General Chat

I am actually not that big of a fan of Anime, don't like the art style either. But I do like a few shows because I grew up watching them back in Germany. I think I like One Piece the most.

As for manga(which is the same as Anime only in comicbook style, right?), I don't like comic books or reading for that matter to much so I have never been a fan of that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My dislike for anime runs a bit deeper... It's the fact that most of the time, children have more power than the adults, are right and the adults are wrong, and that when it is child vs adult, the adult is almost always the bad guy.

Those are the majority of the anime that I see people fawning over. Ones that are vaguely realistic to how age affects intelligence and experience are not nearly as bad.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Today biology lesson made my day. We had a test 'bout the antropogenesis. I got A- (in my country 5-), the best mark in class (15 people) and the most crazy fact is that I even didn't need to open the book before the test. I just know things. God, I'm so proud of it.

Congrats!

My dislike for anime runs a bit deeper... It's the fact that most of the time, children have more power than the adults, are right and the adults are wrong, and that when it is child vs adult, the adult is almost always the bad guy.

Those are the majority of the anime that I see people fawning over. Ones that are vaguely realistic to how age affects intelligence and experience are not nearly as bad.

I can at least say that Hellsing wasn't like that. :)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I can at least say that Hellsing wasn't like that. :)

Good! Another I might be able to enjoy...

Hellsing is good if you like vampires and astronomical levels of cartoon blood. At least if it's anything like the manga which had story high piles of bodies in the streets towards the end. I'm serious...

Retired Forum Moderator

Hellsing is good if you like vampires and astronomical levels of cartoon blood. At least if it's anything like the manga which had story high piles of bodies in the streets towards the end. I'm serious...

Well there's two versions of the anime I believe - the OVA and a separate one. The OVA is apparently truer to the original manga than the other one, and there is also more of it. There is blood in them both, what with it being about vampires and all, but I don't remember it being too over-the-top in terms of gore as it is only an animation. :P

How late-on in the manga is that scene? As far as I can remember nothing quite like that has happened in either the OVA or the other series. That said, I've not watched all the OVA stuff yet.

well that was a usefully constructive post. Thanks for your wise and empowering thoughts and insights.

Retired Forum Moderator

Rarity, you know when you dislike somebody and pretty much everything they do or say disgusts/offends you? is it like that with you and BTG?

No he's just really fun to mess with. In fact, very little he says actually gets under my skin, it's just fun to be that kid on the playground who hovers his finger and inch from your face going "I'm not touching you!"

I probably would have said the same thing had anyone else posting a single word response like that outside of the random thread. :P

Retired Forum Moderator

more of a snicker. he brings out my inner troll even if he rarely responds. In fact, he's probably half the reason I get very rarely successfully trolled. I should be thanking him.

but you on the otherhand, you crafty motherfucker.

fry_squint2.jpg

Retired Forum Moderator

Wait, I'm the reason you're getting successfully trolled?!?

Score!