General Chat

Does anyone else think about a scenario that isn't true, and just accidentally make themself sad? X3

I've been thinking, what if my boyfriend disappeared. It sounds real "original" and all, but I really would not be able to go on. He's my ticket out of my abusive family, and he's the most gorgeous person. If he disappeared, I'd be stuck. Sure I'd find love again. But not the chance to leave. So yeah. Now I'm sad for thinking of something that isn't true.

Well, as I've said before, if you can get over here, you have a place to stay... No need to be locked there.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If worst comes to worse, I can always hook up with one of you guys. X3 You're a fun bunch so. Lovely people. But as of now, it's just me and my darling boyfriend!

Also... I had the WEIRDEST experience this morning. I came to school and leaned against my locker. I was watching the crowd, suddenly... It all seemed... Familiar. For at least 1 minute, I was pounded with scenarios that I SWEAR have happened before. Perhaps from a dream? Not sure. But it hit me so hard, I legit almost fainted. I felt EXTREMELY dizzy and everything around me didn't make sense. People talked to me and I could only mutter. I had to sit down for 2 minutes to recollect myself. It was so weird. @_@

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

You probly had a dream about it a long time ago, and forgot you dreamed it until that moment... If you're not used to it, it can be like getting hit by a ton of bricks. You probly won't have significant issues the next time it happens.

Extreme deja vu?

Also, I'd say come visit me in Newcastle, but the temperature difference might make you reverse straight back on the plane :P

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

If worst comes to worse, I can always hook up with one of you guys. X3 You're a fun bunch so. Lovely people. But as of now, it's just me and my darling boyfriend!

Also... I had the WEIRDEST experience this morning. I came to school and leaned against my locker. I was watching the crowd, suddenly... It all seemed... Familiar. For at least 1 minute, I was pounded with scenarios that I SWEAR have happened before. Perhaps from a dream? Not sure. But it hit me so hard, I legit almost fainted. I felt EXTREMELY dizzy and everything around me didn't make sense. People talked to me and I could only mutter. I had to sit down for 2 minutes to recollect myself. It was so weird. @_@

Deja vu happens very often to me.I got used to it.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I get Deja Vu on an almost daily basis. Mostly very minor experiences, not strong enough to even really just make me think "huh", but every so often I get one so intense it can stop me in my tracks. It's always fun when they happen though, regardless of the reasons.

Retired Forum Moderator

The first Matrix movie really screwed up deja vu. In the movie, they show the cat doing the same thing back to back. That's not deja vu. They should've separated the cat doing the same thing by, like, a lot of stuff. Like maybe Neo's first time back into the Matrix, he sees the cat and doesn't think much of it, then later, when the deja vu scene has to happen, then they could repeat the shot.

I just realised, working as IT support wouldn't even be that complicated. X3 Because... usually... people who have problems, are SO uneducated in IT, that they don't think of looking online. People who ARE educated enough, just go online to fix their problems. On DeviantArt, this chick I'll give credit for for actually looking up for answers. X3 But dear lord. She goes; "My program isn't working. I've looked online, says I should restart from a safety recovery point or whatever."

XD For one... single program, she was about to go through the whole lengthy process of 'backdating'. Good God. I had to practically shout at her and go; "NO. DO NOT." and then tell her she literally only needed to reinstall the program. X3 She reinstalled it. Fixed it. She also asked if reinstalling her drawing program (Paint SAI), would remove all her SAI files on her computer. You know... the picture files that go likethis.sai. I am finally understanding why tech support facepalms so much. XD It's hilarious but sad at the same time.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I just realised, working as IT support wouldn't even be that complicated. X3 Because... usually... people who have problems, are SO uneducated in IT, that they don't think of looking online. People who ARE educated enough, just go online to fix their problems. On DeviantArt, this chick I'll give credit for for actually looking up for answers. X3 But dear lord. She goes; "My program isn't working. I've looked online, says I should restart from a safety recovery point or whatever."

XD For one... single program, she was about to go through the whole lengthy process of 'backdating'. Good God. I had to practically shout at her and go; "NO. DO NOT." and then tell her she literally only needed to reinstall the program. X3 She reinstalled it. Fixed it. She also asked if reinstalling her drawing program (Paint SAI), would remove all her SAI files on her computer. You know... the picture files that go likethis.sai. I am finally understanding why tech support facepalms so much. XD It's hilarious but sad at the same time.

One of the IT workers at my college used to tell me about when he worked for the Best Buy IT department and would regale me with stories about how his day consisted mostly of helping people remember that computers needed to draw power from an outlet to function. A lot of people like to mock IT for asking if they made sure the computer was plugged in and powered but they ask it for a really good reason.

Retired Forum Moderator

One of the IT workers at my college used to tell me about when he worked for the Best Buy IT department and would regale me with stories about how his day consisted mostly of helping people remember that computers needed to draw power from an outlet to function. A lot of people like to mock IT for asking if they made sure the computer was plugged in and powered but they ask it for a really good reason.

It's basically this: https://youtu.be/RMKyVwbJJoY?t=3m21s just a lot less shooting (hopefully).

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

XDD Oh goodness me. I always have friends in class who complain and whinge at the computers, saying; "No! I didn't want to do that!"

X3 They just don't know what they're doing. They expect pressing a few buttons won't do anything. But I know. I think the only time I get angry at my PC is because of 1. Extreme lag. 2. Not working for some odd reason. 3. Windows' restart system.

-------

My catchphrase recently has become "Fuck off, Windows!"

Last year it bluescreened and when I did the recovery it installed an unregistered version, which is stupid because it came from the hard drive itself. Now every few hours regardless of what I'm doing it'll put up this blue splash screen that says "activate windows" for a few seconds before it lets me drag it away. Only problem is it like literally waits for the most inopportune time to do that, like literally less than a second before I click on something(Consistently. Could happen 3-4 times a day) or right as I start a boss fight in a game or get a message from a friend, etc. And every time it happens I let out a hearty "FUCK OFF, WINDOWS!"

Retired Forum Moderator

Last year it bluescreened and when I did the recovery it installed an unregistered version, which is stupid because it came from the hard drive itself. Now every few hours regardless of what I'm doing it'll put up this blue splash screen that says "activate windows" for a few seconds before it lets me drag it away. Only problem is it like literally waits for the most inopportune time to do that, like literally less than a second before I click on something(Consistently. Could happen 3-4 times a day) or right as I start a boss fight in a game or get a message from a friend, etc. And every time it happens I let out a hearty "FUCK OFF, WINDOWS!"

I have programs that can get rid of that.

I didn't get to hear the "fuck off, windows!" when we played league :<

the name's riley

My sister used to work in Maplin, and she would get people coming in, saying, "I want a TV cable", and she would reply "Ok, what type?"

"What? A TV cable".

People don't know technology.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

People don't know technology.

That's what a frayed power cable is for... You tell them to plug it in, then hold on to the bare metal area, and see if that fixes the problem. (it most certainly will fix the problem of idiots that can't look up shit)

I didn't get to hear the "fuck off, windows!" when we played league :<

but you did get the "No windows, not now! God damn arg!" or a similar variety. It happens when I'm in a good mood. Not sure if you heard it.

Retired Forum Moderator

I decided to take a look at an old hunting site that my family used to visit via google maps. I have fond memories of the place, I discovered many things and even fired my first gun there. What really brings back memories was the my grandmother's old truck "the ghost" and her old camper that was left behind. (29.999773, -98.980034 put this into google maps if you want to see them.) To the north west of those two is an escarpment that has a bunch of fossils, I even have a few of them here with me.

A bit to the east (30.003101, -98.969887) is also an old cabin that we also used. It's real old too, maybe built back during the US expansion into the west, it even has an old iron stove, a sheet metal barn full of hay bells for the local cows and an old run down cow pen. I remember the old tree there that they would skin the deer. I guess this is where I was desensitized to gore at the age of 4-5.

I hope to one day go return and get back the old camper, the owner of the land died not too long ago and her worthless son took her land and I don't want him doing anything to that camper.

Well I was about to say no, but I just tried and any attempts to change it lead to a white screen with no change. Huh.

Retired Forum Moderator