North Meetup Results

*** ONE MORE MEETUP ON AUGUST 4TH! *** 

Well the first meetup is over and went well. I got to meet several fans and have some intense fun at the park. I learned some things about myself too, specifically that I can mostly stay in control when it appears that I'm falling to my death. The people that came were all great; I feel like if there was a zombie apocalypse, then the group we had would be very functional and survive. All in all it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I had the meet. Really my only complaint about the meetup is that the numbers were a little short of what was projected in the earlier poll:

attendance1.png

Now the second meetup hasn't happened yet, so the results of this are still inconclusive. It could be that 1300 of you are coming to the south meetup, that would be great. If that happens, then I won't understand why the Confederate states lost the Civil War. If the second meetup turns out like the first however, we can make some interesting conclusions:

-If internet people say they are interested in attending something, over 99% of them will not actually attend.

-If an internet person says "maybe" they will attend something, there is a 100% chance they will not attend it.

I don't want to pass judgment too quickly about internet people however, maybe some people got scared off after seeing my picture, or some of you weren't able to make parole afterall. In light of this, I'm launching a new poll to see what we can expect:

[poll id=7]

I was wondering why the poll was so overly enthusiastic but there were only ~5 people on the forums. I thought this might happen... 6 people is less than I was expecting though, I was thinking maybe 20-30. Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!

(And if you decide to come to Amsterdam, at least one internet person will attend. Maybe. Maybe not : P.)

I would love to go but I live all the way up north in Minnesota.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I am actually on vacation in South Carolina right now, but I will be heading home a few days before this event. I wish I could, though.

I voted that I'm too far away. Crummy aliens.

Like I said before, I say we need a PacNW meet-up and we can raid Valve up in Bellevue, WA (near Seattle). There's also the Space Needle and...uhmmm...a bit of a trek away there's a small amusement park. They have a wooden rollercoaster, a steel coaster, a "wild mouse" style coaster, a "zip line" ride, and a pretty decent water park.

Plus, I'll be able to attend! I'm sure everyone wants to meet me, right?

....right?

But still. Valve, yo!

I voted as I did before, that I'm too far away. :

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I live close enough that it'd be a short day trip so yes...I do plan on attending the South Meetup! (and dragging a friend or two along)

However, I still need to buy the tickets and plan the trip so it'd be wonderful if you were to post an itinerary journal post for the South Meetup like you did for the North :) creepy picture notwithstanding

I live close enough that it'd be a short day trip so yes...I do plan on attending the South Meetup! (and dragging a friend or two along)

However, I still need to buy the tickets and plan the trip so it'd be wonderful if you were to post an itinerary journal post for the South Meetup like you did for the North :) creepy picture notwithstanding

I will soon, I just need to figure out where we'll be ahead of time. As for the tickets, the link to buy them at the reduced price is still the same, just check the link at the top of this news post.

wow I think the results of the poll so far are as truthful as you can get on the Internets... or your going to have 1/5 of a person at your meetup...

and PLZ come to Washington!! D:

The event can just be on Valve's front lawn! we don't even need to go to a waterpark or anything....

(we can pretend to be protesting how long it's taking to make Episode 3!)

It seems like a lot of the forum fans are in Washington state from the last few posts. For clarification I live there as well.

What we need is a bloody quantum teleporter.

NO. A manual quantum superposition machine. Makes things so much more efficient.

Hi Ross,

Registered just to reply this topic. (Plus been thinking for a while of participating in Freeman's Mind discussions).

I would love to have come to the meeting, but unfortunately I work in Asia.

But if you ever find yourself going to the Republic of Singapore, feel free to post it on your blog page in advance.

I'll take you to see all the Singaporean cultural sites and very beautiful gardens with large varieties of flower.

Or I'll simply take you boozing and fending of aggressive prostitutes (while in the process of boozing).

Whichever you prefer really :-)

I'll bet my reputation of a internet person on showing up, unless something extreme happens such as me getting kidnapped by aliens happens.

In that case I'll just send you an "I can't make it, but have fun in Singapore" email.

Anyway, good to hear you had fun, and good to see at least 6 people showed up, and you guys had fun as group.

I guess having fun is what matters the most!

Hope you are not stuck with a huge pile of T-Shirts. Though I wouldn't mind having one.

I voted that I'm too far away. Crummy aliens.

Like I said before, I say we need a PacNW meet-up and we can raid Valve up in Bellevue, WA (near Seattle). There's also the Space Needle and...uhmmm...a bit of a trek away there's a small amusement park. They have a wooden rollercoaster, a steel coaster, a "wild mouse" style coaster, a "zip line" ride, and a pretty decent water park.

Plus, I'll be able to attend! I'm sure everyone wants to meet me, right?

....right?

But still. Valve, yo!

Based on your post, I had this random thought about how awesome it would be if Ross were to go down to valve with a group of people, and gives a speech in Freeman's Mind style demanding Valve to release Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Specially if he was to end the speech with the words: "If you don't release the game soon, you are on the list!".

Sadly, I'm too far away.

I would've come if it wasn't for the fact I live in Norway and can barely afford to travel to Oslo.

Something like that here too. Only I'm living in Latvia. It's a Baltic state in Northern Europe, for those who didn't know. xD

What we need are portal guns.

Not quite. You would need to transport the same gun to opposite part of the world to make that second shot. We need a web of semi-permanent gateways (portals, worldgates, you call it).

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

I would've come if it wasn't for the fact I live in Norway and can barely afford to travel to Oslo.

Glad you had fun at least. :)

something like that for me, I live in Estonia.