Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions

Finally found this article about just this very thing. It actually seems almost like stuff Ross would write when you look at it.

If the series carries over to HL2

Gordon will deny ever meeting Barney, and claim Barney's making up stories about being 'best buddies with THE Freeman' to coast on Gordon's awesomeness

Gordon will hold a grudge about being forced to put that can in the trash by Civil Protection at the beginning of the game for the entire series. He has a doctor's degree and trash pick-up is for the peasants.

After meeting Alyx, Gordon will only battle The Combine in the hope of getting laid. And because 'shooting cops' is the most fun he's ever had. He will declare Alyx to be his girlfriend early on. When he discusses world domination, he'll plan to give her Australia.

In addition to that, he'll re-name City 17 after himself, and he'll declare an entire country or state their vacation house, such as Hawaii, and he'll go into a rant on how easy it will be considering everyone there is probably dead.

When he meets the Antlions, Gordon will make a bunch of Dune references. 'Don't step on the sand. I must walk without rhythmn, or else attract the giant killer bugs'. When he gets the Celaphod and controls the Antlions, he'll proclaim himself the Kwisatz Haderach. That or of Starship Troopers, making it a call back.

Gordon will try to kill Mossman and the friendly Vortigaunts during scripted sequences, but find his gun has mysteriously jammed.

He will call Ravenholm 'Silent Hill' and call the fast zombies Rage Monkeys.

In this case, Gordon genuinely will be dumb/crazy enough to climb inside the pods in the Citadel, letting Breen capture him. That, or he'll hang a massive lampshade on it by mentioning how non-safety compliant The Combine work areas are. But state they are still better than Black Mesa.

He'll try to buddy-buddy with Breen, and get miffed when he gets ignored.

He'll call the Striders "Tripods".

He'll make a BIG deal out of Magnusson's "microwave casserole incident" remark. In fact, he'll probably ramble about it throughout the whole final battle.

He'll take every chance he can get to ransack houses with his newfound Pick Things Up power. He may do what this troper does every time he gets to the first apartment and start throwing stuff out the window, humming Pink Floyd music.

Alyx's remark of "Man of few words, huh?" will be the result of Gordon being hypnotized be her boobs for a few minutes after they first meet.

When Alyx makes the "zombine" joke he'll spend a lengthy amount of time insulting her intelligence, and will probably keep bringing it up at every opportunity. He'll also come up with a funnier alternate joke. He won't genuinely care about Alyx's welfare until she gets hurt in episode two. Then he'll freak out and act like a big softie but deny it as soon as she turns out to be fine.

He'll be worked into a frothy rage by the camera bots and go out of his way to destroy them.

Mike and Dave from Civil Protection will cameo in one episode. Or multiple. One will probably just show Mike and Dave helping somebody(contrasting with the usual brutal behavior of the metrocops), the other will be during a fight with Gordon. Dave will want a piece of him, Mike will want to get the fuck out of there before Gordon can gun them down. Alternatively: Dave has improbable aiming skills. Gordon has an exposed head. Likely, Dave would fire a 9mm bullet to take off whats left of Gordon's ear (apparently that turret gun only took off the bottom half), whereas Gordon will freak out and put a couple of bullets in his chest. Dave will survive thanks to his body armor but will be incapacitated (like that's never happened before...) Mike will of course say something along the lines of "I told you it was a bad idea", while Gordon won't really bother to make sure he's dead.

Gordon: I don't really need to make confirmed kills. I'm not at that stage in my life yet.

Freeman will probably lampshade how Mike sounds a lot like Gordon.

After starting the Uprising and realizing that almost everyone on earth recognizes him as The Messiah, he will discuss his plans to use this to his advantage by overthrowing the combine then becoming the new ruler of earth himself.

Freeman will love Dog due to his admiration of robots. He'll consider ways on how to make an army of Dogs to take over the Combine or just want to make Dog his right-hand man when he takes over the world.

Gordon will make a big deal of the suggestion that Combine portal technology is string-based.

Gordon will spend most of "Our Benefactors" rambling on about making the Citadel his stronghold from which he'll rule the world, and thinking of himself as some kind of immortal god-king due to a combination of the Super Gravity Gun and a supercharged HEV suit.

Gordon will be constantly annoyed at how the resistance bosses and pushes him around everywhere despite the fact they view him as The Messiah.

He'll be unaware of what the Civil Protection officers are at first, and assume that him launching that missile started World War III, and that these are Russian thought police. Further supported by the fact that City 17 actually is in Eastern Europe.

Upon learning that Dr. Breen has basically become ruler of the Earth, Gordon will remark on how he "totally called it that his boss is a James Bond villain".

When Alyx hugs Gordon at the beginning of Episode One, Gordon will say "HOLY SHIT! I ACTUALLY TOUCHED A GIRL!" ◦ ...except he won't do that, because the FM version of Gordon Freeman has already been established as a heavy-partying ladies-man, who has mentally admitted to sexually harassing at least one co-worker at Black Mesa. If anything, he'll over-interpret the hug as Alyx being hot for him, and this being more of an obstacle to getting work done than a benefit.

If the series doesn't carry over to HL2

Gordon will want to accept G-Man's offer, after all he's mentioned having to find a new job. However, Gordon will spend so much time rambling to himself that the window to accept the offer will end and G-Man will teleport him into the room with the 30 alien grunts, while Gordon screams that he wanted to accept the job. But Gordon will reveal that there was one weapon G-Man forgot to confiscate: the crowbar. The series will have a Bolivian Army Ending as Gordon screams and charges at the grunts, crowbar in hand. It would possibly be even better if he just said a giant screw you to the G-Man and crowbar-charged the Grunts in the ending anyway.

Alternately, G-Man, having had the misfortune of listening in on Gordon's thoughts, opts to rescind his offer.

It will end with "Military Precision" being played all the way through, with clips from his adventures at Black Mesa. That, or it will show him being the Freeman we all "know" in the future, only completely inept at his job.

Or, Freeman will just give up on the option of going to Xen.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

" Gordon Freeman, it's really is you isn't it?"

" And Teacher, please, you must be old as fuck"

*Kleiner is Gordon's teacher in MiT

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.

- Karl Pilkington

I kind of assumed that Freeman would be lovestruck or otherwised hypnotized by Alyx the first time that he sees her for some reason. Maybe play it off with some dialog of some sort about looking for women a few minutes beforehand. After all, she is one of the only women you see in the entire series.

At any rate, I expect at least one repopulation joke SOMEWHERE in FM2.

"You're a man of few words, aren't you?"

*staring at T and/or A* "...what?"

Here's one for when he gets to Xen later:

"Wait a minute...This IS a swamp planet! So what the hell were those aliens doing in that freezer?!"

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I always imagined after killing the first Antlion Guard in Nova Prospect and having all the Antlions come back to you Ross saying "Yeah. Always trust the guy with guns."

Rebel: Dr. Freeman, wait! I'll come with you.

Freeman: Uh, no you won't. I can manage by myself. You can die.

Rebel: Don't forget to reload, Dr. Freeman!

Freeman: Why would I...you're crazy. I bet you're another one of those zombies I saw back in Black Mesa.

Rebel: Sometimes, I dream about cheese.

Freeman: Oh, for cry- Hey, me too! I like cheese. But, you're still weird for saying that, though.

Rebel: I'm not even gonna tell you to SHUT UP!

Freeman: Hey, fuck you too, buddy.

He who fights drummers

*When seeing the rollermines on the highway*

Gordon: Hey look, it is more D0g balls... heh... balls... hey wait a second, what is it... GAHH!! I WAS GOING TO LIKE YOU BUT YOU BETRAYED ME!! GET IN THE OCEAN!! YOU LOST YOUR LAND PRIVALAGES!!

*After getting up from the Metropolice beatdown*

Gordon: If you are going to talk that close to my face, atleast use some toothpaste first. Your breath reminds me of the radioactive waste that was all over Black Mesa.

When Gordon meets Alyx, he will think she worked in the biology dept and try to hit on her.

When he finds out who Alyx is, he'll figure out that she was only, like, three the last time they met, and he will proceed to have an extended period of self-disgust.

When he finds out who Alyx is, he'll figure out that she was only, like, three the last time they met, and he will proceed to have an extended period of self-disgust.

"Oh shit, am I a pedophile? Nonono... No. I mean, I wasn't attracted to her until she's like twenty something, right? So no pedo. And technically I should be forty seven now, but biologically I'm still twenty seven because my cells didn't age during suspended animation. Shit, statutory rape gets confusing when you factor in time travel. You know what, fuck it, she's hot and I'm already a fugitive."

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

"Oh shit, am I a pedophile? Nonono... No. I mean, I wasn't attracted to her until she's like twenty something, right? So no pedo. And technically I should be forty seven now, but biologically I'm still twenty seven because my cells didn't age during suspended animation. Shit, statutory rape gets confusing when you factor in time travel. You know what, fuck it, she's hot and I'm already a fugitive."

That sounds perfect. Just perfect.

Breen (recording): "Welcome! Welcome to City 17."

Freeman: "I know that voice..."

Breen: "You have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers..."

Freeman: "Yeah, the old administrator hasn't changed one bit. Thinking he runs the joint. But I have news for you, buddy: I just killed a giant space fetus. What have you done? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.* Yeah, I'm the man." (sees vortigaunt sweeping) "Christ, it's one of those things! Where's my gun?!"

* ...then when Breen says the same thing a lot later, Freeman can respond with one of those "We're not so different, you and I" realizations. ;)

The vortigaunt is going to be the least of his worries after he sees the strider.

I think the bit where he first sees the strider should be the end of an episode. So he's basically talking about something, and stops and stares at the strider as it goes past, then makes some sort of "I'm screwed" remark, then the episode ends.

If there's one thing im looking forward to it must be Ravenholm that would be my favorite part! especially because i would love to see his reaction to father grigori and the fast zombie. I also think he would talk about the squirrel story again when he sees the electricity fence!

Grigori: "Oh, light may thy name be spoken in the graves, and spelled in bones and ashes"

Freeman: "what in the name of God are you talking about you weird Russian monk!"

Or when the rebels start talking

rebel: "Don't forget to reload Dr Freeman"

Freeman: "How could i!?"

"i can't get this tune out of my head! (whistles)"

Freeman: "how can you not get that out of your head there's barely any rhythm in that!"

Rebel: "Sometimes, i dream about cheese"

Freeman: "What the fuck?!?"

:mrgreen:

Rebel: "Sometimes, I dream about cheese."

Freeman: "Yeah, I know what you're thinking. A little brie, a little Gruyère, maybe some mozzarella. But keep that cottage cheese crap away from me. I had a bowl of that once and I dreamed that the cheese had become this monster, throwing globs of cottage cheese at me. It's like that scene from the end of Ghostbusters, only with cottage cheese instead of marshmallow. It's the Stay Lumpy Cottage Cheese Man."

*Healing scene in Episode 2*

Wait... what are they saying? This reminds me of those times on Dora The Explorer when they chant "Swiper no swiping!" constantly... so... DEATH, NO KILLING. DEATH, NO KILLING.

*After the Healing scene*

Whoa, that stuff sent me on some trip. Maybe I was wrong insulting these aliens. If they give me free drugs, I am always cool with them.

Grigori: Tread lightly, for this is hallowed ground.

Freeman: Tread lightly, for I don't give a hollowed shit.

*Freeman passing through Ravenholm cemetery*

Freeman: I wonder if grave robbing is still illegal even after aliens take over the planet.

Grigori: Fair Well Brother!

Freeman: Peace out mah nigga