any machinima makers to submit entries to them the next time they run the festival, which I assume will be next year. I'm hoping it will get more of a turnout next year too, since the machinima community has become very fragmented in the past couple years. It's my hope that Gorilla Gong will help remedy that so that machinima as a medium is in a better state this time next year.

I've gotten asked a lot if "The Tunnel" is going to get a sequel, since I think one of its biggest shortcomings was that I left it a little too open-ended. The answer is still I don't know. I definitely have ideas for a sequel, but the animation was so brutal for the original that it almost never happened. I'll almost certainly won't want to do another major video in the Source engine, but there's nothing to say I couldn't port the assets over to a new engine at a later date, so I'll see. If it does happen, I'm afraid it won't be anytime soon.

In the meantime, more videos are coming out soon, I'll make a new post as soon as the next one is done.

LINK TO FORUM COMMENTS

CONGRATS YOU SUPER -TALENTED MAN!!!! :D:D:D

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Am I the only one who's seeing that "award"?

It's just an example :lol: chillout!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

wDajqW561KM

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Congratulations!

That reward reminds me a little of a lava lamp, personally.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It reminds me a little bit of the marker from "Dead Space"

BROTHER MOONS ARE AWAKE

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

Am I the only one who's seeing that "award"?

sounds like you're piercing through the matrix ^^

perhaps u can also see it representing the kundalini?

So hey, I'm still pretty interested in an update about this. Did the award arrive? Have you opened it up? Does it look cool?

Does it have "2nd place" inscribed on it? Do you have it rested on a mantlepiece? So glad you won it, anyway. Good work!