Post what you're doing right now

I'm at work, remotely connected to my PC at home, and just now, I purchased and began downloading the Leviathan DLC for Mass Effect 3.

When I get home this afternoon, it's on.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Went to the cinema today to see Ice Age 4. With a girl.

I am being oddly social lately. I'm not sure if I like it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just played Slender and OH BOY is this game overrated and overhyped.

One: It's tediously boring since you spend most of the early parts of the game dicking around, looking for pages and you can't see shit without your flashlight, which runs out of battery eventually. And this is all you do, looking for pages. No plot, no characters, no story, no nothing, just you, going around, looking at badly drawn pages about some paranormal creature and gathering them. The game does pick up once you get the first page and as you get more pages it gets more intense but man... those first minutes are just downright a snorefest.

Two: The graphics are horrible. The darkness thing seems to just be there to cover up the fact they suck. I mean, I played for a while and eventually found that some things even lacked texture. I know this is a beta game and ripping on the textures isn't fair but it really ruined the immersion for me. A lot of things seem just bland and boring and lacked anything that could help add some atmosphere to the game.

So yeah, I hope this game becomes better over time. It's okay right now and it did get a scare out of me but... it's more fun watching the reaction videos to this game than actually playing it.

I'll say this though, it does make a good job at giving you jumpscares. And at least it's not as tedious as Amnesia.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

That is exactly the problem I have with the game. It lacks any kind of substance. It is nothing beyond the concept of the Slenderman(which itself isn't even original) with a nonsensical fetch quest added on to it.

OT: I just got out of my sauna and gonna go to bed. Good night.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm at work, remotely connected to my PC at home, and just now, I purchased and began downloading the Leviathan DLC for Mass Effect 3.

When I get home this afternoon, it's on.

My cousin has my copy so I bought it in preparation for the event.

So when I get that game back, it's on.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

That is exactly the problem I have with the game. It lacks any kind of substance. It is nothing beyond the concept of the Slenderman(which itself isn't even original) with a nonsensical fetch quest added on to it.

OT: I just got out of my sauna and gonna go to bed. Good night.

Yeah, totally. It feels very thin. Although I'll admit the Slenderman can get a good jumpscare out of me so they got that part right. But the game is just boring otherwise. Like you say, it lacks substance.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Alyxx and Kirk, the plot of the game is ENTIRELY in outside culture and backstory. Do this for me. Go to Youtube and type in Marble Hornets. Watch that series (the first is titled Entry #1) and prepare to be afraid of the dark again. That is the msjority of the Slenderman's backstory and origins. NOW play slender and you'll start to see what makes it so terrifying.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Ready for school day to start and stuph... meh.

And Alyxx, I don't think it was meant to really be a standalone game. And I didn't even realize Slendy was a myth, I just liked watching Marble Hornets and wetting my pants. But to each their own, right?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Just registered to vote, good timing for the election since I just turned 18 this month. I live in the south, love guns, and drive a beat up old pickup truck, but I wear ray-bans, a trench coat (in winter anyway) and I'm a democrat. I'm one classy-ass redneck.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

A classy-ass redneck that looks like he's straight out a low budget direct to DVD Matrix movie.

Zing.

34535-1.png

Frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about. And if you're gonna insult me, then we're gonna settle this on steam chat like REAL men, ya hear?!

Twilight, y u b democrat? Obama is dooky. He, like all democrats, does an excellent job of allocating your hard-earned money to those who haven't earned it. I can't stand that, personally. They spend money they don't have and tax the fuck out of you to make up for it. That's not right. But that's my opinion, so vote how you like, I guess.

OT: Practicing sax

Well, I think we oughta stay on topic here, so I'll just say why (in spoilers) I'm a democrat and hopefully we can leave it at that. If you wanna talk more then we could do PMs I guess, though I'm not really looking for a debate, I'm just explaining myself.

Basically I just can't see myself supporting the Republican party in most cases for several reasons. In particular, I will not vote for Mitt Romney because he's promised to cut spending for stuff like social programs, yet he's going to dump a lot more money into the military. I think that's just ridiculous because the military is probably the one thing we have enough money for in the US. We already pretty much have the world's strongest military, I fail to see why we need to add more taxpayer money to that while cutting things like social security that are allowing my grandparents to keep eating. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that welfare doesn't get abused, but there are people that need it and we're not going to solve anything by telling disabled people to work harder. As for taxes, well, this is as good a time as any to say that taxes in the US are the second lowest in the world. On top of that the republican platform of fear mongering and rallying popular support by preaching 'traditional values' (read: no same sex marriage or abortion rights) and making our potential enemies seem scarier is absolutely disgusting in my eyes. Democrats aren't perfect but at least Obama has been trying to fix the economy instead of promising to ban same sex marriage and increase defense spending. Mitt Romney doesn't really seem like a politician to me, he seems more like a businessman, and I fear that if he gets elected that's exactly how he will try to run this country.

OT: Getting involved in political debates even though I wanted to avoid it. Election year, man.

I understand your perspective, and I do agree that Romney's platform is crap. But I feel Obama's is as well. The way he's tried to fix the economy, well, it's supposed to cause a crash even bigger than what we had in 08. But I get you, and in a perfect world, we'd have financial freedom AND freedom to life choices. Sadly, it isnt the case I guess.

OT: Not getting into political debates because I just remembered I HATE POLITICS!