General Chat

That moment when you realize Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3 was only added because the voice actor went off character at the auditions so well they wanted to have him anyways and thus even modeled Vaas after the actor.

Vaas:

320x240x2-Vaas_3.png

Vaas's Actor dressed as Vaas:

vaas_michael_mando_with_bobblehead_.jpg

I like stories like these :3

Retired Forum Moderator

One of my favorite Voice Actor stories, is a sad one with a happy ending:

Mel Blanc, driving an Aston Martin, collided with another car on Dead Man’s Curve. Blanc was almost killed and slipped into a coma. Blanc’s son and wife spent two weeks at his bedside trying to revive him, but got no response. One day, about 14 days after the accident, one of Blanc’s neurologists walked into the room and tried something completely new. He went to Mel’s bed and asked, “Bugs Bunny, how are you doing today?”

There was a pause while people in the room just shook their heads. Then, in a weak voice, came the response anyone would recognize.

“Myeeeeh. What’s up doc?”

The doctor then asked Tweety if he was there too.

“I tot I taw a puddy tat,” was the reply.

It took seven more months in a body cast for Blanc to recover. He even voiced Barney Rubble in the first episodes of The Flintstones while lying in bed with a microphone dangling from above.

The Radio Lab piece includes excerpts from an episode of This is Your Life when Blanc’s doctor tried to explain how he revived his patient. “It seemed like Bugs Bunny was trying to save his life,” was all he could say.

Radio Lab features another neurologist’s opinion: Blanc was such a hard-working professional that his characters lived, protected from the brain injury, deep in his unconscious mind. The doctor’s question must have sounded like a director’s cue.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The actor's eyes aren't a sunken in as Vaas'.

When people model characters off of someone existing, there's always a little bit of liberty taken. That and perfect recreation is hard as hell. I also think the lighting and shading around the eyes in the game render may be accentuating that a little bit too.

I also remember hearing that story about Mel Blanc. Possibly one of my favorites as well.

There was another I heard about Steve Blum, the voice of Wolverine from the cartoons. I don't remember all the details I just know he wasn't officially trained in voice acting. He used to work at a studio and was caught "doing crotchety voices in the mailroom"

Retired Forum Moderator

Hey, does any forum user here want a Steam key for Age of Mythology Extended Edition? X3 My dad bought me one, and so did my boyfriend, at the same time. So I have a spare copy for anyone who wants it. Can't be stuffed holding a giveaway cause I'm so unpopular, no one would see it.

EDIT: And also, if wanted, we can have an Age of Mythology multiplayer game against each other or something. Dunno. X3 I have my Summer holiday over here so, plenty of time to play games.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Hey, does any forum user here want a Steam key for Age of Mythology Extended Edition? X3 My dad bought me one, and so did my boyfriend, at the same time. So I have a spare copy for anyone who wants it. Can't be stuffed holding a giveaway cause I'm so unpopular, no one would see it.

EDIT: And also, if wanted, we can have an Age of Mythology multiplayer game against each other or something. Dunno. X3 I have my Summer holiday over here so, plenty of time to play games.

Lol and I just gifted it to BTG.

But I'm down for a few matches assuming everyone here is not the type of player that plays against the hardest difficulty with ease lol. I may be able to handle a few attacks but I'm more relaxed when it comes to the game. I usually just play moderate enemies since they aren't hard to deal with but they attack often enough to remain interesting. Except when I play Loki. Widest range of trainable Myth units and ability to summon random ones in combat? It's like it was made for me. :D

Retired Forum Moderator

Not sure if that means you don't have it and want it, or... you have it and you're offering to play with me. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I'm going to rant for a bit about legacy hardware and here's the best thing to start the rant off. Firewire is a bitch. I'm trying to record footage from my TV and the firewire signal just keeps cutting out and then I have to reset a ton of stuff to get another signal in. Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 8 (64-bit) using a card with drivers meant for Windows 98 and free software that was last updated in 2002, since my Dazzle capturer is 10 years old, or maybe it's because I used an unlicensed game and it glitched out, but I had it working perfectly with games like Castlevania for over 30 minutes without a single hiccup from ANYTHING. Seriously, I have no idea what's causing this and I keep losing footage. Every time I beat a stage, I glance over to see whether the image is the same as on my TV, and most of the time, it is. But I've just played for just under 40 minutes and it recorded about 20. That's not right. None of this is right.

I'm going to rant for a bit about legacy hardware and here's the best thing to start the rant off. Firewire is a bitch. I'm trying to record footage from my TV and the firewire signal just keeps cutting out and then I have to reset a ton of stuff to get another signal in. Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 8 (64-bit) using a card with drivers meant for Windows 98 and free software that was last updated in 2002, since my Dazzle capturer is 10 years old, or maybe it's because I used an unlicensed game and it glitched out, but I had it working perfectly with games like Castlevania for over 30 minutes without a single hiccup from ANYTHING. Seriously, I have no idea what's causing this and I keep losing footage. Every time I beat a stage, I glance over to see whether the image is the same as on my TV, and most of the time, it is. But I've just played for just under 40 minutes and it recorded about 20. That's not right. None of this is right.

THis sounds like something better suited for the Vent thread. As for the issue at hand itself, I'm not sure I can really help. I spent the last 2 months struggling to get decent ingame capture for my student senior reel. It all came out really low quality though. :/

Anywho, I just finished making a gif from that Mystery Skulls Ghost music vid.

tumblr_nhagl6rvDo1rni446o1_500.gif

It's so adorable. *squee*

Retired Forum Moderator

Anywho, I just finished making a gif from that Mystery Skulls Ghost music vid.

tumblr_nhagl6rvDo1rni446o1_500.gif

It's so adorable. *squee*

thanks C:

the name's riley

THis sounds like something better suited for the Vent thread. As for the issue at hand itself, I'm not sure I can really help. I spent the last 2 months struggling to get decent ingame capture for my student senior reel. It all came out really low quality though. :/

I didn't know there was a vent thread at the time, I realized it just yesterday. Huh.

Also, I'm switching my non-existant avatar to one that's a timeless classic...

princess_smashing.gif

Speaking of creating animated gifs which are now avatars, I created mine using SFM, and Rarity fixed it for me.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Speaking of creating animated gifs which are now avatars, I created mine using SFM, and Rarity fixed it for me.

Your avatar's tail glitches.

It ain't just the tail. It's missing almost 3 frames, and pausing instead.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It ain't just the tail. It's missing almost 3 frames, and pausing instead.

It didn't start as a clean loop and using photoshop to fix the eye(which originally started the loop open and then closed after a few frames) dropped some frames at the end for some reason. I never claimed to be good at working/fixing gifs, I just got bored yesterday and decided to play with Photoshop and After Effects :P

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, I'm pretty good at fixing gifs, but due to content, I am not going to be able to help with fixing this one.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.