Dungeons & Dragons

Sign in to follow this  

So, since we've got a new DM I feel I should ask again, are custom/open source races/classes allowed as long as they aren't broken?

Yes, but please run it by me first. I'm fairly chill about letting people have fun, but I don't like having the wool pulled over my eyes (not that I don't trust you, just precaution).

Ok im just restating this for everyone (including the DM) knows how we are doing stat builds

We each start with 8 str, 8 dex, 8 con, 8 int, 8 wis, 8 cha

with a max of 18 (during character creation)

from there we have 28 build points

the first 6 point in any given stat cost 1 build point

after that, the next 2 stat points cost 2 build points

and the last 2 stat points cost 3 build points

so if i wanted to raise one stat to 18, i would spend 16 build points, with 12 left to spend

i hope this simplifies things, it also prevents players from having rediculous stat builds, making it fair for everyone

I looked it over again after Psycho Ninja said he needed help. IO like the system, though I usually like more randomness in the mix. Anyway, here's a chart.

9 = 1 point

10 = 2 points

11 = 3

12 = 4

13 = 5

14 = 6

15 = 8

16 = 10

17 = 13

18 = 16

>18= 29

you have 28 points to spend

Ninja'd by Srake. First page/OP has links to the wiki and character sheets. We are going by 3rd edition because it's free. I am DM, Jek Jek is probably a cleric, Thadeus is a half-elf fighter, Ikthais is a necromancer (or as I call it, a wizard who specializes in necromancy), Whooves is a wizard, Psychotic ninja is still building his character. Neither paladin nor ranger is taken. That necromancer could make things awkward for Paladins since they are naturally very against dark magic, but I'm not one to bring that kind of limiting, boring stuff into play unless it adds something of value.

Ninja'd while editing to correct for ninjaing. Damn.

Yes, undead can be your favored enemy, and it would make for some interesting conversations with Ikthias.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

It's my name

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Sounds good. I would have prefered Pathfinder cause it was the last thing that I had played IRL. But Whatever.

I'll be making a Human Ranger who specializes in fightting undead... If that's possible. FUCK, RULES I NEED YOU!

Edit: Gonna see if RedBlade can't help me out/

Theres a link to the D&D wiki on the first post, you can use that to look up things like details about your class etc.

Ok mister DM sir, you completely misunderstood the stat build system

Each stat starts at 8

for ONE stat to be raised to 18, it costs 16

the first 6 stat points cost one build point

the next 2 stat point cost 2 each

the last 2 cost 3 each, for a total of 16 build points, for ONE stat

and on another note i love the future character conflicts we are gonna have

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

I just remembered I have a character creation thingy on a CD that I got from my player's handbook back in middle school. Now I almost want to make a PC just so I can use it.

And just because it keeps coming up: When in doubt, go to the wiki. It's in the first post, on the first page, go there and check.

If you're still in doubt, ask someone on Steam or send a PM. I'll be checking over everyone's stuff anyway, and minor mistakes are acceptable. But lime I said, I don't like being tricked.

Ninja'd by Ikthias. That is what I meant, though I did not explain it well. That chart is on a per-ability/attribute basis.

For example, these are all legit scores:

13, 13, 13, 13, 12, 12

14, 14, 12, 12, 12, 12

18, 16, 10, 8, 8, 8

18, 14, 12, 9, 9, 8

16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 8

actually according to the formula i laid out 18,14,12,10,10,10 is legit

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

Oh mein Gott, so many posts when I was asleep. Okay, it seems like you all know what are we gonna do. Btw I need fix my sheet, spells, name. Uh I don't want my cleric to have a name "Jek" but I like short common names. Can I just go with "Jake"?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Sure. Jake and Felix will go by similar names, Thadeus will go by his name, Ikthias and Srake could go by their names, and Psychotic Ninja will go by anything but that unless he has a custom ninja class with a wisdom of 8 and chaotic alignment.

(That was a joke, you don't need to roleplay as a psychotic ninja)

Oh, and I will be calling you by your character names for the most part, as in, "Felix, roll your die" or "it's Jake's turn." Once we get going, there is no Whooves, and there is no Jek Jek Roo.

I suggest that once we get things going we make a seperate thread for the adventure and keep this tread as a help/discussion thread, that sound good?

I suggest that once we get things going we make a seperate thread for the adventure and keep this tread as a help/discussion thread, that sound good?

Probably a good idea.

I might as well make that right away then, and make the first page basically be a page with references to tools, character sheets and such?

Yeah. But this topic is good for consulting rules with DM and creating craracters.

About my back story... Um I just need to know - are we going to start andknow each other or we just met?

Or maybe, I as a medic follow one of your character?

Great, I go see a 3 hour movie, and I come back to me being even more confused than ever before, this sucks. Oh and before anyone asks, all I have figured out ATM is that I'm a hot redheaded female archer (if possible, a archer-thief hybrid), who's neutral evil.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Probably a good idea.

I might as well make that right away then, and make the first page basically be a page with references to tools, character sheets and such?

I don't think so. We want to get all out players lined up. It would just sit there until everyone's ready. The first post will be tools, sheets, the players, the characters, maybe the setting and a few rules, then the second post will be the start of the campaign.

Also I should make it, being the DM and all.

Ninja'd by JJR (I need to type faster). I will work around whatever you want to do, I'm a writer after all. We'll be starting in a bar, as per regulation, and it's up to you if you want to meet everyone there or be hanging out with them already.

BTW, it's 2:30 AM here, I'll be going to sleep soon.

Ninja'd by... ninja. Yes, you can be an archer-thief. Just go rogue. There is no arche class, but you can specialize in them via feats and such.

About backstory, I was thinking at least Ikthias and I travel together, being related and all, thats about all I got though XD

Whatever backstory you want, man, I'll work around it. Your backstory is yours. You all get to decide how you got to that bar.

Okay, tomorrow I will make the second thread. And help Psycho ninja. And come up with a campaign. And do anything else you guys need that doesn't require Steam chat. I have no plans for tomorrow, besides making snickerdoodles.

Thadeus, make a back story.

Ok I thougt it would be good for my character to follow one of you until we all meet. I'm a healing person, not good at fightning so yeah. In a bar? Cool. I can make him drunk at the begining.