That was hardly Hungarian....

In one of the blog posts, Ross mentions that Craig was speaking some Hungarian phrases he knew at the end of The Tunnel.

I'm Hungarian and I can't make out a single word he's saying. I don't know if he really was trying to, but if he was, then I can assure you, he needs a ton of practice.

Anyway, great videos Ross, keep up the good work.

*Also, shameless plug demanding that you expand Freeman's Mind to Episode 2, for no good reason*

Szia

I agree that it was no Hungarian. (You are the fourth person who post this.) Let's hope craig will say sooner or later what he intended to say on what language.

Oh cool, you just revived the ''what was Dave talking in the tunnel'' mistery. I know Spanish, French and english and I can assure you I didn't hear any of those...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm sure I heard Dave say the world Cthulhu when he was babbling, but beyond that I don't have a clue. I don't speak any foreign languages (bar trying to learn German, but it didn't sound anything like German ).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

That, he was mistaken that it was really Hungarian, or it was broken Hungarian/anonymous Eastern European nation language.

I'm waiting for someone to write a book about the episode. . . With every little trivia discussed and brainstorming that the sane human mind can just barely think up.

Hey, Ross do you have any subtitles to this episode?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Not yet. I'm going to have a BIG subtitle announcement as soon as I get things transitioned over to the new host. Right now things still aren't completely stable.

Ross

The way I'm hearing it is that most of the crazy talk wasn't Hungarian until Ross, you say "Get OFF".

If it is Hungarian, I'm going to assume that Craig is not a native speaker of the language, and he's pronouncing many of the words without any diacritic accents. Not to mention that in Hungarian, the length of a vowel is quite important. Hence the diacritics.

If you're going for subtitles, I'd suggest that Craig not reveal what he was attempting to say. It's better left to the imagination, and since not even Hungarians can understand it. The crazy aspect is essentially a success.

Not yet. I'm going to have a BIG subtitle announcement as soon as I get things transitioned over to the new host. Right now things still aren't completely stable.

Ross

That's okay

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Ross

That's okay

You double-posted

When looking to another foreign language to learn, I'll inmediately cross ''Hungarian'' out of the list... Damn :S

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Ross

That's okay

You double-posted

When looking to another foreign language to learn, I'll inmediately cross ''Hungarian'' out of the list... Damn :S

Ugyan már, nem olyan rossz az.

Come on it is not that bad.

Yes people, "Ross" (pronounced the same as "rossz") in Hungarian means bad

I have tried learning Hungarian, and I wish to continue. However, I must admit it's tough for English speakers because there are few concepts that are exactly the same, such as "lenni."

Perhaps he mispronounced a lot of words? Did you catch anything?

Hungarian? I thought Dave said bulgarian at the start not hungarian

But yeah, it cant be hungarian... I dont speak a single word of hungarian, but Im finnish, and the weird thing is since finnish and hungarian are distantly related their pronounciations sound exactly the same even though none of the words are similar, and that pronounciation didnt sound familiar at all.