The Hazard Course!

Sign in to follow this  

Ross Scoot should totally do the hazard course once with Freeman's thoughts, what do you think. :)

Could that be the mystery episode btw? :o

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

The paradimensional look-alike of Ross Scott of course :lol:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

who the F*** is ross scoot :P

Hey, I don't think Smart Guy is a native english speaker, hence the fact he lives in Ukraine.

Ross Scooter.

I actually thought the Mystery Episode would be something Civil Protection related.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I'd love to see that.

"Press the use key."

"Wait, what the heck?"

Ahahah, I can imagine he will first be confused but then he will think all those quotes are dirty flirts with him... (If you know what I mean)

The paradimensional look-alike of Ross Scott of course :lol:

No, you're thinking of Scott Ross there. Ross Scoot is actually his evil double, how evil is he you may ask? So evil he made Freeman's Fear and then got a job at Machinima.com as the guy who uploads Ross Scott's videos.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

In Barney's Mind, Barney fell unconscious and had a flashback to the Hazard Course. The original Half Life Hazard Course was pretty ridiculous though. I mean when are the scientists ever going to need weapons training? And yes I know, during the Respnance Cascade but how would they know?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

In Barney's Mind, Barney fell unconscious and had a flashback to the Hazard Course. The original Half Life Hazard Course was pretty ridiculous though. I mean when are the scientists ever going to need weapons training? And yes I know, during the Respnance Cascade but how would they know?

The hazard course would soooo perfectly fit the description of Black Mesa by FM's standards though! :lol:

The hazard course would soooo perfectly fit the description of Black Mesa by FM's standards though! :lol:

I know right? I was scratching my head the whole time just wondering what in the hell was happening.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yeah, I remember in the Black Mesa: Source forums (years ago) when they were trying to make up some good explanation for getting Freeman to use a weapon, talking to guards, or falling off a high ledge.

I mean when are the scientists ever going to need weapons training? And yes I know, during the Respnance Cascade but how would they know?
I can think of some likely scenarios involving experimental weapons testing, getting familiar with the code of security (for talking to the guards), and testing the suit on high impact (for the ledge), but the forum thread suggested an earthquake to have broken the ladder, forcing Freeman only one way down.

Really, it's quite hard to disguise the purpose of the course. There's a lot of room for mocking.

In Barney's Mind, Barney fell unconscious and had a flashback to the Hazard Course.

Interesting, I'll go see that.

but the forum thread suggested an earthquake to have broken the ladder, forcing Freeman only one way down.

Well, in black mesa you don't need an earthquake, as we know

from the level design, the whole facility is more of a hazard course

in itself.

Ladders that are only reachable through the broken elevator.

Pits full of green 'I-don't-even-want-to-know-what-that-is'-Stuff.

Plastic catwalks all over the place.

Or thousands of big red buttons which help you get on with your

destined path but also could easily kill you one way or another if

you're not fast enough.

And don't forget the mounted turretguns, those were useful too.

I guess Black Mesa and Aperture Science learnt it both from the

same book huh.

I like to think that they share catwalk contractors at the very least.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Kharkov is cool.... it has a nice semi circular city center :P and you're right, that was random, very random.

Welcome to the forums though.

For any interested person:

Kharkov's centre:

Kharkiv_from_sky.jpg

I just hope the hazard course will be the mystery episode or some bonus episode later.

it'll probably be something really random, could be from half life 2 or maybe some mario game as a joke lol

Totally off-the-wall-thought: Freeman makes his entrance into the Epic Halo Series!

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Stupid joke: What do you call the training course in Opposing Force? OF course.

Stupid joke: What do you call the training course in Opposing Force? OF course.

I lol'd.