General Chat

Also if this thread stays about religion, it's gonna get moved to "Serious Topics," and NOBODY wants that. We've already got on ethere anyway.

So...

I really really REALLY want a godsdamn doughnut. The group meeting upstairs today had LOADS of doughnuts, and I had to make coffee for them. Oh, the sweet sugary smell! Fvcking diabetes!

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I've gotten hate for being a Cristian.

I've gotten hate for being White. Non-Christian, Republican, Democrat (I've switched), smart, a Trekkie, a Babylon 5 fan, a male, a friend of a gay person, a state employee, a college employee, a person who actually believes people should follow rules that they agree to, and nearsighted.

And being an arrogant, snarky bastard... but that's deserved. I don't mind hate if it's deserved.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Some people believe in things. Some people believe in other things. Some people do not believe in the things other people believe in. Some people try to force other people to believe what they believe in. Some people attack others for what they do or do not believe in.

Frankly people should be able to believe what they want provided it doesn't interfere with others aggressively. Sure they can advertise, and maybe people will be drawn to one particular belief system or another, and there's always going to be rational debate...but that's as far as things should go.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Do not. Many Christians are fine people who I love the hell out of. See: My gramma.

On the other hand, Santorum.

"Hate" needs to be taken on a case-by-case basis. I'm too lazy to hate most people. The worst I usually manage to summon up is "vague disdain."

"Make fun of," however, knows no boundaries. You gotta understand, to folks like me your ideas merit the same level of respect as those of people who fervently believe in bigfoot, "magick," astrology or that vaccines are bad for you.

But hey, if you need some payback, you can try and make up some good Deist jokes.

Q: "What's the difference between an atheist and a deist?"

A: "People will invite a deist to dinner."

Alright, I was mainly referring to yours and Edo Baba's elaborate slamming of Alyxx and I on the "Does God Exist?" thread.

EDIT: Good word, Sinister.

But yeah, let's all remain friends here, shall we? On to whatever you said about doughnuts!

Aren't Bigfoot and the Abominable Snowman the same thing...?

Sometimes.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Thousands of years ago, 4 monkeys travelled from what is now Nigeria, all the way over to Antarctica. After thousands of years of adapting to the harsh conditions, the yeti was discovered.

Also known as "Username"

X0c7P-GI0CU

Far Cry 3, drug simulator.

I find I must go back a page to post on this... It will be epic if you can just go around and take random hallucinogens at any time. I will probly even purchase the game should that be the case.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

"Verb" is a noun. Which for some reason i always find odd.

I once told that to an english teacher I had and she never got what I was saying. kinda sad when you think about it.

Retired Forum Moderator

I don't. I fully intend to keep poking fun at all Mormons for the rest of my life. If they take offense, that's their problem. (by the way, almost half of my friends are Mormon)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well this mormon chat isn't going anywhere but people getting offended, so lets change subjects.

xm4u_xR5VZA

That is a pretty sweet way to propose.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯