The First Annual Presidential Election! Nominations

Note: the Sons of Norton do NOT condone the torture of animals. Just people. That's an official position statement.

:(:cry::cry::cry:

Ok, I'll just torture those that post them then...

See, animals don't know right from wrong, so it's impossible for them to "know better than to have done that."

Pure conjecture!!! But, I abide by the party's policies.

As for those peope who like to pretend they're animals... that has to be judged on a case-by-case basis, ever since the Cargirl General Amnesty of 2006.

So what about ABG?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

...There's a difference between being a furry and a pony fan dude

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Mhmm. I know I'm new here, but can I nominate myself?

That's actually one of the first rules (which can be read on the 2nd page of this thread). No you can't.

By having users suggest other users, it points out a certain amount of external competency, as opposed to a single user thinking themselves cool and competent enough. Otherwise every user and their dog would have their own party, and the final election would be decided by like, three votes for one party out of fifty as opposed to one user winning by twenty out of five parties. Or somesuch.

If the next election is head over heels more popular than this one, there will probably be amendments to change the qualifications of a nomination as opposed to simply being one user suggesting another.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Oh, ok. Sorry, i was to lazy to read from the start :P

No harm done.

Vote for Blue.

Vote for Blue.

Any particular reason(s) why I should vote you over Doom Shepherd? Both of you seem equal to me.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Vote for Blue.

Any particular reason(s) why I should vote you over Doom Shepherd? Both of you seem equal to me.

Doom Shepherd has me...

Our Motto: "Nex Bardibus." (from the Latin, "Death to the Stupid People.")

"Deserves [Death]! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

-Gandalf the Gray

You presume that you are far wiser than any user, possibly even the Moderators. What an audacious and temeritous statement! Stupid people have the right to be corrected, or at least laughed at. But killing them would not solve much; in fact it would probably cause a large logistical problem, dealing with all the newly dead. Such a large logistical problem that it would probably outweigh the benefits of killing those that are stupid in the first place.

Mission statement:

Whereas, we propose to give our Presidency all the attention, gravity, and seriousness that it merits, upon our election:

1. We intend to declare the immediate prohoibition of all Pony pictures larger than 200x200 pixels.

Bold Blue on the other hand, strongly promotes inter-interest tolerance, so that people who very strongly like ponies and people who very strongly do not like ponies can be much less flame-war inclined due to mutual respect of interests. This also precludes prejudices of either group.

2. We propose to form a Committee dedicated to the promotion of the creation of global holidays on the birthdays of Gordon Freeman (as soon as one can be determined) and Ross Scott.

That sounds like an exorbitant usage of time for something that this forum already exists for.

6. There IS NO 6.

Why? What do you have against 6? Did sixes kill your family or something? Why circumvent that number in your mission statement? Unless you plan on instigating a new system of mathematics which operate off of base 10 excluding one number, which would be horrendously inefficient.

Efficient and complete numbers and lists for all! Vote Bold Blue.

8. I am a ninja!

TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS EXTREMELY NERDY GAME!!

bluec.png

I know what you've heard; the rumors that I'm "evil," that I'm corrupt and bribable, and that my party intends to enslave you and your children, and put you to work creating legions of War Mecha with which I will eventually conquer the world.

These rumors are LIES. Children make lousy slaves.

H.G. Wells once said "It is one of the duties of those with power to be the first to state the obvious."

It is obvious that this statement means his party is corrupt, bribable, and plans on enslaving you and potentially your children, since if he is corrupt, how trustworthy is his analysis on children being slaves?

Futhermore, bribable isn't even a word!

You've read our party's positions, you've been creeped out by my avatar and threatened by our mascot, and you've now been reading this speech long enough for the encoded subliminal message within to work its subtle way into your subconscious.

Lies! Its dumbfoundedness only gave me a few brain aneurysms! Your party is a shambling wreck of foolish plans and ill-conceived notions pandering to the worst excesses of human degeneration! Your party is terrible!

The only solution is to vote for anyone but you!

As General Secretariat, I will comment on the following components of your mission statement:

4. We propose to require that all statements made regarding individual opinions on politics, religion, philosophy or sexuality be followed by the declaration "It's likely I have no idea what I'm talking about :lol: ."

This statement has rather strong and negative consequences if interpreted seriously, which obviously is not your intention, but could occur, should your campaign go forward unamended. Please have that in mind.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

But The Sons of Norton have me.

Doom, do you wish to take on his preposterous statements, or shall I?

So far, I'm compelled to vote for Blue and his rather... entertaining image.

bluec.png

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

So far, I'm compelled to vote for Blue and his rather... entertaining image.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1707/bluec.png

And you call yourself anti-brony...

Ponies had better not enter this thread...

Look up. Back down.

THE POSTER IS NOW A SIGNATURE

bluesig.png

Anything is possible when you vote for the man of Boldness.

I'm makin' music

arvopart.jpg

Or if you prefer, you can make the signature I'm using right now your own, with this:

[img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6059/bluesigw.png[/img]

Blue is a sympathizer...

Blue is a sympathizer...

You are talking nonsense. I thought I firmly established myself as ambivalent on the topic of Ponies several times.

If it is your prerogative to not get that effect through your thick skull then that's your problem. Being your problem, it comes to bear on no one else, pro or anti pony.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Blue is a sympathizer...

You are talking nonsense. I thought I firmly established myself as ambivalent on the topic of Ponies several times.

If it is your prerogative to not get that effect through your thick skull then that's your problem. Being your problem it comes to bear on no one else, pro or anti pony.

Neutral = sympathizer.

Blue is a sympathizer...

If it is your prerogative to not get that effect through your thick skull then that's your problem. Being your problem it comes to bear on no one else, pro or anti pony.

Neutral = sympathizer.

If that is how you define neutral, then that is also still your prerogative.

SEE! HE ADMITS IT!

FINALLY!

SEE! HE ADMITS IT!

FINALLY!

Keep tellin' yourself that, buddy.

Arvo_Part.jpg

It's also fascinating how much of Doom Shepard's fight is fought through Bullseye, his unofficial subordinate, as opposed to it being Party Leader on Party Leader.