General Chat

What was the song?

This one. It was on the classic rock music channel on the TV. I listen to a lot of classic rock and such but I try not to be a snot about it like some people I've seen.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

My blood runs cold

My memory has just been sold

My angel is the centerfold

Angel is the centerfold

Thank you for reminding me about this song. I need to get a new record player, I actually own it on vinyl.

Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl... I'm scared to put it on either of the turntables I have now, as it's already worth over $150 in it's current condition, and I don't want to destroy it. Same for the 3 limited edition copies of Tubular Bells.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a bunch of records in different conditions. My record player broke a few years ago though (or did we sell it? I forgot) so I just keep them up on the shelf in my closet. I should take them down to note down all I've got so I can find digital copies of them.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Well this is a bit of a predicament. I spent the better part of 12 hours sitting in a very bad position yesterday while working on all the things I've fallen behind on. And, Well uh... I can't move my lower spine. I just woke up and it's completely locked. Like I can still feel and move my legs, but any effort I make to get out of this bed is incredibly painful and my lower spine refuses to move.

Called for help and guess all I can do is sit here in pain while I wait.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Retired Forum Moderator

A couple hours at a hospital and an enormous bill to make it only slightly better?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I just had my firs marijuana cookie... It's been 1 hour, and I have yet to feel anything at all.

so apparently my back muscles are all spazzed out. siting in that position for so long in cold air caused them to lock up.

Also whoever made those cookies are either lightweights and cooked with very little or didn't make em right.

Retired Forum Moderator

Nope... It just took me an extra hour to start feeling it...

It was like being dizzy without the world spinning, and smiling was a lot easier. (it actually felt like I was working harder to make muscles relax than I was leaving the smile up)

Oh! I see a bowl of noodles with my name on it. Okay, I can do this. The guy on the left isn't looking but the guy on the right is a rogue element. Uh... Uh-oh, he's walking towards me. Stay cool, stay cool. Oh, man, this guy's a pro. I can't compete with this! I shouldn't have hesitated; I had it! Oh well, I guess I'll have to grab something else for breakfast, like some Oxycodone! I think it's time to go visit my locker, get some happy pills and make the politics here just float away.

I had a great night's sleep under the effects of some more THC after that first load wore off.

I like how my last quarter in college is basically turning into a medical "what now?" My back is finally all healed but now I have a painful lump underneath the knuckle on my left ring finger. Thought it may have been a ruptured blood vessel as the last time I did that a hard lump formed. Instead it's a ganglion cyst probably from the incredible amounts of typing I have to do and the still damaged tissue after I cracked the bone a couple months ago.

I wonder if the whole quarter is gonna be like this. Full of annoying and painful but ultimately non worrisome crap. >:|

Retired Forum Moderator

Pain and annoyances? Sounds like my work. It reminds me of the reason why I didn't want to get a casual job. You slice your fingers on boxes, burn your hand, get it jammed in a door, and your feet start hurting from running around so much.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Go to View > Settings and try changing this:

Did that, now the "decals.wad" file is acting up again, and verifying the game files didn't help this time. Going to uninstall-reinstall, and if that doesn't work, I'll defrag it.

If that doesn't work, do you have any other suggestions?

EDIT: Uninstalling and reinstalling didn;t work, and now my parents won't let me on the computer (Steam runs on a separate computer). Fuck.... :x

Alright, updated situation.

I managed to reboot the computer, then defraged it, and then verified, unistialled/reinstalled for good measure. None of that worked, and Blue Shift is still not working. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm at a loss right now.

Only thing I can think of is get a different computer, or post the problem on the Steam forum for Blue Shift.

I am isolated by an alien and the alien itself is isolated. The title is well deserved.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of creating a small Android RPG sort of game. X3 Just cause, I've always wanted to and it's about time I go and do something.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D