General Chat

Also guys, I'm thinking of making a webcomic. It's something I've wanted to do for ages now but I've never sat down and really planned a story out for it. However, I need the motivation to actually go through it. XD So many of my projects have just been dumped because I forget about them because, I'm lazy and can't motivate myself. X3 So I need other people to. Just, every now and then pester me to plan my comic. Thanks.

Also, the webcomic will be based in a sort of sci-fi group vs environment scenario. Screw plane crashes. This will be a spaceship crash. XP I'll have three main characters which form the group, not sure where to go from here though.

Unfortunately, I'm a horrible pesterer when it comes to long-term projects. I can however offer my services as editor/proofreader/grammar nazi.

This actually reminded me of my own time as an editor.

I mostly blocked it out because the author was horrifically incompetent and acted like a child whenever I criticized something that didn't make sense or pointed out blatant continuity errors. I even had to make a list of the named characters that popped up, important facts about them, links between them and other characters, the factions they were part of, and even their own physical appearance because he couldn't remember any of it. Then he had to nerve to kick me off his editing team, after I spent over a year working on his mess, without warning and still demanded I let him use the document I made. The best part is I had to learn this from another editor which I brought on to help with grammar since I'm dyslexic as fuck.

For the most part I enjoyed being the kind of editor that made sure everything clicked together in the end rather than the spell checking kind. I hope I can help being that kind of editor again someday.

Okay. X3 First off, you can start by reading my draft story base of it. Basically dot points of what each comic strip will contain. I need to make sure my story isn't completely bullsnot. XD I'll like, PM you it when I'm done. X3

I'll be glad to do it. :)

This actually reminded me of my own time as an editor.

I mostly blocked it out because the author was horrifically incompetent and acted like a child whenever I criticized something that didn't make sense or pointed out blatant continuity errors. I even had to make a list of the named characters that popped up, important facts about them, links between them and other characters, the factions they were part of, and even their own physical appearance because he couldn't remember any of it. Then he had to nerve to kick me off his editing team, after I spent over a year working on his mess, without warning and still demanded I let him use the document I made. The best part is I had to learn this from another editor which I brought on to help with grammar since I'm dyslexic as fuck.

I've had those... My brother being one of them. (he's trying to make a full graphic novel, and thinks it's ready for publication despite the fact that he can't find anyone that understands it without his verbal explanation)

For the most part I enjoyed being the kind of editor that made sure everything clicked together in the end rather than the spell checking kind. I hope I can help being that kind of editor again someday.

I enjoy that too, but because of taking one year of grammar from an English major (she has been my Mom's best friend for over 40 years) I have an ingrained grammar nazi that can't be turned off. (and I love to be able to use it to help people)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

thinks it's ready for publication despite the fact that he can't find anyone that understands it without his verbal explanation)

Performance Art, summed up.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Also: last night, I guess my sleeping brain was misfiring as it tried to commit an episode of game dungeon to memory.

I dreamed that Accursed Farms announced a convention in Montana called 'RossCon', which promised to raise money for the upcoming movie and give attendees the opportunity to help the production process in a mysterious, but important way. I've always had a filmmaking itch so I figured, 'Ah, what the hell' and made a weekend trip out of it.

The directions to RossCon were a little cryptic and didn't mention any convention center or anything. Following these direction eventually had me bouncing down a gravel road, swearing as the last of my confidence in where I was going drained away. As if sensing my desperation, a handwritten sign appeared around the next turn declaring 'ROSSCON' as a sodden, fenced-off cow pasture where a crowd of equally confused people stood awkwardly. A surly parking attendant pointed me to a ribboned off parking area, where I sank my truck up to the wheel wells in mud. Leaving that problem for later, I got out and slogged my way over to my fellow neckbeards.

After much waiting, aimless shuffling, and everyone desperately trying to get smartphone reception because eye-contact is scary, a battered 1970's hatchback came snarling down the gravel road at mach speed, completing its entrance with a handbrake turn that WHAM, crumpled its fender against one of the fenceposts. Out jumped the man of the hour himself, Ross, who offhandedly commented that the car was stolen anyways, and then launched into a spirited monologue about the challenges awaiting him on his moviemaking adventure.

While Ross regaled us with his eloquence, he also busied himself by setting up the attractions to this convention, which consisted of: a card table, a soda bottle full of tobbacco juice, a laptop with a disaster of cables snarling out of it, and a podium. Last came a heavy cardboard box with "rare vinyls - CAREFUL" scrawled on it, which clattered and made the card table sag ominously as he plopped it down.

Now, one of my biggest frustrations is trying to listen to an announcement, but some dipshit next to you is talking to his neighbor. This was happening in full force in this crowd, so I didn't hear much until the tail end, when Ross got the PA system working and said:

"--so I figure, what better way to provide all that than by harvesting human souls? That's where you come in! :) "

At this point, two big bouncer-looking assistants peeled opened the cardboard box and started distributing shurikens to the attendees. Ross went on to explain that this activity was kind of like dodgeball, only with much higher stakes since he had smeared the throwing stars in potent cardiotoxins. Also, he mentioned a sharpshooter with thermal imaging standing by in case anyone tried to run away or be clever--the only way to go home was to be one of the last ten people standing. And so, with a resounding, "GO-OOO!", the crowd erupted into a thrashing carpet of violence as presumably civilized first worlders readily turned on each other in the name of survival.

I remember hiding under a car, next to the muffler for most of the game, and a scoreboard told me that there were only 10 people left. I was looking for my opportunity to sneak back in like nothing happened when I was finally spotted by this HUGE one armed guy with one of those "HELLO MY NAME IS______" nametags that identified him as "Spinegrinder". Not content to simply poison me and call it a day, Spinegrinder decided to pin me down and saw my head off with one of the serrated edges of his star :roll:

I thought you weren't supposed to be able to dream about dying, but apparently years of multiplayer FPS games has acclimated my subconscious to the concept because the next thing I remember was floating above the carnage as this disembodied, mist-like being. Unfortunately, this did not mean that I was free--it turns out that the soda bottle I mentioned earlier was some kind of soul trap and thus, I was sucked down, Ghostbusters-like, into a used Dr Pepper bottle.

The last thing I remember was Ross trying to connect us disembodied souls to a room full of typewriters, but he didn't have the right cable adapter so he gave up and just left us to haunt that office. Oh, and one of my fellow unfortunates had been texting throughout the whole ordeal and didn't realize he was dead until I told him, to which he said, "Meh" and got back to it.

So, the moral of the story is, if there's ever a RossCon, it could be more hardcore than most cons outside the punk or metal genre. Be careful and use the buddy system.

(EDIT: The other moral is that whoever decried religion as the opiate of the masses didn't know jack about smartphones.)

XD God. That dream. I remember having a dream where I was at a school carnival. There was a rollercoaster, the Spinny thing and all sorts of attractions. And, then sitting over on the grassy field, near the rickety fence stood a gorgeous sleek white and black helicopter. I glance over to every inch of it, examining the beauty that it is. That's when I saw Ross Scott. He sits in the cockpit, the pilot seat. At first I assume this is one of those; "Pretend to be a pilot/driver" rides. But then, Ross slaps on a helmet and positions the microphone on his head set. At this point, I'm very confused. I just stand with my mouth in awe, slowly approaching the large vessel. Ross turns to look at me. "Ah! The visitors have arrived! I was expecting more than this, but the helicopter is only capable of carrying one passenger, and chopping the rest. All aboard!" He exclaims as I excitedly step up onto the helicopter, my small height making it a little hard. There's no one but Ross and me in here so I make myself comfortable sitting next to Ross. "You ready?" Without even waiting for my approval he immediately starts to fire up the helicopter. The blades start to swish above me and the vehicle shakes a little as it's lifted off the ground. I cling to the seat as Ross turns the helicopter, launching off into the sky, giving a good aerial view of the place.

There's more to this dream, and I think I've described it before. But this is a more in depth story like one. X3 So I'll leave it at this.

Also, K4, you can be me editor too if you want. XP

EDIT: I'm probably gonna make a thread for talking about the webcomic later. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Oh, and one of my fellow unfortunates had been texting throughout the whole ordeal and didn't realize he was dead until I told him, to which he said, "Meh" and got back to it.

I'm sorry I intruded into your dream... I';; try not to do that anymore. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed this thread, where I probably ought to have posted. I am become error.

The worst part about your dream is that I could see that actually happening.

Indeed. Ross is a really talented and charismatic voice actor and I respect his work ethic, but there's an authenticity that he brought to Freeman's sociopathic personality that makes you wonder. He might just be that damn good at acting, I suppose--Tom Wilson ("Biff" in Back to the Future) absolutely nailed the cocky douchebag vibe, while personally being anything but, so it is possible.

The subconscious speaks a really interesting language IMHO. Doesn't mean its always right, but I've always appreciated knowing what the score is at my deepest levels. Apparently my subconscious is fully convinced that Ross is evil on a level with the Joker, though. Harvesting souls and then not even using them? That is some cold shit.

I'm sorry I intruded into your dream... I';; try not to do that anymore. ;)

Hey mang, if you have an Inception device and can do that, you might as well put it to good use. Jump in.

XD God. That dream. I remember having a dream where I was at a school carnival. There was a rollercoaster, the Spinny thing and all sorts of attractions. And, then sitting over on the grassy field, near the rickety fence stood a gorgeous sleek white and black helicopter. I glance over to every inch of it, examining the beauty that it is. That's when I saw Ross Scott. He sits in the cockpit, the pilot seat. At first I assume this is one of those; "Pretend to be a pilot/driver" rides. But then, Ross slaps on a helmet and positions the microphone on his head set. At this point, I'm very confused. I just stand with my mouth in awe, slowly approaching the large vessel. Ross turns to look at me. "Ah! The visitors have arrived! I was expecting more than this, but the helicopter is only capable of carrying one passenger, and chopping the rest. All aboard!" He exclaims as I excitedly step up onto the helicopter, my small height making it a little hard. There's no one but Ross and me in here so I make myself comfortable sitting next to Ross. "You ready?" Without even waiting for my approval he immediately starts to fire up the helicopter. The blades start to swish above me and the vehicle shakes a little as it's lifted off the ground. I cling to the seat as Ross turns the helicopter, launching off into the sky, giving a good aerial view of the place.

Interesting, it sounds like you might have a bit of thing for Ross. Dreams where you and a specific individual "climb" or "raise altitude" in any way often indicate strong admiration or romantic interest.

Heh. X3 I'm actually already in a relationship. I neeeeever had a romantic crush on Ross a while back. *shifty eyes, looks around uneasily* ._.

X3 But this dream was recent. We even went on a roller coaster together which doesn't freaking help the whole 'raise altitude' thing. I'm gonna see it as a strong admiration.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Heh. X3 I'm actually already in a relationship. I neeeeever had a romantic crush on Ross a while back. *shifty eyes, looks around uneasily* ._.

X3 But this dream was recent. We even went on a roller coaster together which doesn't freaking help the whole 'raise altitude' thing. I'm gonna see it as a strong admiration.

It could be you see him as a close friend as well... That is if you would consider that to be something you would do with a close friend.

It could be you see him as a close friend as well... That is if you would consider that to be something you would do with a close friend.

Could beeee. X3 Sure. I'll go with that. I really look up to Ross. He has the same cynical sense of humour as me. The type of humour you'd be shot at for. The type of humour that strangers look at and go; "what is wrong with you".

-------

He has the same cynical sense of humour as me. The type of humour you'd be shot at for. The type of humour that strangers look at and go; "what is wrong with you".

I think that's what brings us all together here. :mrgreen:

He has the same cynical sense of humour as me. The type of humour you'd be shot at for. The type of humour that strangers look at and go; "what is wrong with you".

I think that's what brings us all together here. :mrgreen:

One time, my friend was introducing me to a new person. I greeted them by jokingly saying; " Ah! The specimen had arrived! Time to eat your soul."

I found out later that she was LEGIT scared of me because I threatened to eat her soul. X3 She ACTUALLY thought I was going to hurt her.

-------

There are just some people that can't see humor even when it shoves a cream pie in their face.

Look what I did guys!

Also, guys, I need your help understanding something. I need to plan in advance, make sure I don't miss a THING.

In less than a year, I'm visiting America, California (if any of you live there, we should totally meet up at one point!), LA. I'm going there for a visit. :3 A month visit I think. Then I'm coming back, and in another year's time or so, I'm going back again to live forever, using a Fiance VISA to get there.

I just need to have a list of things to do to get my Fiance VISA. Do any of you have experience with VISAs? :o

I've found a few good sites for the requirements and things I need to do. But I just want to make sure I plan it out puurrrfectly.

-------

I live in L.A. :o Though I'm not sure how fun I'd be in person since all I ever talk about are games and programming lol. That and not only do I not have a car, but for L.A. being my home city I know next to nothing about it. Introversion and all that.

As for VISA's, nope, sorry. Never needed to deal with that before.

Retired Forum Moderator

If I may go out on a limb: I assume you're visiting your guy this year. If the purpose of this initial visit is to do a sort of trial-run and see if you guys click, keep your eyes open and don't be afraid to hold things against him or question your feelings. If something about him (or especially something about his parents) annoys or creeps you out now, it will be ten times worse once you guys are committed, and continue growing until you guys separate. The Gift Of Fear is an extremely enlightening book about how to judge character in that respect.

I say this because so many of my own ladyfriends went to drastic lengths for a relationship in their early 20's. Most of the time it was giving up college and moving cross country, but occasionally I'd see someone join the military or even change religion(!!) and pay huge tithes to be with her guy. Most of them were able to achieve their goal because determination is cool like that, but later on split with the man who had inspired them to such efforts because he changed. Puberty continues way longer than people think, and people's personalities don't usually cement until about 25 or so.

This isn't to say "don't do it." Its really not even my business, you don't have to justify anything to me. Just some advice, to keep your eyes open and understand that its not weak or irresolute to listen to your reservations--not 'give in to them' nor 'ignore them', just listen and process.

Good luck, ma'am!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)