General Chat

I don't mow the lawn. X3 I don't have time. I don't want to. I am a woman. I clean, cook and... I don't do any of those. I'm a lazy bastard.

(Not being sexist. A LOT of women clean and cook, should just be a usual thing. Not feminist material)

Hey, I clean and cook, and do neither too! (and I'm very much male)

Everyone should do those things... They're necessary for self-sufficiency.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh. I mean like in a marriage scenario. :3 Sorry. X3

The man goes to work, the mother makes the lunches, cooks for her husband. All the nice stuff. Of course it can work vice versa, but I dunno, I like to see it as that. Seems more traditional.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Traditionally, at least in the entire history of my family, men have done just as much cooking as the women. Not as much cleaning though.

Oh. I mean like in a marriage scenario. :3 Sorry. X3

The man goes to work, the mother makes the lunches, cooks for her husband. All the nice stuff. Of course it can work vice versa, but I dunno, I like to see it as that. Seems more traditional.

I'm afraid I completely disagree on that. But that's just me.

As long as both husband and wife are coexisting and doing what they choose to do, I'm fine with it. But if those sort of roles are expected as an automatic obligation, then I'll start making a fuss.

I'm not big fan of tradition, sorry :P

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

It's fine. You're not my husband so it doesn't really matter. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Incidentally in my family, my dad's the one that stays home and cooks and cleans while my mom goes to work. They both used to work but my dad was a background actor and once he went union work stopped completely. :/

I have an extremely non-traditional family though so I never really thought about it.

Retired Forum Moderator

Incidentally in my family, my dad's the one that stays home and cooks and cleans while my mom goes to work. They both used to work but my dad was a background actor and once he went union work stopped completely. :/

I have an extremely non-traditional family though so I never really thought about it.

Both my parents worked full-time when I was a kid which left me to my own devices after I got home from school. My dad ended up doing most of the cooking as he got home earlier, but most of the cleaning was left to my mom. Originally, my mom was a stay at home mother but started working from home off an old-ass DOS for a shipping company. I vaguely remember this being around when I was two as I always wondered why I couldn't play Tyrian on it where I could with the family computer. She eventually started working part time into full time when I went into school.

I suppose this is pretty traditional.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

My childhood was highly variable... I was even 'homeless' for a summer when I was 6, so my Mom and I (my Dad was working a couple hundred miles away) spent it at a campground next to a lake... I liked homelessness a lot that year. (not that it felt like being homeless)

I like how every time the PS4 or Xbone servers go down, there's always like 1000 people screaming "I'm gonna sell my system!" Lol no you're not. You're gonna go right back to playing your game once the servers are back up and everyone knows it. You aren't fooling anyone.

If I started writing down the names of people making those comments and compared them every time it went down, I wonder how many matches I'd get.

Retired Forum Moderator

Thousands.

A lot of people over-complain, and then do nothing. It's that way for everything. (I'll even admit to it)

I like how every time the PS4 or Xbone servers go down, there's always like 1000 people screaming "I'm gonna sell my system!" Lol no you're not. You're gonna go right back to playing your game once the servers are back up and everyone knows it. You aren't fooling anyone.

If I started writing down the names of people making those comments and compared them every time it went down, I wonder how many matches I'd get.

I find such complaints funny because the servers going down is not the fault of the console itself, just people hacking the service, so selling the console achieves nothing. I do find myself lucky to be a PC gamer at times since it gives me more options if something like Steam goes down. At least that has an offline mode.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I find such complaints funny because the servers going down is not the fault of the console itself, just people hacking the service, so selling the console achieves nothing. I do find myself lucky to be a PC gamer at times since it gives me more options if something like Steam goes down. At least that has an offline mode.

The thing is, when a service like Xbox live Or PSN goes down, it is equivalent to our ISP going down. So basically, the main attractions of a console, ie Multiplayer shooters, are now unplayable. I would hazard a guess that the people who complain are people who send most of their time playing Call of Duty or whatever Halo game is out right now. So to them, the console is just a brick.

I am happy I can enjoy single player games.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I'll probably only ever play online again with friends, most likely LAN.

there's always like 1000 people screaming "I'm gonna sell my system!" Lol no you're not. You're gonna go right back to playing your game once the servers are back up and everyone knows it. You aren't fooling anyone.

This is pretty every member of the IWC when WWE has a lame PPV. "Never gonna watch RAW again!" And yet they watch next week's episode without fail.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I don't drink! I cannot relate to this post. X3 Sorry.

Also guys, I'm thinking of making a webcomic. It's something I've wanted to do for ages now but I've never sat down and really planned a story out for it. However, I need the motivation to actually go through it. XD So many of my projects have just been dumped because I forget about them because, I'm lazy and can't motivate myself. X3 So I need other people to. Just, every now and then pester me to plan my comic. Thanks.

Also, the webcomic will be based in a sort of sci-fi group vs environment scenario. Screw plane crashes. This will be a spaceship crash. XP I'll have three main characters which form the group, not sure where to go from here though.

-------

If you start a webcomic be sure you have a definitive beginning and a definitive end. From there you can improvise all you want if you don't have an exact idea of where to go. Otherwise it's best to think most of it through with all the rises and falls ect.

Also TVtropes.

If you start a webcomic be sure you have a definitive beginning and a definitive end. From there you can improvise all you want if you don't have an exact idea of where to go. Otherwise it's best to think most of it through with all the rises and falls ect.

Also TVtropes.

I like the idea of someone asking for tips and then someone else just posting a link to TVtropes.

Also guys, I'm thinking of making a webcomic. It's something I've wanted to do for ages now but I've never sat down and really planned a story out for it. However, I need the motivation to actually go through it. XD So many of my projects have just been dumped because I forget about them because, I'm lazy and can't motivate myself. X3 So I need other people to. Just, every now and then pester me to plan my comic. Thanks.

Also, the webcomic will be based in a sort of sci-fi group vs environment scenario. Screw plane crashes. This will be a spaceship crash. XP I'll have three main characters which form the group, not sure where to go from here though.

Unfortunately, I'm a horrible pesterer when it comes to long-term projects. I can however offer my services as editor/proofreader/grammar nazi.

Unfortunately, I'm a horrible pesterer when it comes to long-term projects. I can however offer my services as editor/proofreader/grammar nazi.

Okay. X3 First off, you can start by reading my draft story base of it. Basically dot points of what each comic strip will contain. I need to make sure my story isn't completely bullsnot. XD I'll like, PM you it when I'm done. X3

-------