The Presidential Election Debate

Anyway, I have a question for ABG. How will you deal with the Anti-Bronies and Neutrals if you are elected.
Our plan is simple and effective. They will be loved and tolerated until they see the error of their ways.

130645960437.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Also known as "Username"

Question for all candidates

What is your stance on the BBCode we have tags and lack thereof?

Simpelton version: What will you do with the current BBCode tags we have and will you put new ones in?

Hi Friend.

I think the current state of the BBcode tags is adequate for our needs, but will need improvement should the population surge or increase within the coming months or decades, depending on when and how The Tunnel pt. 2 is released.

How improvements would be implemented would consist of this masterful plan in exactly one parts:

Part 1: Private Message Jexius to see if it's possible to add more BB code tags and such.

Part 1a: If Jexius can't do it, learn how to do it myself.

Some of the improvements would include text and image formatting, like this:

[img width="700" align="center"]URL[/img]

Which would make the picture (regardless of its size, big or small) exactly 700 pixels wide, and center it in the User's post. Width/height, alignment and caption options would be awesome for pictures, and I'd also love to be able to shift paragraphs around, like make them align left, or right, or justify, or centered, or maybe place youtube videos in posts!

Rad.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I want a spoiler tag similar to other forums so that you can hide a portion of your text until a user opens it.

I want a spoiler tag similar to other forums so that you can hide a portion of your text until a user opens it.

This. but make it so you can turn any line into a spoiler. not that "SPOILER TAG HERE! Click to open." but more of a tag that if you just put

it can say that, or you can do [spoiler=sup]spoiler text here

so you can have a bold and underlined text(or something) that says "sup" but when you click it, it reveals/hides the text "spoiler text here"

oh snap. to the suggestions thread!!!!

Retired Forum Moderator

Is someone wants a particular tag, the forum's issues and improvements thread is a good start. Or as Blue said, you can PM Jexius. Be warned, he works in mysterious ways :angel: .

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Well BTG is HAX!!11!!1 But I am unsure of Doom Shepard's take on it.

haaax_5.png

Also, yes, I know that this is here. I took the weekend off to go see me dad and do other stuff I couldn't do while I was at the hospital most of the time.

Also, rescheduled vacation for 8/21-8/27.

As for tags, Charlie don't code. However, I am in favor of the spoiler tag, as well as more smileys and fun things. Also, I want to have strikethroughs nd the ability to paint everything gold. Also, blood-red dripping font for when I have to execute someone.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

As for tags, Charlie don't code.

Mhmm. I know that "Machete don't text", never heard that "Charlie don't code". Who is this Charlie? Does he perchance own a Chocolate Factory, which he inherited from a certain Willy?

Officially, the Blue party does not support griefing, as it causes grief.

Blue Party has my support so far, followed by the Accursed Nation Party.

Question: What are the parties' stances on the current state of machinima?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

As for tags, Charlie don't code.

Mhmm. I know that "Machete don't text", never heard that "Charlie don't code". Who is this Charlie? Does he perchance own a Chocolate Factory, which he inherited from a certain Willy?

I think he's the same Charlie who don't surf. Or a relation.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Blue Party has my support so far, followed by the Accursed Nation Party.

Question: What are the parties' stances on the current state of machinima?

90% of machinima produced today is crap.

That said, 90% of everything is crap. (Sturgeon's Law)

We need moar good machinima, less 12-yr-olds pretending. Also, collections on DVD.

Right now we have a few greats working on projects, usually with ridiculous barriers in their way, like life. And they do it all for free, which constantly amazes me.

I'd need a more specific question to give a more specific answer.

Machinima is in an interesting state.

Most of what is considered good has niche followings, most of what's shovelware content is fed to the masses and becomes popular in of itself. However the masses don't bother the niches, and so far, the niches don't bother the masses.

Since development of the medium has largely been dependent on the innovators of the past half-decade (the exceptional few as opposed to the average many), I imagine that the niche following will get the greatest improvements and innovations for the future.

If Ross Scott actually manages to implement Motion capture into his videos as well as into the Source Engine, it would probably mark an incredible point of "the Future is now", because up to that point special higher quality animation requires the efforts of an actual Animator with complete rig (which is different than Scene Choreography).

I really don't care for most of today's machinima. I like Ross' work of course. Ray Koefoed is awesome too. As for the other "mind" series... well, Chell's mind is pretty well written. The others, not so much (I apologize in advance if Cool reads this: sorry man, I assume you put a lot of effort in your work, but it's just not my cup of tea). And I refuse to even call machinima the other aberrations you can find in Machinima.com's YouTube channel.

SUDDENLY...

168Borg_Cube_003.jpg

Far above the maddening crowds, terrible eldrich energies are unleashed against carefully preselected targets. Within moments, entire populations are reduced to ash. Civilizations are laid to ruin. Tectonic plates shift and crack, then split apart with horrid unearthly moans. The entire world seems to shudder.

As the shaking eases, a hush falls over the populace. The shocked and horrified suvivors look skyward with growing terror at the hovering machines of death, whose masses blot out the sun, casting a pall of darkness over a world suddenly grey with dust.

Then they scream, as a terrifying force enters their consciousness: a billion, billion minds, slamming their way into every cerebral cortex of every human on Earth, speaking in one, horribly mechanical, frighteningly united, voice:

"We are the Sons of Norton. Your Presidential Election, having been abandoned by its candidates, is over.

We are now in control. Your forum will adapt to service us.

Now, it is too late.

Any disagreements can be filed with the Chief Ombusman, 410 Kyprios Way, Halzarin, Alpha Centauri II.

What do you MEAN, you never developed the capacity for interstellar flight? Crissakes, Humanity, what have you been DOING for the last half-century? Well, if you can't be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, you have no business whinging about them. If you don't vote, you can't complain!"

So... this means I win, right? :lol:

We're doomed, my image failed.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

CHANGE

That is all.

France won't save you.