174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

If anyone here hasn't heard the original fan songs for MLP:FiM is magic by youtube artist OdysseyEurobeat, check them out. I'm a fan of the Discord song, personally.

jDMGv3hNMes

I could be wrong about this, but do you guys think bringing back Luna is simply fan service? Or did they actually want to flesh out her character?

I am not looking back on these pages come November when I'll actually know what the crap you guys are actually talking about.

I'll bring you up to speed. We're talking about ponies.

Does it matter? As long AS they are fleshing out her character I don't care what their motives are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could be wrong about this, but do you guys think bringing back Luna is simply fan service? Or did they actually want to flesh out her character?

I am not looking back on these pages come November when I'll actually know what the crap you guys are actually talking about.

I'll bring you up to speed. We're talking about ponies.

I think it's a bit more than fan service. I can't exactly say why they're doing it (no one aside from the writers and other such staff really can), but from a fan perspective I'd almost all it a necessity. They can't simply drop the character after using her to help kick start the series, especially with some of the unresolved questions left over (such as, what role does she play in the kingdom, do people accept her after her time as Nightmare Moon, how has she transitioned back into life, et cetera...). Granted, being a show written for children, the writers could've easily ignored the loose ends, but maybe they're well aware of the actual audience of the show (I think Lauren Frost is and has mentioned it in interviews...).

That's just my 2 cents.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

1. Laura Frost? :)

2. I think it's partly a fan service, but even kids would realize that Luna, who was supposed to be coruler of Equestria, is never brought up again and as a little kid, I always HATED loose ends. I wanted to know everything that happened in a story until the person died. So it's a service to both audiences of the show, in my opinion.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Wait, someone save me I'm starting to thinking like... like a brony. I'm not. I'm must resist! Gaahhhhhrrrhghrrr...

Something wrong is with me.

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I don't know if anyone else on this thread has noticed, but at 4:43, look at the hourglass in Twilight's room! It freaked me out when I was watching it earlier :shock:

q6sUJR1GiGI

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Lol yeah I noticed that. XD

And I finally managed to come up with something for the EQD banner competition.

Dead Equestria

nothing quite as brilliant as the Soul Equestria one but it's better than the lame idea's I had a few nights ago when I was suffering from severe artist block. (not saying any of those ideas. it's best they die in the depths of my mind, where they were born.)

Retired Forum Moderator

Very nice. I'm pumped about putting in my new avi tomorrow :D

I have learned how to make people who love My Little Pony wince without referring to fan fictions, but still with only one word.

Gelding.

It shall come to no surprise to me if this post results in my first negative rep. It still is something I've wanted to say for a while in order to strain out the last of the tobasco sauce that was my cynicism towards the show at first, as well as my negative feelings towards bronies at large. That said, none of that contrived anger thereof remains.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Fan Fictions can't make me wince. Just cause I like Ponies doesn't mean I like horses Blue.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Wait, someone save me I'm starting to thinking like... like a brony. I'm not. I'm must resist! Gaahhhhhrrrhghrrr...

Something wrong is with me.

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

No, you're just finally embracing the true power of the DARK SIDE OF THE PONY! :twisted:

I have learned how to make people who love My Little Pony wince without referring to fan fictions, but still with only one word.

Gelding.

It shall come to no surprise to me if this post results in my first negative rep. It still is something I've wanted to say for a while in order to strain out the last of the tobasco sauce that was my cynicism towards the show at first, as well as my negative feelings towards bronies at large. That said, none of that contrived anger thereof remains.

I didn't wince, but I feel negative emotions in my stomach now...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Correct.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.