Website issues and improvements.

I have a question/proposal about e-mail. In the complete list of members screen, there is a column that says "E-mail" that is currently empty. That makes me wonder why is that.

Personally, I don't mind other forum members having my e-mail (in fact, I've given it to several). And after all, there is an option in the UCP that says "Users can contact me by e-mail: Yes No". That could be set by default to "no", and only after the user goes and explicitly changes it to yes, the email could be shown.

I submit to you that proposal. Otherwise, the "E-mail" column really has no purpose, and eliminating it could leave space for other interesting data (for instance, birthday, genre, planet of origin...) or improve the visualization of the list, for instance, on mobile devices.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I have a question/proposal about e-mail. In the complete list of members screen, there is a column that says "E-mail" that is currently empty. That makes me wonder why is that.

Personally, I don't mind other forum members having my e-mail (in fact, I've given it to several). And after all, there is an option in the UCP that says "Users can contact me by e-mail: Yes No". That could be set by default to "no", and only after the user goes and explicitly changes it to yes, the email could be shown.

I submit to you that proposal. Otherwise, the "E-mail" column really has no purpose, and eliminating it could leave space for other interesting data (for instance, birthday, genre, planet of origin...) or improve the visualization of the list, for instance, on mobile devices.

It's not empty, there's a button that links to "mailto:[email protected]".

EDIT: Actually that might be just staff, give me a second.

EDIT 2: Yeah it lists everyone's for me, but normal users can see the button as well if the user they're looking at has that option set to yes. So what you've said is already in effect.

I don't see any button. And it is doubtful all (almost)4000 people on this forum have the option disabled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't see any button. And it is doubtful all (almost)4000 people on this forum have the option disabled.

That's because hardly anyone does, you'd have to scroll through most of thep ages before you find someone. Plus, it's off by default. Turn it on yourself and find yourself, that should serve as a decent amount of proof.

Mhmm. I have the exact same setup as Kirkreng (users can contact me by email: yes). I don't see the contact info for me or for Kirkreng. Check this out.

List.png

I also tried sorting by "E-mail", which should show all users that have it on (including me and Kirk) and still nothing.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

You got some 'splainin' to do.

'twasn't me. I'll tweak it later. I don't know why it's doing that to be honest, but I can easily fix it regardless.

Reporting in: Not working for me.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Double Posting but only because multiple repping for no reason is becoming a problem. If the rep system really does not stand for anything then remove it, if the rep numbers don't stand for anything remove them and just put +, 0 or - as reputation, otherwise follow it properly or change the rules or enforce.

Also the Email thing hasn't been resolved.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I know. I don't have a computer right now. I had no idea something was wrong with the reputation though. Can you give me some more information?

i don't see anything wrong with the rep system in regard to bugs...however mass +repping has been happening more frequently. also if you could set a character limit for the reason field we could avoid things like this:

reputation.php?user_id=2683

I'll do that soon. I didn't think that would be a problem to be honest.

i don't see anything wrong with the rep system in regard to bugs...however mass +repping has been happening more frequently. also if you could set a character limit for the reason field we could avoid things like this:

reputation.php?user_id=2683

I don't get it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

for some reason when you make a big line of text without spaces it stretches the page, is there any way you can make it so that it forces text on a new line at a certain point?

Example:

exampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexample

for some reason when you make a big line of text without spaces it stretches the page, is there any way you can make it so that it forces text on a new line at a certain point?

Example:

exampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexampleexample

Sure, I'll do that when I get home.