Unofficial Posting Guidelines

Sign in to follow this  

These are not official rules, just things I see we can use to increase post quality. I'm guilty of it too, but someone needs to cover it.

1. Stay On Topic - I see this is our biggest downfall. I get that a conversation will evolve as time goes by, but there are times when things just go off in Wonderland.

2. Post Using Correct English and Grammar - It is annoying when people don't use basic grammar and their spelling is horrid. Please use correct English and Grammar. An occasional mistake is okay. I think most people nowadays have a built in Spell Checker in their browser, so use it.

3. Keep "Post-Whoring" To A Minimum - It's about the quality of your posts, not the quantity at which they are churned out.

4. No E-Thugging/Virtual Gangster - I don't see it too much of a problem here, but it's still good to establish things.

5. Use Common Sense - This should be a big obvious one and I shouldn't need to go into detail about it.

6. Do Not Purposely Offend Others - This is not only a posting guideline, but a rule. This is a big no-no, so don't do it.

7. Post Meaningful Things - What I mean by this is don't post just to post, and post things that will add substance to a thread. This kinda goes hand-in-hand with Guideline 3, but it doesn't hurt to define this independently as well.

8. Let's Not Circle Jerk - Circle Jerking is when everyone in a thread has a one sided argument and anyone who provides a different opinion is shunned. We haven't had this problem yet but we don't want it to start either.

Any Questions, Opinions, have ideas for things to add?

Hi Friend.

You could make it look nicer using BBcode, it makes it even nicer to read.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

You could make it look nicer using BBcode, it makes it even nicer to read.

Yup

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

These are not official rules, just things I see we can use to increase post quality. I'm guilty of it too, but someone needs to cover it.

1. Stay On Topic - I see this is our biggest downfall. I get that a conversation will evolve as time goes by, but there are times when things just go off in Wonderland.

2. Post Using Correct English and Grammar - It is annoying when people don't use basic grammar and their spelling is horrid. Please use correct English and Grammar. An occasional mistake is okay. I think most people nowadays have a built in Spell Checker in their browser, so use it.

3. Keep "Post-Whoring" To A Minimum - It's about the quality of your posts, not the quantity at which they are churned out.

4. No E-Thugging/Virtual Gangster - I don't see it too much of a problem here, but it's still good to establish things.

5. Use Common Sense - This should be a big obvious one and I shouldn't need to go into detail about it.

6. Do Not Purposely Offend Others - This is not only a posting guideline, but a rule. This is a big no-no, so don't do it.

7. Post Meaningful Things - What I mean by this is don't post just to post, and post things that will add substance to a thread. This kinda goes hand-in-hand with Guideline 3, but it doesn't hurt to define this independently as well.

8. Let's Not Circle Jerk - Circle Jerking is when everyone in a thread has a one sided argument and anyone who provides a different opinion is shunned. We haven't had this problem yet but we don't want it to start either.

This thread can be easily summed down to, "Don't be Reddit."

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

One of the forum boards I frequently visit has a community far worse than Reddit, sadly.

It's impossible to make a post there without being raged on, I'm about to just give up on them and leave.

I'm not naming it though. :lol:

The ironic part is one of the community members keeps telling me "Click out of this website and go back to Reddit."

Also known as "Username"

One of the forum boards I frequently visit has a community far worse than Reddit, sadly.

It's impossible to make a post there without being raged on, I'm about to just give up on them and leave.

The ironic part is one of the community members keeps telling me "Click out of this website and go back to Reddit."

Makes me feel bad when I'm a Redditor myself.

Hi Friend.

these ain't bad rules, and not bad suggestions, except there's nothing wrong with "mini-modding"; i report spam and try to keep things on topic. i don't full on Alyxx mode this shit! :D:lol:

i go a little bit into lord sinister mode, but that's another discussion altogether :/

these ain't bad rules, and not bad suggestions, except there's nothing wrong with "mini-modding"; i report spam and try to keep things on topic. i don't full on Alyxx mode this shit! :D:lol:

i go a little bit into lord sinister mode, but that's another discussion altogether :/

Actually it says nothing about mini-modding here (except where it was advised to add it).

Hi Friend.

Sounds like the Black Mesa Forum.

also, just to point out, I really like you now Dash.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Sounds like the Black Mesa Forum.

also, just to point out, I really like you now Dash.

Thanks bro.

Also known as "Username"

I as well.

Also, I was kidding, don't actually remove pootis.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.