Last Game You Played

Pretty sure I didn't.

:cry: No one gets my ZP references.

OT: Quake I

The further I go the more insane it gets, just the way I like. I'm currently on E2M7 and it is intense.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Fallout 2:

I'm enjoying Fallout 2 and I can't figure out why which is weird. Like I can't give you a reason why I'm playing Fallout 2 except that I'm playing Fallout 2. Usually I can describe what makes a game fun pretty well but I couldn't give you a reason why Fallout 2 outside of saying it's just fun.

Witcher 3. Got that game just over a week ago and i suddenly realise im having 69 hours in it and from looks of it, im not even halfway trough main game, let alone expansions.

Got to say, it started off slow, but game really lives up to its hype

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Fallout 2:

People keep saying that Fallout 3 and 4 don't feel like 1 and 2. What on earth are these people talking about? Even though I'm having a lot of fun with Fallout 2 it's setting is generic as fuck. I mean you're in a post apocalyptic desert with 50s iconography. How is that interesting? I just don't understand these people that find it so intriguing when from my perspective it really isn't.

Fallout 2:

I'm enjoying Fallout 2 and I can't figure out why which is weird. Like I can't give you a reason why I'm playing Fallout 2 except that I'm playing Fallout 2. Usually I can describe what makes a game fun pretty well but I couldn't give you a reason why Fallout 2 outside of saying it's just fun.

It's pretty close to perfectly balanced, (apart from some of the combat) which results in that a LOT.

Fallout 2:

People keep saying that Fallout 3 and 4 don't feel like 1 and 2. What on earth are these people talking about? Even though I'm having a lot of fun with Fallout 2 it's setting is generic as fuck. I mean you're in a post apocalyptic desert with 50s iconography. How is that interesting? I just don't understand these people that find it so intriguing when from my perspective it really isn't.

Here's the main reasons why most people think there's such a difference:

1. The later games are 1st person shooters instead of turn based strategy.

2. They can't directly control their companions in the later games.

3. They wanted another isometric TBS, and they refuse to accept that it isn't that anymore.

4. The later games aren't viewed through the lens of nostalgia, for obvious reasons.

5. The setting is the same, the gameplay mechanics are what they're referring to when they talk about the 'feel' of the game.

I personally fully agree with you, there is no significant difference in the feel of the environments, despite the different gameplay style.

OT: Just Cause 3 @ about 10-15 FPS. (it has incredibly high RAM requirements, and it is a requirement not a suggestion, and I only have 8GB instead of 16GB)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

16GB is overkill, and tells me the game's poorly optimized for PC.

OT: Theaterythm Curtain Call

TBH I got a bit emotional just from listening to the music.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

................*sigh* ...Minecraft.

I started playing again when one of my friends invited me to it. I stopped playing due to performance issues, but apparently the devs fixed them in the new version.

Alright, I'm ready for pitchforks, torches and other harmful things

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

I personally fully agree with you, there is no significant difference in the feel of the environments

It's not just that the environments aren't different it's that they're so dull and uninteresting. Fallout 1 & 2's environments are soulless, artless, uninspired, generic husks which quite frankly are an embarrassment to some IRL deserts that have some pretty unique characteristics. In general Fallout 1 & 2's art direction is pretty damn terrible.\

OT: Grim Dawn

I personally fully agree with you, there is no significant difference in the feel of the environments

It's not just that the environments aren't different it's that they're so dull and uninteresting. Fallout 1 & 2's environments are soulless, artless, uninspired, generic husks which quite frankly are an embarrassment to some IRL deserts that have some pretty unique characteristics. In general Fallout 1 & 2's art direction is pretty damn terrible.

I actually find Fallout 4's environment more exciting, just ond of the reasons it's my favorite of them.

Fallout 2:

I would say the later games only don't feel like FO1 and FO2 because of the different gameplay. The setting is pretty much the same though. Heck, the first time I played FO3 I felt like I was playing Fallout 1 in first person and it was a pretty amazing feeling. While I generally do prefer the older games for very personal reasons, I do love the later games in the series.

Regarding the setting, you have to take into account that when Fallout 1 and 2 came out, RPG's were generally seen as DND influenced "orcs, dragons and wizards" fare. To have a RPG with a setting like Fallout's was very fresh and intriguing when it came out. Nowadays it's nothing special, probably because Fallout popularized this sort of setting. But back when I played the originals, they were like nothing else I had played at the time, which is probably why we fell in love with the games.

OT: Deus Ex HR

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Chrono Trigger DS. Robo is broken in the DS version.

First, give him Dragon's Tear (unique to DS) that increases the chance of critical hit.

Next, equip him with Apocalypse Arm (again, unique to DS). It's the weakest weapon in the game. So, why equip it? Every single successful critical hit deals nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine damage. (Yes you read that right.)

To put things into perspective, the super optional boss in the DS version, Dream Devourer, has thirty two thousand HP.

OSRS

Was mining iron until some asshole came and crashed my spot

the name's riley

16GB is overkill, and tells me the game's poorly optimized for PC.

You have to bear in mind that I'm using a laptop, so it has shared memory between the system and GPU... The equivalent of 6GB system RAM, and 2GB GPU RAM. (the first is about 1GB less than needed, the second just barely enough) 16GB for a system isn't overkill, nor is is even close to overkill for a game that literally has a 50km x 50km open world map with no travel load screens, and full rendering at ~0.75km distance. (and fairly high res minimum texture settings)

It's not poorly optimized, I'm just running it way below specs, and surprisingly getting 10-15FPS out of it. (going by their official minimum settings, I shouldn't be getting more than 4FPS) I'd personally say it's incredibly well optimized, but they didn't think to include an option to disable the grass/shrubs.

Pokemon X do note, I know next to nothing about Pokemon

Someone rate my team:

Badge count: 6

Delphox

Moves

Fire spin

Psybeam

Mystical fire

Flame charge

Stats

Attack 91

Defense 70

Sp. Atk 125

Sp. Def 105

Speed 128

Lucario

Aura sphere

Toxic

Me first

Bone rush

Attack 125

Defense 70

Sp. Atk 126

Sp. Def 79

Speed 122

Can go mega

Tyrantrum

Crunch

Bitd

Dragon claw

Strength

Atk 112

Def 119

Sp atk 73

Sp def 62

Speed 93

Has rocky helmet and strong jaw

Blaziken

Blaze kick

Slash

Cut

Fire pledge

Atk 177

Def 78

Sp atk 147

Sp def 100

Speed 114

Can go mega and has speed boost

Charizard

Flame burst

Flamethrower

Wing attack

Fly

Atk 108

Def 90

Sp atk 121

Sp def 83

Speed 110

Can go mega, and like Delphox, has Blaze

Raichu

Return

Thunderbolt

Electro ball

Quick attack

Atk 117

Def 66

Sp atk 101

Sp def 91

Speed 131

Has static and amulet coin

Wait, did someone delete my post about Mass Effect 2 and how I now hate scions? And it's response to that?

I'm not crazy, I clearly remember writing it, and seeing the response ._.

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Wait, did someone delete my post about Mass Effect 2 and how I now hate scions? And it's response to that?

I'm not crazy, I clearly remember writing it, and seeing the response ._.

Nope, that was in "Things you got recently".

OT: Remember Me

Pokemon X do note, I know next to nothing about Pokemon

half your team shouldn't be just 1 type, so I'd get rid of 2 of your fire types

fairy types are really good, sylveon carried me through the elite 4 so I'd pick up one of those definitely

i'd replace tyrantrum too, especially if you choose to keep charizard, but that's just me

i'd also carry a water type pokemon

the name's riley

Nope, that was in "Things you got recently".

...I'm an idiot. I actually thought that was "Last Game You Played" XD

One moment, I got a post to edit

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Just Cause 3.

Impressive visuals, and it's just as impressive that it can run on my system with SSAO and Global Illumination, and average over 12 FPS. (after a few tweaks, and dropping resolution to 720p)