Cartridge-Based Games

A topic dedicated solely to discussing cartridge-based games, your history with them, which ones you like, how durable they are against hammers, etc. As well the systems/Every single Nintendo handheld you have that play them. Forget about your Xboxes and Playstations and break out the Super Nintendo and the Genesis (And all its add-ons).

I've been rummaging through my old SNES games (A whole 9 of them) and found two the-fuck-is-this games my Dad bought from Blockbuster almost 10 years ago. MicroMachines and Wings 2: Aces High. A racing game and an aerial combat game. I remember playing both for all of 5 minutes before getting bored to shit and going back to Super Mario RPG.

Hopefully your stories are better than mine.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Still have my NES and Genesis, but the Genesis' RF cable is broken so I have to get a new one. :problem: Still, some of my favorite games of all time are on my old consoles. Sonic & Knuckles, Mario 3, Contra... I could go on forever. But unlike SOME people, I'm not so opinionated about old games as to think that they're still the best games nowadays.

Almost forgot, when I was really young my family actually rented a N64. We stayed up 'till midnight playing Pokemon stadium minigames. :lol:

I was gonna play Genesis today but now my new controller and AV cables don't work because fuck my life.

I just wanted to play some Genesis ;_:

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

A topic dedicated solely to discussing cartridge-based games, your history with them, which ones you like, how durable they are as hammers, etc.

fixed

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Ahhh, Cartridges...

I used to previously own these

Namcomuseum 64

Super Mario 64

Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Tetris

PotC 1 and 2

Frogger

Super Mario Bros.

etc...

And I currently own these:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Mobilized

Linerider

Sims 2 pets

Legend of Zelda

Super Metroid

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Master System edition... >:|)

Also known as "Username"

i still have my orange N64 and a few old cartridges...

and i got to tell you, there a few days where those darn things just dont feel like working properly :evil:

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I had more fun with cartridge-based games then I did with CDs.

Something that I wanna know how it started was, how did every kid in America that used cartridges know to blow into the cartridge and then it would work? I learned it from my Dad, but how the heck did he know?

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Did anyone else on here have the Sega Channel?

I miss that. It was so awesome.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

I went down into the basement to see if the broken old nes was still there, after a bit of excavation i actually found it! No cartridges tough... :cry:

scaled.php?server=821&filename=nestrash.jpg&res=medium

Except the one still in it! [ 8-) success! 8-) ]

scaled.php?server=16&filename=nesf.jpg&res=medium

scaled.php?server=593&filename=unledfcv.png&res=medium

Its too bad i dont have the RC adapter... Or i would totally open it and take a look. It feels bit odd that the one game that seems to be left is the one i never liked playing as a kid :D

Im gonna have to bid on some adapters on the net :)

You'd think something that inspired the meme of "Nintendium" would be able to survive a palty fall like that.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.