Anime Thread

Sign in to follow this  

Subbed is an interesting thing to adapt to. at first it's hard to pull off, since you want to actually watch it, but after a while you start learning to read it really fast while watching in your peripheral vision and then glance up between sentences to solidify what you saw in the peripheral. Sounds annoying but once you get used to it you no longer even notice it. I've watched full seasons in sub and I can recall a lot of very clear visuals from conversations.

But there are a few I don't watch in subbed simply because the voice acting in english is fantastic and does a good job portraying the original works as is. Things such as Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, And Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple.

OH and that's another one I forgot to suggest. Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple. It's a martial arts anime but can get edgy (light ecchi anime) but is also incredibly funny and has a lot of good action. Also, I won't spoil anything, but it has one of the most favorable endings I've ever seen. it didn't fizzle out, it didn't leave things unanswered, and it didn't do anything to disappoint. It delivered.

Retired Forum Moderator

well some people don't like it, that's why I always clarify it when recommending new animes.

Retired Forum Moderator

My favorite oldies are Speed Racer, Space Battleship Yamoto, and YuGiOh. Newest favorite is Darker than Black.

As for manga, Historie and Otoyomegatari are really interesting. Great artwork and historical (enough) plots.

Rosario+Vampire is my favorite Anime so far. I've been into Anime ever since I saw the first episode of Case Closed.

Rosario+Vampire is a harem anime showing the story of a teenage boy (as is custom in harems) gaining entry to a school for monsters called Yokai Academy and gaining a love interest from every one of his female friends. Throughout this anime various monsters come and attack Tsukune (the lead male) and he must use the help of his friends to defeat them. Plus in every episode he must fend off his friends who all wish to fight over him.

The anime is in its production for a third season, and it should be as good as the first two. For anyone wishing to purchase it, they do have an english dubbed (very, very great dub) edition of both seasons for english speaking people on Amazon for 30 bucks each. So feel free to check that out.

-Kaenyn

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Subbed is an interesting thing to adapt to. at first it's hard to pull off, since you want to actually watch it, but after a while you start learning to read it really fast while watching in your peripheral vision and then glance up between sentences to solidify what you saw in the peripheral. Sounds annoying but once you get used to it you no longer even notice it. I've watched full seasons in sub and I can recall a lot of very clear visuals from conversations.

One thing I recommend doing is learning some basic Japanese grammar if you like to watch a lot of anime. I'm not great with Japanese but I can definitely listen to a conversation in an anime and understand the basics. Pretty much the only time I need subs is to confirm/figure out a word (verbs, adjectives, and nouns are very extensive in any language so it's impossible to learn them all). I found that this has helped even more with understanding what is going on (subs are often wrong and can even change the entire context of a sentence in some cases).

Basic grammar is not that hard honestly. If you've studied foreign languages before it isn't too much of a shock. I wouldn't recommend learning to read Japanese though unless you are planning on moving there (it is extremely complex and a major shock).

Hi Friend.

I can only pick up basic keywords in japanese but not enough to follow a conversation. But I do not know their grammar structure so I don't think I'll be figuring out much that easily just by watching a lot of subbing.

I've started watching one called Omamori Himari. it is, yet again, an ecchi(I seem to be stumbling across a lot of these lately) but to my surprise actually has a modest shot at a story. It's got it's cliche's (let's face it, just about all of them do now) but it's still entertaining. Think of Vash the Stampede put in a harem world as the heir to a family of demon slayers. The kid couldn't take a life to save his life, so naturally, a bunch of demons are trying to kill him.

also, best ending song yet. :P

nftxDrStny8

some of the comments on that page were talking about wanting a sequel. if they made a sequel to CBB, I wouldn't watch it nor would I consider it canon. it would kill a stellar ending that allowed you to decide whatever you wanted to come after.

Retired Forum Moderator

just to keep this struggling thread page'd and since this does bear relevance, my favorite AMV

Sw8pcxE6U9k

Retired Forum Moderator

If no one has seen it yet, I recommend you all give Redline a try. Even my friends who normally hate anime loved that movie.

So I was thinking of writing up a review soon. would I put that here or in it's own thread? it could get a bit long.

Retired Forum Moderator

Ecchi is awesome though, if you don't feel embarassed watching it.

My favorite thing ever :3, I don't know anyone who hates it or even feels uncomfortable whilst watching it.

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Elfen Lied is my favorite anime, shame it's so short.

Nichijou is also horrifically adorable and hilarious.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

FLCL is arguably my favorite anime. It's just so freaking crazy.

Oh lordy, FLCL. It's funny to think the same people who could make Evangalion and TTGL could make it.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I was just talking about FLCL earlier lol. more specifically, the fake eyebrows that guy has that I love so very very much. XD

Retired Forum Moderator