The other Minds

So yeah, I imagine that most of us here are fans of Freeman's Mind, and rightly so, because it's hilarious.

But are there any fans here of it's various derivatives?

Like Shephard's Mind or Barney's Mind or the like?

Or are those generally looked down upon to you guys?

I myself admit that I kinda like Barney's Mind and Shephard's Mind. Chell's Mind was fairly decent, too...

Actually, Shephard's Mind has gotten pretty good as of late. He's definitely been getting the whole, uh, like acting or whatever down. As in, moving the character in logical ways... Or something...

That said, the other, non-Valve Minds don't tend to get my attention. Nor do Minds that aren't just the game but some sort of setup, like Felix's Mind.

Any thoughts of your own?

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I watched abit of Barney's mind but I never got to finish it.

Next time I got a crap toone of free time I'll tune into Shepard mind.

I've never seen non-valve minds, can anyone recommend me some.

typing "mind" into youtube doesn't seem to do any justice.

I Watch(ed), Barney's Mind,Shepard's Mind, Felix's Mind and Parker's Mind. Freeman's Mind is still the best though.

I've watched several of these. I regret to say I've been unable to become interested in any, with the possible exception of Chell's Mind by CyhAnide (it's well done and scripted, shame it's not released more regularly).

Now, if we talk about machinima videos in general, I think Ray Koefoed's stuff is pretty awesome. Xanatos also has good videos.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I don`t think there`s any point in talking about originality..

But I rather liked Shepard`s Mind. Chell`s is fine, too.

I have seen all of them, but not all to a full extent, I ceased to watch Chell's Mind and Felix's (Unsure if the "s" is proper after an x) Mind shortly after starting, but I have watched Barney's Mind to the full extent and am awaiting for the next installment of Shephard's Mind to be released, going on 5 months, I'd estimate, since his last episode.

I've watched several of these. I regret to say I've been unable to become interested in any, with the possible exception of Chell's Mind by CyhAnide (it's well done and scripted, shame it's not released more regularly).

Now, if we talk about machinima videos in general, I think Ray Koefoed's stuff is pretty awesome. Xanatos also has good videos.

I was really disappointed with Chell's Mind. It had so much potential, but apparently CyhAnide stopped making it. It IS really well done, and the lines were extremely witty and well thought. I wish she'd continue the series

I was really disappointed with Chell's Mind. It had so much potential, but apparently CyhAnide stopped making it. It IS really well done, and the lines were extremely witty and well thought. I wish she'd continue the series

It sounds like I'm missing out on something.

My favourite ATM is Felix's Mind, you HAVE to watch the series right through though. If you stopped anywhere between Ep. 1 and Ep. 10 then you are missing out on the epicness that is everything after that

My favourite ATM is Felix's Mind, you HAVE to watch the series right through though. If you stopped anywhere between Ep. 1 and Ep. 10 then you are missing out on the epicness that is everything after that

What game is it based on?

Half life 2: Episode 2.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

@The Hamburglar

:l Seriously? Have you even watched the series? Or played the game? It's Half Life 2: Episode 1

@The Hamburglar

:l Seriously? Have you even watched the series? Or played the game? It's Half Life 2: Episode 1

Haha, oh crap. I just noticed that. That was seriously a mistake.

Yeah, I've watched Felix's mind, and I think it's really funny.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

@The Hamburglar

Haha, oh crap. I just noticed that. That was seriously a mistake.

Yeah, I've watched Felix's mind, and I think it's really funny.

Boy, does THIS contrast to your post I just replied to in the Freeman's Mind forum!

Parker's Mind is hilarious. It was very well done IMO. Shepard's Mind was also pretty funny, and it's quality is comparable with Freeman's Mind. Barney's Mind was very crappy in the first few episodes, but major improvements went by with each episode, and I found it to be quite enjoyable in the later episodes. Harrison's mind is new, and is by the same person who made Barney's mind. It is just great. Sadly, there are only a few episodes. Felix's mind had some pretty good lines and jokes in it, but it will feel weird once the Freeman comes through Episode 1.

Freeman's(ish) mind 2 is really good and CooL sounds scarily close to Ross Scott.

Shephard's mind is pretty cool but like everyone else have said, updates are too irregular. I've seen some of Barney's mind but the earlier episodes put me off.

In terms of minds that are not uber popular (i.e. those not currently appearing in Meeting of the Minds etc), I tend to avoid any that feature games I haven't actually played yet. seanmcshaft's Jack's Mind (Bioshock 1) is pretty decent but relatively unknown at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbk_wl3zV0w

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

I've been getting the sense that Ian (Barney's Mind) is either incredibly busy or incredibly fucking lazy, and I'm kinda pointing at the latter.

Shephard's Mind isn't really updated 'irregularly', he's doing an L4D2 mod, trying to figure out a cool way to end SM, and waiting for OP42 to come out so he can start Season 2.

I guess Cyhanide finished her MCAT (I think they were MCATs) and that's what's been holding her up this year. That and life I guess.

Corky's problems seem the most tragic because he waited forever for computer parts, installed them, and they didn't work, and apparently they took a shitton of his money and he has to send it back. I sincerely feel bad for him. :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."