General Chat

If you're ever in the southern area of Colorado, look me up and I'll get you a taste of the good stuff. (definitely not enough to get anyone in trouble with the authorities)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I honestly prefer dry wine over the others. Most cases I don't really like sweet wine. Same with sake. sweet(and for that matter, warm) sake is just gross to me but I found a place that served cold dry sake and it was really good.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm not very fussy when it comes to wine.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

I don't like overly sweet anything, (some white wines) but wine shouldn't be bitter and vinegary. (some white and red wines)

I love sweet wines. I had a little Eiswein when I was in Canada several years back. I was only 11 and I loved the stuff.

In general, I'm a fan of either very sweet drinks or very strong, hoppy beers. I don't have much a taste for red wine or lighter beers. I REALLY like Gin and Rum. Whiskey's alright, but I'm growing less fond of it, I think.

And dear god if tequila isn't the nastiest shit ever unless it's in a margarita...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I've never been the biggest fan of straight tequila either but there are a few (and rather expensive) ones I've had that were exceptionally good compared to the more common brands. Don't ask me to remember the names because I was never told when sober, and while I don't ever forget my drunken events no matter how bad I get, names are not something my mind tends to keep.

Vodka is still my favorite spirit by far. Initial taste I like and the after taste is even better. I especially like the warmth I feel when it hits my stomach and it may just be the effect of weak alcohol but no other kind quite does that for me.

Hum.. we could do with an alcohol thread maybe? :P

Retired Forum Moderator

You won't. Scotch is my whiskey of choice if it's straight-up... Vodka, tequila, rum, and other clear liquors are for mixed drinks IMO.

I have to admit that I am quite a big rum person.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Spiced rum, or clear rum? Spiced run I prefer without mixing, clear as a mixed drink.

Oddly enough I have yet to try Mead... Anyone have experience with it?

Nope. I heard it was sweet though so idk how much I'd care for it. I'd still like to try it once.

Speaking of whiskey, we have a bottle of 15 y/o Irish whiskey right now that's really good. Aged in an oak barrel. So strong it burns so a small amount is enough to nurse for a while.

Retired Forum Moderator

Well as much as I like honey I doubt that means much in the end :P If I've learned only 1 thing about fermentation over the years it's that the first thing that changes is the taste.

I'm still gonna give it a try if I ever find it anywhere. It's just the places I like to go don't have it.

Retired Forum Moderator

Spiced rum, or clear rum?

Usually clear rum, drink it straight up. Am partial to both. Usual seems to be Captain Morgan's at the moment however.

I'm certainly not as experienced with my liquor as Blighty or Bullseye (I am only 18 after all) :D

A lot of my family and their close friends are very into craft beers, so I get to try them from time to time, and there's this Young's Double Chocolate Stout they let me taste one time and holy HELL was that the most amazing beer I've ever had.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I personally dislike most beers... They tend to either not have enough flavor or not enough alcohol, or both. There are a rare few extremely dark homemade beers that I enjoy, but I have never found a beer that you would be able to buy in the store that I would willingly have more than 3 bottles of per day. (and never more than 2 days of it per week)

As for cheap, shop bought beers, usually go for red stripe (or whatever it is called) Jamaican beer. Not as bad as most stuff but nothing too exciting. About 5% alcohol I believe, not as strong on the yeast-y taste either.

I think the only halfway decent store-bought beer I've had was a dark lager, but I don't remember the brand. (I didn't care that much about it since I got it right after an amazing homemade beer)

This has been the slowest day I've had in a long time...

Like, forums have been dead today, no one I know is online, everyone at school is unusually quiet. It's like Mediocre: The Holiday.

Retired Forum Moderator

So, to give this thread a new thing to discuss (since I don't know where else to put this), I've been having trouble starting up Half Life: Blue Shift. I go to Steam, hit "play", and then it gives me an error message that says "Couldn't find 'decals.wad' in 'DEFAULT GAME' search path.

Anyone know what that's supposed to mean, and how to fix it?