The First Annual Presidential Election! Nominations

Greetings Ladies, Gentlemen, Characters of all ages! (And Alyxx) On this day, Monday the 13th of June, I declare myself the General Secretariat of the Election and open a thread for the Nomination of Candidates for the Electoral Race for the Title of President of the Forums of Accursed Farms :D [i]"What is a President"[/i], you ask? The President is basically a King of Town kind of position over all the forum. They get to hold the title for one year or whenever the next election begins. [i]"Who can be President?"[/i] As stipulated by a bunch of rules I made up, in order to be eligible for nomination, you have to be a user of this forum, and can not be a Moderator or Admin, that's about all the limitations there are. [i]"How can I get to be President?"[/i] Simply enough, a user has to nominate you, and you have to accept. You can't nominate yourself (directly or indirectly), and you're only allowed to nominate one person. If user A nominates user B and user B accepts, that person can then make an Electoral Party with themselves as the Leader of that party. However, if user C nominates user D and user D declines, then user D doesn't have to go in the running for office, and user C can still nominate someone else. [i]"Cool, I've been nominated! Now what?"[/i] Now that you're a Nominee, you can now create an Electoral Party with yourself as the Leader. The Party must have a Name, Mission Statement and Motto. Apart from those things it can be about and with whatever you want. A Party Leader is allowed to have up to five subordinates and a Vice-President, which can do and be titled with whatever the Party Leader chooses. If a Nominated Party Leader drops out, the Vice President can replace him in the Party, but Subordinates cannot. Once you have your party, get known! What is your party going to do about all the social and societal issues that the Accursed Farms, the Intertubes and the World face right now? Why should other users care? How awesome are you? Make yourself famous the assistance of your Subordinates and Vice, so that people will vote for you when the final Vote comes around. So now that your brain is swimming with excitement and justified egotism, get nominating! [u]The Nomination stage ends on Monday the 27th of June, two weeks from this posting date.[/u] [u][b]There are Currently[/b] 4 [b]Parties in the Running:[/b][/u] [list]The Accursed Nation Party - J.C. The Bold Blue Party - Blue Sons of Norton party - Doom Shepard The Manly Lovers of Productions of Female Intended Media Party - alphabetagamma[/list:u]

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

J.C. = Johnny Cash

WHAT

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

No, no, no, you guys have it all wrong J.C. =Jedi Council.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

It would be cool if it was Jonathan Coulton :D ... but sadly no, it's just what most people call me by, since my name is Juan Carlos (John Charles in english) :cry: .

Very well. Back on topic. I shall accept the burden placed upon my shoulders and run for public office, with no idea whatsoever of what it means or how will it end (like most politicians), as representative for the Accursed Nation Party.

Introductory speech

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their posts, if no subtitles are neglected, and if the best donations are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Accursed Forum, to ride out the storm of CoD videos, and to outlive the menace of Machinima.com, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the Accursed Farms community - every man of it. That is the will of Ross and the fans.

The Accursed Farms Site and Accursed Farms Forums, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native hosting, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Youtube and many old and famous sites have fallen or may fall into the grip of Machinima.com and all the odious apparatus of CoD rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall watch Ross’ videos in out PCs,

we shall watch them on the seas and oceans,

we shall watch them with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our forum, whatever the cost may be,

we shall watch them on the beaches,

we shall watch them on the landing grounds,

we shall watch them in the fields and in the streets,

we shall watch them in the hills;

we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this forum or a large part of it were subjugated to Machinima.com, then our sites beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Accursed Farms fans, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the Internet, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of Youtube.

Mission statement

Ehm... I'm not really sure.... World Peace? Oh... and also, try to help this great community, work on some subtitles, don't buy that additional popcorn at the movies, donate 10 bucks instead.

Motto

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

th_nuke-it-from-orbit.jpg

I think that's it. The game is afoot.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I support J.C... do you?

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

J.C., is that a parody of Winston Churchill's famous speech perchance?

...Anyway. I vote for J.C.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Well since two users nominated the same person, theoretically one of them could nominate another, because a user does not need two nominations.

Clever use of Winston Churchill there, J.C.. ;)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I 2nd the nomination of blue. :)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I am considering declining, as being the General Secretariat and a nominee would be a conflict of interest-

Oh to swiddley with it, Secretariat is both a feminine and ceremonial position.

I'll have to do some doing in order to come up with a party. Officially, yes, I accept the nomination.