General American Politics Thread

15 minutes ago, Blightmare said:

Election Fraud is any attempt to, directly or indirectly, invalidate a vote. If this move is done willfully knowing that it will remove a lot of votes from the opposing candidate, then it is fraud.

But they will just make excuses that they needed to do budget cuts because they needed to transfer money to the "war"  (stupid fascist terminology) on the corona and to reduce the manpower within the stations to reduce contagion. So there's no way to prove intent.

Burn the World!

I was more going with the "rules for thee, not for me" look. 

But since you brought that up 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/06/30/black-lives-matter-protests-did-not-cause-an-uptick-in-covid-19-cases

"Anthony Fauci, a leading member of the White House’s coronavirus task-force, called the protests 'the perfect set-up' for the spread of the virus. Eric Garcetti, the mayor of Los Angeles, warned that the gatherings could become 'super-spreader events'. "

Scientists aren't  omnipotent prophets. They are subject matter experts who suffer from the same human imperfections as the rest of us. This is Earth, no one really knows what they are doing, and then they die.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

1 hour ago, Im_CIA said:

I was more going with the "rules for thee, not for me" look. 

But since you brought that up 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/06/30/black-lives-matter-protests-did-not-cause-an-uptick-in-covid-19-cases

"Anthony Fauci, a leading member of the White House’s coronavirus task-force, called the protests 'the perfect set-up' for the spread of the virus. Eric Garcetti, the mayor of Los Angeles, warned that the gatherings could become 'super-spreader events'. "

Scientists aren't  omnipotent prophets. They are subject matter experts who suffer from the same human imperfections as the rest of us. This is Earth, no one really knows what they are doing, and then they die.

what about biden's statement regarding every 1 out of 500 black ppl in the usa will contract covid by the time the vaccination will be out? (what is it compared to none blacks contracting it?)

Burn the World!

6 hours ago, Annie said:

Hoping for a speedy outcome, Don!

President Pence isn't such a bad prospect. I can see why some people are simply *electrified* with excitement.

9 hours ago, Annie said:

Wonder if he's faking it.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

4 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

President Pence isn't such a bad prospect. I can see why some people are simply *electrified* with excitement.

Oh god no. Anything bad about Trump, Pence is 10x worse.

1 hour ago, Icebox said:

Wonder if he's faking it.

That is a possibility, but I doubt it. The presidents health is being evaluated at pretty much all times, and it would be far too easy for someone to go "hey wait a minute".

Not all too worried about the idea of pence being president considering there's very likely only a few months left of the Trump administration. The Trump cult is never gonna be won over but if you don't think the debate has been hell on his public image you're either blind or not paying attention.

the name's riley

His performance is night and day depending on where you read 

On another note, it only took Trump getting corona for some leftists to start saying that the virus is fake 

oh? so it was tonight?
In my country the far left has been blaming the gov for turning the corona into a fake scare in order to prevent protests for a year now :(

Burn the World!

10 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

His performance is night and day depending on where you read 

10 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

On another note, it only took Trump getting corona for some leftists to start saying that the virus is fake 

I've seen some delusional people in my time but you Trump cultists have some special kind of brain rot.

the name's riley

2 hours ago, Annie said:

I've seen some delusional people in my time but you Trump cultists have some special kind of brain rot.

Right, because cheering for someone to die from disease while crying about healthcare reform is totally not double-think.

Just finished watching the VP debate.
Well this was a very typical political debate (unlike the previous one) where both candidates completely ignore the questions posed to them and instead just quote their pre-prepared bullet points on whatever they feel like talking about. And the moderator being completely useless as usual.

DEBATES WITHOUT A MUTE BUTTON ARE COMPLETELY USELESS!!!

Burn the World!

4 hours ago, kerdios said:

oh? so it was tonight?
In my country the far left has been blaming the gov for turning the corona into a fake scare in order to prevent protests for a year now :(

Also the right here is under the impression that corona is due to G5 and are intentionally sabotaging antennas.

So only people with some kind of non-naturopathic scientific background are actually wary of spreading the infection.

Burn the World!

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.