How many timid you shit yourself during Dead Space?

Sign in to follow this  

Just got Dead Space, and my first reaction was "AHHHJESUSWHATTHEFUCKWASTHATGETAAYFROMMEHOLYSHIT!" so basically, I was scared shitless. Even the opening tutorial was scarier than Rick Astly. So how did you Guys fare?

Ps I am planning to finish the game, but It will take me a while, since I have to pause frequently to let off some tension.

0...... that game is not that scary. its more like BOOO sorta game. you wanna shit yourself play penumbra. and if you wanna piss and shit play Amnesia. i do not have the balls to get past one part that scars the living crap out of me.

Dead Space 1/2 are like a kid-friendly version of Doom 3...

Like Beefman said, Penumbra or Amnesia are far scarier.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Just got Dead Space, and my first reaction was "AHHHJESUSWHATTHEFUCKWASTHATGETAAYFROMMEHOLYSHIT!" so basically, I was scared shitless. Even the opening tutorial was scarier than Rick Astly. So how did you Guys fare?

Ps I am planning to finish the game, but It will take me a while, since I have to pause frequently to let off some tension.

How is Rick Astley scary to begin with? He's charming and he can sing and anyone who says differently are just jealous.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Amnesia is damned scary. Dead Space was pretty scary too, but as with all these things I fight my way through regardless. It's the only way.

To directly answer the original post's question though, the answer is none.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

How is Rick Astley scary to begin with? He's charming

Speak for yourself.

Dead Space is a similar scare game to Doom 3, only does it much better in my experience with both of them. Dead Space also builds up more tension since you are not a marine carrying 8 guns with enough ammo to slay satan five times over. Isaac is a lot more vulnerable than Doomguy and the necromorphs are much more twisted than iD's imagination of demons. Another plus for Dead Space is having some of the best sound design in video games to date, it shits all over Doom 3's washed out, weak sound effects. Don't even get me started on the Hellknight or the menu music's sound quality. Yuck.

Both games have a section where nothing happens for a while, and both games do it very well, adding lots of sound effects and startlers. Every little bit of noise in the first rooms of Delta Labs 1 turned my hair and back into spikes. I wish these sort of moments had been more common, they remind me of The Cradle in Thief 3.

Dead Space 1 scared me a few times, but that was before I was desensitized by Amnesia. Dead Space 2 didn't phase me once.

I wasn't scared at all during Dead Space, I actually get scared in Minecraft though... which is strange.

I wasn't scared at all during Dead Space, I actually get scared in Minecraft though... which is strange.

Dude, minecraft is one ridiculously scary place.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How is Rick Astley scary to begin with? He's charming

Speak for yourself.

Dead Space is a similar scare game to Doom 3, only does it much better in my experience with both of them. Dead Space also builds up more tension since you are not a marine carrying 8 guns with enough ammo to slay satan five times over. Isaac is a lot more vulnerable than Doomguy and the necromorphs are much more twisted than iD's imagination of demons. Another plus for Dead Space is having some of the best sound design in video games to date, it shits all over Doom 3's washed out, weak sound effects. Don't even get me started on the Hellknight or the menu music's sound quality. Yuck.

Both games have a section where nothing happens for a while, and both games do it very well, adding lots of sound effects and startlers. Every little bit of noise in the first rooms of Delta Labs 1 turned my hair and back into spikes. I wish these sort of moments had been more common, they remind me of The Cradle in Thief 3.

Talk about being vulnerable, in Penumbra the only thing you get in a hammer/ pickax to kill badies and in Amnesia well ah.... you get.... NOTHING! you have to work your way through hellish pieces of work and things that are just dead down fucking scary. the company that made Penumbra/Amnesia are good at scaring the hell out of you. I dont care how big of a man someone says they are when they play that damn game there going to crap them selves.

i know how you feel. those damn creepers..... "LAlala la le la minding my own buisness" ah look a diamond SSSSSsSSSsssSsSssSss. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU boom *dead*

Remember not to double-post.

There is an EDIT button at the bottom-right of your post for adding extra content you may have only just thought of.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Talk about being vulnerable, in Penumbra the only thing you get in a hammer/ pickax to kill badies and in Amnesia well ah.... you get.... NOTHING! you have to work your way through hellish pieces of work and things that are just dead down fucking scary. the company that made Penumbra/Amnesia are good at scaring the hell out of you. I dont care how big of a man someone says they are when they play that damn game there going to crap them selves.

Part of the experience involves suspending disbelief and not focusing on not being scared. When you start a scary game and act all manly and actively keep it that way throughout the game you are missing the point, of course you are not going to get scared with that attitude, you will experience some startles at best. People should try to "enter" the world they are playing in.

I wanted to ask here, for all you Dead Space players: which one is the best weapon?

I'm currently in chapter 4, and I still think the standard plasma cutter is the best choice (tried the flamethrower, line gun and pulse rifle). I've got damage an capacity maxed out and it works just fine against everything the game has thrown my way this far.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Line gun and pulse rifle are more deadly fully upgraded than the plasma cutter, though mastering the line gun may need some practice. You could slash several necros to death with a single shot.

Flamethrower is shit though, don't even bother with it.

The game really just isn't that scary, and the PC version has a hoist of problems.

In the PC version the female partner's (who I call "Bitchface") hair flew everywhere everytime she was on screen, that was pretty scary I guess.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I wanted to ask here, for all you Dead Space players: which one is the best weapon?

I'm currently in chapter 4, and I still think the standard plasma cutter is the best choice (tried the flamethrower, line gun and pulse rifle). I've got damage an capacity maxed out and it works just fine against everything the game has thrown my way this far.

Line gun was my primary weapon all the way through, fully upgraded it can take down a dozen necros in one shot.

Secondary weapon (when you get it) was the force gun. Basically a nice shotgun-like weapon.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

In Dead Space 1, I always kept the flamethrower on hand for those swarms of crawling bugs that can drain your health and paralyze you. In Dead Space 2, I use the electrified javelin to take out those swarms.

I'd say in Dead Space 1, favorite weapon is the plasma cutter, in Dead Space 2 it's the Javelin gun. Dead space 1's weapons weren't as interesting, in my opinion.