Does the idle animation for the MP5 annoy anyone else?

Sign in to follow this  

It's always annoyed me. What is he doing? Grasping the clip again and again? I could understand it playing when you idle for awhile, but it seems to go off constantly whenever Freeman isn't shooting. Sorry if this is kinda off the wall, but I'm rewatching episode 21 and its bugging me really bad.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Yeah I agree, it's a stupid animation, but what can you do.

Sometimes it fits freemans character/speech at the time though. :)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

"Hmm yes... This metal piece is definitely metal... intradesting... 0.o"

Yeah, it always looked to me like he (Gordon) was kind of resting his arms for a second.

Maybe checking the gear on his belt and suit, making sure everything's still there.

When Ross talks over it, it seems like he's halted for a second in confusion, lowering the gun a bit while contemplating something.

No, it looks good. I want to see him holding the Snark. It has some funny/intresting animations.

I like the idea when Freeman get one of these Trip Mines in ep 31.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

And we never actually got to see him use any of the cool weapons. Now he has nothing after being captured.

And we never actually got to see him use any of the cool weapons. Now he has nothing after being captured.

I really want to see him use the Gluon Gun. "What is this? Do we have our own Ghostbusters here?"

I just realized that Ross never used the revolver. The potential for an "Old West" accent episode was standing on the table with its pants down, for God's sake.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Never bothered me. I guess I'm so used to it from playing Half-Life since 1998 that it just became something normal for me.

I just realized that Ross never used the revolver. The potential for an "Old West" accent episode was standing on the table with its pants down, for God's sake.

Well, there's still a chance he'll pick it up later on. After all, he loses all his weapons after Episode 34.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Also whenever he "holsters/hides" the mp5 and crowbar I think, they both disappear and don't have an animation. It bothers me most. I've played hl1 since opposing force was releases amd when it came with tfc

I still have the disc copy.

Well, we are seeing this from Freeman's perspective in that he knows less about the game than us and doesn't see situations like that coming. He's probably going to be pretty pissed by the time he wakes up. If you think about it, he has been pretty invincible up until now. Getting beaten up for once will probably not leave him unphased.

That's good though, because by then he must realize how he can't save all those goodies for a rainy day. With any luck he'll be more inclined to play around with what he finds. :ugeek: