What is your accent?

Sign in to follow this  

Delaware, bitches! We don't have accents. The only thing that's really different is that we pronounce "water" correctly. It's not wooter, folks.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Sometimes I have trouble with pronouncing "water" and it almost but not quite comes out as "warter."

Also.. today one of my friends said I sound English.. I get the feeling they're just not good with accents, but... wat.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I have a little bit of a Northwestern Ohio dialect. It's a very strange region that still needs studying since most people don't know why people from that specific area speak like they do. It's mainly the normal US dialect, pronouncing most words normally but with weird tinges to it.

For example, I say 'melk' instead of 'milk' and 'owal' instead of 'oil'. It's vaguely southern, but since I'm pretty far from the south, it makes little sense. Neither my mother or father have this dialect at all, I don't know where I got it.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

Lux: At least you don't say "mee-ilk" like my dad does. :mrgreen:

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

MLP - I usually say it as MyLittlePony - May Leetehl Pounee (or something like that)

Em-El-Pee

Twilight Sparkle - Twaylay sparkl

Rainbow Dash - Raynbow dash

Brony - Brou-nee

I call other characters of MLP like in cartoon but I have problem with Rarity. "R" is quite impossible for me to say in english.

I cannot say "No Worries", "wrong" or it's very difficult for me.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I myself have a slight amount of trouble with saying "about it." It usually comes out as "uh-baht it."

Yeah, sort of like that.... it's strange, but I think it's a form of the "relaxed pronunciation" phenomenon.

Most of those kinds of games do. It's been proven that the kids you play with up until 3rd grade determine the vast majority of your speech patterns, accents, and inflections... My observations are that any proximity to a particular accent will cause that accent to be exposed even more in others.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Some people think I'm American. Others think I'm Canadian.

I'm an Anglo-Scot. A mix of Scottish and English mannerisms. I sound English in Scotland, and Scottish in England.

I guess my 'r's have a twang more commonly associated with North America, but I haven't been as west as Ireland!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

My accent is a walking tour of the entire United States and United Kingdoms, varying on context, mood and random chance.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.